Waiting times

Hi guys,

Been looking at this forum for a while now but first time poster. Been considering FUE procedure. Have yet to contact a clinic yet but have good feeling about Dr Bisanga so may get in touch soon for consultation at least to review options.

One thing on my mind is I have seen people mention a red flag is when the clinic can perform transplant very quick after consultation, very little waiting time. Others mentioning the best clinics have longer waiting time.

Ok lets take Bisanga for example, i have read independant reviews on here that mention they had consultation day before surgery or had consulation and had transplant within 1-3 months. I dont know if 3 months is considered long but that seems fast to me. I am not sure.

I know Dr Bisanga is widely regarded as top surgeon on this forum and I also see people mention the best surgeons have long wait list. 

How long should one expect to wait inbetween consultation and procedure at top clinic? Is less than 3 months a "red flag"? 

This question applies to any clinic i do not mean to single out Bisanga, just he is on my mind as I am considering his clinic. His work speaks for itself and he has many happy reviews.

Thank you.

Hair mills/poor clinics will fit people in tomorrow if possible, that’s the red flag. If it’s a well known/proven clinic then you may get lucky and get a slot, I don’t believe there is a particular waiting list period, it really depends on a lot of factors. 
Some of those choosing either Dr Couto or even Dr Freitas are looking at a pretty long wait, they are that in demand. Same with the top Portuguese Drs (Ferreira & Pinto) long waiting times due to demand. As you mentioned Dr Bisanga for example (who is basically my fave Dr) he’s always had a demand, but it has varied greatly over the years, sometimes longer, other times a couple of months. 
Eugenix is another example of very different waiting lists depending on which Dr is being chosen. 

Edited by Britalien

I could be wrong here, but I feel that the higher prices Drs/Clinics seem to usually have availability. It’s the mid range such as those doing really good work in Europe that seem to have lengthy waiting lists at the moment. Obviously the mills will always have no waiting as they have the facility for a ridiculous amount of patients per day and won’t ever turn anyone away. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, HairT85 said:

Hi guys,

Been looking at this forum for a while now but first time poster. Been considering FUE procedure. Have yet to contact a clinic yet but have good feeling about Dr Bisanga so may get in touch soon for consultation at least to review options.

One thing on my mind is I have seen people mention a red flag is when the clinic can perform transplant very quick after consultation, very little waiting time. Others mentioning the best clinics have longer waiting time.

Ok lets take Bisanga for example, i have read independant reviews on here that mention they had consultation day before surgery or had consulation and had transplant within 1-3 months. I dont know if 3 months is considered long but that seems fast to me. I am not sure.

I know Dr Bisanga is widely regarded as top surgeon on this forum and I also see people mention the best surgeons have long wait list. 

How long should one expect to wait inbetween consultation and procedure at top clinic? Is less than 3 months a "red flag"? 

This question applies to any clinic i do not mean to single out Bisanga, just he is on my mind as I am considering his clinic. His work speaks for itself and he has many happy reviews.

Thank you.

Just focus on clinic’s results. Dont select a clinic because it has “long waiting list”. U never know if the clinic pretends that it has long waiting list as a marketing trick to show you that its very busy and popular option. Also some doctors may select not to do surgeries every days, and as a result they will have longer waiting lists..

Edited by jose07
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Britalien said:

I could be wrong here, but I feel that the higher prices Drs/Clinics seem to usually have availability. It’s the mid range such as those doing really good work in Europe that seem to have lengthy waiting lists at the moment. Obviously the mills will always have no waiting as they have the facility for a ridiculous amount of patients per day and won’t ever turn anyone away. 

Yes this is my experience too. Nader had a 6 month wait time but I was happy to book it  

• Like 1

Hi @HairT85

Thanks for your interest in Dr. Bisanga.

Just to clarify some of your concerns. In general Dr. Bisanga schedules out some 3-4 months in advance on average. Depending on scheduling this may be slightly longer at particular times but dates can typically be presented around this timeframe.

Of course at times there may be the odd opportunity where a patient may have postponed their surgery date and therefore a date becomes available sooner and over the last couple of years with Covid presenting a new factor to consider, this has occurred at times but the clinic also have a "list" of individuals who prefer to proceed sooner rather than later and are on standby for such opportunities.

For patients who have consultation the day prior as you mention, these are patients/surgeries that are already scheduled and Dr. Bisanga has requested to meet the patient the day before to finalise surgical approach as opposed to consultation and offering surgery on the following day. 

In terms of waiting times, I would agree that if a particular clinic is consistently able to offer surgery at very short notice, this may suggest a weaker schedule likely in relation to demand or perhaps a different protocol where they are looking to ensure scheduling when an individual presents interest and not miss that opportunity.
Having said that, it isn't always due to unscrupulous reasons that a sooner date may be presented and it may simply be a genuine change in schedule.

You will find that in the case of BHR, we are normally "associated" with quite a different approach where we may be insistent upon an in person consultation prior to being able to confirm surgery when photos may present that requirement as opposed to looking to schedule quickly. But as has been discussed at length, all clinics have their own approach.

Dr. Bisanga travels internationally on a monthly basis to offer in person consultations and in an attempt to be as accessible as possible. If scheduling any interest was our aim, we would simply do so from photos, but this is not our intention and it is due to Dr. Bisanga´s disciplined and thorough approach that BHR are able to achieve such consistently excellent results and therefore this is not a factor that we intend to change.

Another thing to consider that is not always spoken of, I know several clinics that do not perform surgery 5 days a week or 4 weeks per month and therefore naturally this will "extend" their waiting list so it is not always accurate to compare one clinics wait time to another when considering their "demand".

• Like 2

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

• Moderators

2 to 3 months seems normal to me.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.