FUE - Best UK options

Hi everyone

I’ve finally joined this forum after years of reading all the helpful and detailed reviews.

Im looking for some advice for what would be my second hair transplant. 
in my mid 20s I had an fue procedure with Dr Feriduni, which went pretty well. The graft number was relatively small (1009) but gave a nice boost to my confidence and has kept me happy for a almost 8 years. 

Im now considering my second transplant and would be hoping to have this in the UK. 
I have narrowed my search down to 2 clinics. The Maitland clinic and Dr Bonaros clinic in Glasgow ( both members of ISHRs )

Has anyone had experience of these clinics recently/ surgeons? As i am seeing fairly limited output online 

thanks 

duncan

• Like 1

Being a member of ISHRS is no guarantee of quality. What you want is to see actual real patient results from the Drs/Clinic you’re choosing. Out of those 2 I would say Dr Ball, although I think you could do even better by travelling further afield. Europe has some elite Drs, would you not consider going back to Dr Feriduni? 

The other Dr/clinic you mentioned I have no knowledge of, might be ok but without any results to look at ? Nope 👎 

Someone who I do think is doing good work here in the UK is Dr Raja. But again I do think you could have much better choice by going elsewhere outside the Uk… 

Thanks for the response - As you mention there isn’t an awful lot of case work examples of the two clinics. I have heard good things and they do seem reputable. Much more supporting evidence of the maitland clinics work.

the waiting list for Dr Feriduni was the issue and is probably similar in many of the elite European clinics. However, I do understand the importance of not rushing these types of things.

The convenience of being able to stay in the Uk would also be great! Such a shame there isn’t more on offer here at the moment.

1 hour ago, duncan1989 said:

Hi everyone

I’ve finally joined this forum after years of reading all the helpful and detailed reviews.

Im looking for some advice for what would be my second hair transplant. 
in my mid 20s I had an fue procedure with Dr Feriduni, which went pretty well. The graft number was relatively small (1009) but gave a nice boost to my confidence and has kept me happy for a almost 8 years. 

Im now considering my second transplant and would be hoping to have this in the UK. 
I have narrowed my search down to 2 clinics. The Maitland clinic and Dr Bonaros clinic in Glasgow ( both members of ISHRs )

Has anyone had experience of these clinics recently/ surgeons? As i am seeing fairly limited output online 

thanks 

duncan

think it’s the IAHRS that includes the worldwide renown surgeons.. not convinced by the ISHRS to be honest… the UK isn’t blessed with many good doctors and the cost over here isn’t value for money.. could go to some of Europe’s best for much cheaper 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Big Rome said:

think it’s the IAHRS that includes the worldwide renown surgeons.. not convinced by the ISHRS to be honest… the UK isn’t blessed with many good doctors and the cost over here isn’t value for money.. could go to some of Europe’s best for much cheaper 

Personally speaking I don’t believe that any of them can be particularly relied upon, incl IAHRS/ABHRS, if you can show some results/pass some exams and pay some money ? Your in. For anyone wondering, take a look at the list of the Drs/Clinics listed and you will find a mix of elite/good/poor. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, duncan1989 said:

Thanks for the response - As you mention there isn’t an awful lot of case work examples of the two clinics. I have heard good things and they do seem reputable. Much more supporting evidence of the maitland clinics work.

the waiting list for Dr Feriduni was the issue and is probably similar in many of the elite European clinics. However, I do understand the importance of not rushing these types of things.

The convenience of being able to stay in the Uk would also be great! Such a shame there isn’t more on offer here at the moment.

As it’s been quite a while since you’re last procedure I would definitely consider waiting for a better option, who knows it might not even be that long. 
Dr Feriduni is still doing fantastic work ! But so many other options these days, and yes it’s unfortunate we don’t have the worlds elite here in the Uk, and value wise it’s pretty expensive when compared elsewhere. 

Dr reddy does the best work in the uk in my opinion and manages to get great results with minimum Grafts and has a lot of cases on the forum . But he’s pricey . And given the uk is in close proximity to Belgium and Spain where there are great Doctors in partcular bisanga and couto, better to look there than the uk .

Edited by sukh123
  • Like 1

If you had to stick to the UK, then Dr. Reddy for sure. The results I’ve seen from him are very natural and look great. He seems very detailed, careful, and gets great results from minimal grafts.

however, there’s a lot of options nearby which imo surpass him. Bisanga, Freitas, pinto, etc

• 10 months later...

Not sure if you’re still looking but I recently had a transplant with Dr Bonaros in Glasgow on the 1st of March 

My case was challenging due to a previous strip surgery, awkward hair loss pattern and fine hair.  

It’s early days as I’m just over the 3 month mark but so far I’m very happy. Growth has started and it seems to be improving on a daily basis 

If you need any further advice I’d be happy to advise you of my experience 

• Valued Contributor

Dr bonaros is a good ethical doctor ....and in uk you can also consider dr mittal..he is also doing excellent work...

• Like 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

• 2 months later...
On 6/6/2023 at 5:17 PM, Baal123 said:

Not sure if you’re still looking but I recently had a transplant with Dr Bonaros in Glasgow on the 1st of March 

My case was challenging due to a previous strip surgery, awkward hair loss pattern and fine hair.  

It’s early days as I’m just over the 3 month mark but so far I’m very happy. Growth has started and it seems to be improving on a daily basis 

If you need any further advice I’d be happy to advise you of my experience 

Hi, I am considering Dr Bonaros but not seeing many posts about him on this forum. How have your results been?