New to hair transplants- love to hear recommended clinics and surgeons as well as ones to avoid specifically in Turkey. Pics and story below

I am age 24 male and I currently apply liquid minoxidil every night and liquid finasteride three times a week. I’ve been doing this for a while now and I have seen some regrowth but I think it’s time for me to look towards a hair transplant. I would prefer a clinic in Turkey as I heard they have good results but with cheaper prices. I don’t need the really cheap ones but I’ve heard that even top rated places are still cheaper than the US. I’m thinking about getting it done in this upcoming January. Ideally I would like it done by a Doctor Who specializes in my type of hair loss which is diffuse thinning. It is the genetic diffuse thinning so only on top as you guys can see

0BE904E4-FC96-4D05-8A79-378B16638052.png

4B93ED0D-03E0-4D5C-A613-E023B92C77FC.png

F26E710D-592E-4A47-A57C-71760527014C.png

9016F201-5AE9-49FE-95B3-2998463BD789.png

D6C2420D-BF12-46FE-AD0E-EDB69441D918.png

1495F02E-FD70-4D6C-9F57-FE9C27155506.png

If you’re still shedding with topical finasteride you should get on oral finasteride or dutasteride. If you don’t get your hair loss stable you’re just wasting money and donor hair on an HT.  

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, Iceee222 said:

I would prefer a clinic in Turkey as I heard they have good results but with cheaper prices.

Unfortunately basing a hair transplant on budget and geography is a recipe for disaster. How long have you been on medication for? If you have experienced regrowth I recommend that you stick with this protocol. You could also consider looking at other options with your physician after a year or so . You could look at oral/sublingual minoxidil, oral finasteride (that would help protect all of your hair and not just the hair where topical finasteride is applied). You risk shock loss with diffuse thinning if you have surgery. I wish I had better advice. I'm not a doctor but these are my recommendations. All the best!

• Like 3

Dude you are still too young and have too much hair left in order to safely consider a transplant. Plus, as Gatsby mentioned, if it has not yet stabilized, it's absolutely pointless getting any work done -imagine having a perfect hairline that's bald behind the first two hairs, you'd look ridiculous. I know how tough it is, but consider continuing with your medication and possibly using a concealer such as Toppik. Your hairline is intact so it'd work wonders on your hair. 

• Valued Contributor
7 hours ago, Iceee222 said:

I would prefer a clinic in Turkey as I heard they have good results but with cheaper prices.

Most clinics in Turkey are awful, and by 'most', I mean the overwhelming majority... Ditch this idea right away for starters.

You're a young guy with minimal hair loss & some diffuse loss. That makes you a trickier case, and the kind of care & skill you would require to be in the hands of probably won't be found in Turkey. But more so than that, at your age & with your type of loss, you shouldn't be looking to surgery yet at all. Surgery should be an absolute last resort, especially when your hair loss pattern isn't clear, your hair loss isn't stable yet and/or you're of an age where your hair loss is likely to be quite aggressive.

I don't think any ethical or skilled surgeon will touch your midscalp yet. You've got a lot of native hair that could be easily damaged by going in there. Your hairline looks more manageable, although again, you can see a lot of miniaturisation, and these hairs will continue to deplete and recede behind your newly transplanted grafts. You'd either need to stabilise and improve those hairs first, or hold off for a now, let nature take its course and get a HT down the line when the recession is much more developed and clearer. Or you could get a HT but likely need to chase the loss behind it with another HT. There's nothing wrong with having multi HT's - many do and I'll be one of them myself - but it's critical that you choose a good clinic up front so that you aren't wasting grafts on the first go. You want your first HT to stand you in good stead, rather than screw you up! You don't want HT #2 to be a repair job! 

• Like 2

Greetings of the day @Iceee222

My advise to you is to continue on medication for at least another year to see the best results. Oral finasteride is much more effective then the topical one, you can try it out. Age seems to be vital factor in your case as you are quite young as MPB is quite aggressive between 20s to 30s. There are high possibilities of crown restoration only with the help of medications, do not rush for crown transplant. 

You can go for the hairline augmentation if you want although you really don't need it much. If you want a one-to-one session with our doctors, send me a personalized message and I will be happy to assist. 

Regards,

Eugenix Hair Science 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BaldBobby said:

If you’re still shedding with topical finasteride you should get on oral finasteride or dutasteride. If you don’t get your hair loss stable you’re just wasting money and donor hair on an HT.  

Ok I appreciate the advice I still shed but not a ton. I’m fs interested in looking into oral min. For oral fin I’ve considered.25 mg 4 times a week. That good enough?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Eugenix Hair Sciences said:

My advise to you is to continue on medication for at least another year to see the best results. Oral finasteride is much more effective then the topical one, you can try it out. Age seems to be vital factor in your case as you are quite young as MPB is quite aggressive between 20s to 30s. There are high possibilities of crown restoration only with the help of medications, do not rush for crown transplant. 

You can go for the hairline augmentation if you want although you really don't need it much. If you want a one-to-one session with our doctors, send me a personalized message and I will be happy to assist. 

Regards,

Eugenix Hair Science 

My hairline looks way worse when it’s not brushed like this. Especially the left side. I feel like MPB hit me hard when I was 21-22 then I hopped on meds and it’s regrown a bit and even stabilized. I do want to hop on oral min and potentially oral fin. Is .25 mg of fin 4x a week enough?

