Hairtransplant

Hello! My feeling is that the general opinion in here, nowadays is that Dr. Koray is not to be recommended.. A few years ago the tone was different and Dr. Koray was extremely praised. I will have an operation there later this fall. I wouldn't say I'm a little worried, but still a little thoughtful. So I wonder if there is anyone here on this forum who still recommends this clinic and who has had an operation in the last two years and who is satisfied with the result? Sincerely

• Like 1

Can you share how you came to the decision of choosing him?

• Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

He changed his modus operandi, and his clinic is considered one of the hairmill.

There are several members that are happy with him, but from how many are bashing him due to being botched, it's considered not a good option looking at the ratio.

Thank you for your answers 😃 I have a friend who had an operation a few years ago with really good results, then I have another acquaintance with the same result there but it was a few years ago... but sad to read that many have have become dissatisfied=( Do you think this is because the clinic has become bigger and they are not as careful anymore? 

Regardless of the reasons, if there are that many who are unhappy, that’s not a good sign…if it were me, I would keep looking especially when there are so many great surgeons to choose from.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Man completely forget about Koray.

Don't listen to freakin Tillman. 

ASMEDMANUALBOTCH is one of the most unethical clinics and most expensive hairmills out there. 

Worst value if we consider the high price relative to low qualtity...

If you research on this forum there are at least 10 guys who got botched by Koray's uneducated teams of nurses or got bad results. 

• Like 4

Thanks again for your replies here, really appreciated. I have read people who were dissatisfied, but I also think that there is no clinic that does not have some/some dissatisfied customers?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, sewoa said:

Thanks again for your replies here, really appreciated. I have read people who were dissatisfied, but I also think that there is no clinic that does not have some/some dissatisfied customers?

Bro okay yes some people got good results from ASMED 

But considering how many got really bad results I think it's way too risky. 

At 2.5€ per graft I would rather go with Ximena Vila Özlem Bicer 

Your donor is limited

7 hours ago, RTC said:

If you are willing to make so many excuses for a clinic in spite of its awful reputation, clearly nothing will dissuade you. Good luck 

It might sound like I just want to defend Dr. Koray. but I still think that the coin has two sides and that there are still opportunities for good results today even if there are also risks for the opposite..

But if I were to be dissatisfied, I would have no problem writing this.

36 minutes ago, THE TRUTH said:

Bro okay yes some people got good results from ASMED 

But considering how many got really bad results I think it's way too risky. 

At 2.5€ per graft I would rather go with Ximena Vila Özlem Bicer 

Your donor is limited

I had contact with a lot of other clinics but in the end I chose to go to the place where I know people I know have had good results. Maybe my reasoning was wrong but that's how I thought.

1 minute ago, sewoa said:

It might sound like I just want to defend Dr. Koray. but I still think that the coin has two sides and that there are still opportunities for good results today even if there are also risks for the opposite..

But if I were to be dissatisfied, I would have no problem writing this.

I had contact with a lot of other clinics but in the end I chose to go to the place where I know people I know have had good results. Maybe my reasoning was wrong but that's how I thought.

It's your personnal decision bro and I respect it. 👍

But the real question you gotta ask yourself is not "what are the chances of getting a good result ? Is it closet to 50% or more like 70% etc... ?

No. 

I believe the real question you should be asking yourself is "what if things go wrong ? What am I gonna do with poor result and wasted donor area ?"....

13 minutes ago, THE TRUTH said:

It's your personnal decision bro and I respect it. 👍

But the real question you gotta ask yourself is not "what are the chances of getting a good result ? Is it closet to 50% or more like 70% etc... ?

No. 

I believe the real question you should be asking yourself is "what if things go wrong ? What am I gonna do with poor result and wasted donor area ?"....

Yes , you write some good points. In the end, it's the result you want. But how many percent chance there is of a good result is rather difficult to say regardless of the clinic you choose? But it's clear if you choose a clinic where almost everyone is satisfied, versus a clinic where half are satisfied, maybe that says a little..

Hairtranplant mentor recommends him and did a video tour of his clinic which is just jaw dropping amazing

So I am surprised too why HTM would recommend him if he is so bad and just a hairmill? 

HLC is also praised a lot yet there was such a bad result here lately. 

I don’t understand how people come to the conclusion if a clinic is good or bad, when some clinics have had bad results but still praised?

3 minutes ago, sewoa said:

Yes , you write some good points. In the end, it's the result you want. But how many percent chance there is of a good result is rather difficult to say regardless of the clinic you choose? But it's clear if you choose a clinic where almost everyone is satisfied, versus a clinic where half are satisfied, maybe that says a little..

yeah man. A hair transplant is a gamble per definition. No matter which clinic you go to. But the more consistent the clinic, the better chances of good outcome. 

ASMED is known for having many bad independant reviews online. I don't know the exact statistics. 

But if we were to speculate then I'd say with ASMED maybe less than 10% of their results are above average and could be described as "great". Probably closer to 5% in my honest opinion. 

