[Beard Transplant][6 days post op][Cobblestoning] I think I have cobblestoning following beard transplant

mustache and under chin area both have small bump formation while cheek area looks like it is recovering normally.

I contacted my drs assistant and they say its fine and just healing. Dr is on vacation this week so was unable to talk directly. There is distinct bumps showing up in the goatee area while the cheeks look fine. Does this look like cobblestoning to you guys?

IMG_5048.jpg

IMG_5051.jpg

IMG_5052.jpg

IMG_5053.jpg

IMG_5054.jpg

Doesn't look like it to me. Bumps may last until 4-6 weeks. From what I know (I'm a newbie to the transplant world), bumps on chin and upper lip last longer than on cheeks. My upper lip bumps lasted about 4 weeks.

@braun453 I love u. Thanks for the response!

I am hopelessly bald on top of my head (NW7, trash donor area) so I am investing in a thickest most aesthetic beard possible then SMP for the scalp. Luckily i look OK bald, so this is my best option

• Like 2

1 hour ago, iAtlas said:

@braun453 I love u. Thanks for the response!

I am hopelessly bald on top of my head (NW7, trash donor area) so I am investing in a thickest most aesthetic beard possible then SMP for the scalp. Luckily i look OK bald, so this is my best option

How's your skin underneath? Is it darker than normal skin? I just had beard transplant as well 14 days post-op

Idk about cobblestoning, but it doesnt look bad at all. I was only able to tell what you were reffering to in the closeup picture, but nobody will look that close and all beards have a harsher look anyway

Btw did you try the minoxidil/dermarolling for the beard before doing the transplant? Cuz I see a lot of crazy results on reddit..

12-36 months? That sounds awfully long. My doctor told me the skin would be back to normal once the hair starts to grow. The bumps are gonna come back with hair in them and would go away once the hair breaks the skin. Unless you have scarring/cobblestoning things should get back to normal at 3-4 month mark, for facial hair transplants.

I'm a noob, take what I say with a pinch of salt :D

I can't tell.  Are the bumps only at the base of each follicle?  If so, it could be cobblestoning.  I don't know why but i've heard from a number of doctors that the area below the chin is much more susceptible to cobblestoning.

On 7/31/2022 at 1:11 PM, slimjerky said:

I can't tell.  Are the bumps only at the base of each follicle?  If so, it could be cobblestoning.  I don't know why but i've heard from a number of doctors that the area below the chin is much more susceptible to cobblestoning.

Yes

• Valued Contributor

Who was your surgeon and how long are you post op? I would wait and speak with your doctor. Even if you do have cobblestoning the hairs themselves should mask this and the redness in time will subside. I had 4,500 grafts removed from my beard six months ago and the scarring in some parts took time to clear up. Some areas healed in a matter of weeks. Patience is your key. All the best!

17 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

Who was your surgeon and how long are you post op? I would wait and speak with your doctor. Even if you do have cobblestoning the hairs themselves should mask this and the redness in time will subside. I had 4,500 grafts removed from my beard six months ago and the scarring in some parts took time to clear up. Some areas healed in a matter of weeks. Patience is your key. All the best!

Aside from the topic but you must really love living on the edge to decide to remove so many beard grafts! I'd be scared to death thinking about the possible scarring on the face haha. Happy that your skin is healed now :)

• Thanks 1

On 8/2/2022 at 8:22 PM, Gatsby said:

I will share the Dr when i get closer to end results. Well known dr in turkiye though who did it himself.

Thanks for all the support man

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...