Im really tired of the hairline and diffuse thinning crown I’m not so worried about. I been on these medications for years now and this is the best I look. I’m really leaning towards a HT

3 minutes ago, Iceee222 said:

Ok I appreciate the advice I still shed but not a ton. I’m fs interested in looking into oral min. For oral fin I’ve considered.25 mg 4 times a week. That good enough?

I don't know I'd use the recommended dosage first and then adjust down if you get side effects.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Unfortunately basing a hair transplant on budget and geography is a recipe for disaster. How long have you been on medication for? If you have experienced regrowth I recommend that you stick with this protocol. You could also consider looking at other options with your physician after a year or so . You could look at oral/sublingual minoxidil, oral finasteride (that would help protect all of your hair and not just the hair where topical finasteride is applied). You risk shock loss with diffuse thinning if you have surgery. I wish I had better advice. I'm not a doctor but these are my recommendations. All the best!

I been on these medications for years now and this is the best I look. Im very defeated by this. My biggest concerns are the hairline and mid scalp. I’ve experienced some regrowth but not so much in the past year. It has definitely stabilized. I’m really leaning towards a HT. Maybe I’ll just get the hairline done 

10 hours ago, StillAlive said:

Dude you are still too young and have too much hair left in order to safely consider a transplant. Plus, as Gatsby mentioned, if it has not yet stabilized, it's absolutely pointless getting any work done -imagine having a perfect hairline that's bald behind the first two hairs, you'd look ridiculous. I know how tough it is, but consider continuing with your medication and possibly using a concealer such as Toppik. Your hairline is intact so it'd work wonders on your hair. 

My hairline looks way worse when it’s not brushed like this. Always so concerned about it. I’ve been on these meds for years saw some decent results but over the last year I’ve just stabilized. I’m young and I want to take advantage of my youth and stop stressing over my hair. I’m really leaning towards a HT. I won’t touch the crown. I’ll maybe just get the hairline done. Would it ever be possible for me to get the mid scalp done assuming my the meds keep working for me?

7 hours ago, Berba11 said:

Most clinics in Turkey are awful, and by 'most', I mean the overwhelming majority... Ditch this idea right away for starters.

You're a young guy with minimal hair loss & some diffuse loss. That makes you a trickier case, and the kind of care & skill you would require to be in the hands of probably won't be found in Turkey. But more so than that, at your age & with your type of loss, you shouldn't be looking to surgery yet at all. Surgery should be an absolute last resort, especially when your hair loss pattern isn't clear, your hair loss isn't stable yet and/or you're of an age where your hair loss is likely to be quite aggressive.

I don't think any ethical or skilled surgeon will touch your midscalp yet. You've got a lot of native hair that could be easily damaged by going in there. Your hairline looks more manageable, although again, you can see a lot of miniaturisation, and these hairs will continue to deplete and recede behind your newly transplanted grafts. You'd either need to stabilise and improve those hairs first, or hold off for a now, let nature take its course and get a HT down the line when the recession is much more developed and clearer. Or you could get a HT but likely need to chase the loss behind it with another HT. There's nothing wrong with having multi HT's - many do and I'll be one of them myself - but it's critical that you choose a good clinic up front so that you aren't wasting grafts on the first go. You want your first HT to stand you in good stead, rather than screw you up! You don't want HT #2 to be a repair job! 

Thanks for the advice. But I’m not seeing it like this. My hairline is a disaster and my thinning is as well. It’s so embarrassing I always wear hats but when I take them off I can see straight through my hairline and scalp. Should I just stop taking meds so I can get a ht

22 minutes ago, Iceee222 said:

Thanks for the advice. But I’m not seeing it like this. My hairline is a disaster and my thinning is as well. It’s so embarrassing I always wear hats but when I take them off I can see straight through my hairline and scalp. Should I just stop taking meds so I can get a ht

No because you will still lose hair after the HT, making it look unnatural and requiring more HT's in the future.

1 minute ago, BaldBobby said:

No because you will still lose hair after the HT, making it look unnatural and requiring more HT's in the future.

So assuming the meds keep me stabilized when can I ever get a ht? Feel like I’m stuck in a tough spot here

1 minute ago, Iceee222 said:

So assuming the meds keep me stabilized when can I ever get a ht? Feel like I’m stuck in a tough spot here

It's up to you, but I would consult with several doctors first to see what they think.  Family history is one way to gauge how much hair you'll lose in the future.

2 minutes ago, BaldBobby said:

It's up to you, but I would consult with several doctors first to see what they think.  Family history is one way to gauge how much hair you'll lose in the future.

Ok thanks appreciate it. Just not sure I can keep living like this w my hair at only age 24. These are supposed to be my mating years ya know 

16 hours ago, BaldBobby said:

Here are other pics of my hair:

https://imgur.com/a/X36dY1R

14 hours ago, Gatsby said:

7 hours ago, Eugenix Hair Sciences said:

Regards,

Eugenix Hair Science 

also yes I’d love to get in touch 

11 hours ago, StillAlive said:

16 hours ago, Gatsby said:

I have been on medication for two years now. I am willing to get a hair transplant anywhere I just heard turkey is a popular place. I have experienced some regrowth at this point I am just maintaining what I have with the medication. I just don’t know how much longer I can go with having hair like this.

Here’s more pics of my hair 

Thanks I appreciate your feedback. I would say saying my hairline is intact is a bit of a stretch and it’s definitely not that good. Been on these medication‘s for years and it has stabilize my hair and I don’t see why it won’t continue to stabilize my hair so I don’t see the point of waiting a few years to get a hair transplant when my hair will be the same.