A good 50% are just average like everywhere else.

30% are subpar/mediocre. Some growth on the recipient but lacking density  

And probably around 10-20% are botch jobs (donor area damage, poor growth and stuff like that  ....) 

This is just my estimation. 

Well, the thing is when your transplant is successful everything will be ok (and there is a chance for it) but the question is how would you feel if transplant wasn't successful and when many people warned you about this clinic.

In my case, I have chosen other clinic even though I saw negative opinions about it. My transplant wasn't successful and now I feel just stupid because I wanted to see only positive reviews. My clinic offered me free touch up but I don't trust them anymore - they got bad reviews and did bad job with first procedure. When we are talking about a clinic with mixed reputation, would you accept a touch up from them if your first procedure didn't work out? If not, you would have to not only sacrifice another year for second procedure but pay again for it (in another, more reputable clinic). I suggest not to think wishfully, there is too much to lose.

Edited by hairywannabe
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, LookMaxx said:

Hairtranplant mentor recommends him and did a video tour of his clinic which is just jaw dropping amazing

So I am surprised too why HTM would recommend him if he is so bad and just a hairmill? 

HLC is also praised a lot yet there was such a bad result here lately. 

I don’t understand how people come to the conclusion if a clinic is good or bad, when some clinics have had bad results but still praised?

Hair Transplant Mentor used to be a great source of information but he is not anymore ! 

I don't trust him anymore at all. 

Koray Erdogan has bought Tillman....

ASMED is clearly a mill. Absolutely no doubt about that. This is not even debatable. They were removed from this forum years ago because of that. 

Don't trust Tillman's promotionnal youtube videos and ASMED youtube channel. Those results are obviously cherry picked and certainly not representative  of the average result you could expect. 

Do an extensive research on this forum and you will see that they have MANY bad results in the past and even one recently and more importantly terrible ethics... That's the big problem. 

HLC is by no means "praised" on this forum. They do have a few good results here and there but they also got several well-known bad results already and ofc a really bad one published the other day...

The general consensus on this forum was that they were somewhat better than ASMED (at least until recently...) because they do less patients per day and doctors are way more involved during procedures. And while they did have a non negligeable number of crap results, I gotta be fair and stress that they didn't have really bad botches so to speak as the 2 cases we saw recently.  That's it. 

Sadly, it appears that they are becoming the exact same as ASMED  these days...Bad botches and poor ethics. It's really sad and unfortunate but it's all about money in this industry. 

15 minutes ago, hairywannabe said:

Well, the thing is when your transplant is successful everything will be ok (and there is a chance for it) but the question is how would you feel if transplant wasn't successful and when many people warned you about this clinic.

In my case, I have chosen other clinic even though I saw negative opinions about it. My transplant wasn't successful and now I feel just stupid because I wanted to see only positive reviews. My clinic offered me free touch up but I don't trust them anymore - they got bad reviews and did bad job with first procedure. When we are talking about a clinic with mixed reputation, would you accept a touch up from them if your first procedure didn't work out? If not, you would have to not only sacrifice another year for second procedure but pay again for it (in another, more reputable clinic). I suggest not to think wishfully, there is too much to lose.

Yes, I hear the warning bells, it must be said. So if things go wrong, I can't come crying and wondering how this happened... But the clinic must still be aware of the criticism somewhere? You can't live under a rock or... and with that said, maybe they want to come back and get their fine reputation back. Maybe I'm living in a dream world and trying to convince myself that I made the right choice. but really appreciate all the comments.=)

2 minutes ago, sewoa said:

Yes, I hear the warning bells, it must be said. So if things go wrong, I can't come crying and wondering how this happened... But the clinic must still be aware of the criticism somewhere? You can't live under a rock or... and with that said, maybe they want to come back and get their fine reputation back. Maybe I'm living in a dream world and trying to convince myself that I made the right choice. but really appreciate all the comments.=)

Bro are the nurses going to give you a happy ending after or something? why are you so stuck on this one clinic? Lmao

Edited by RTC

1 minute ago, RTC said:

Bro are the nurses going to give you a happy ending after or something? why are you so stuck on this one clinic? Lmao

haha funny=) I have already paid in advance and, as I said, I have assumed a lot from my friends who are satisfied. But I hear the criticism from you guys and probably only have myself to blame if things go wrong

Just now, sewoa said:

haha funny=) I have already paid in advance and, as I said, I have assumed a lot from my friends who are satisfied. But I hear the criticism from you guys and probably only have myself to blame if things go wrong

Was just joking bro. Now I finally understand. Ask for your money back man

well if you're hellbent on going there... good luck man, hopefully your HT will turns out fine. there are definitely cases where his work turns out ok.

while i'm not a fan or hater of asmed, the amount of botch job from there is just too big to ignore for me, which is why i never recommended the place. coupled with big marketing, i'm rather skeptical of them. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RTC said:

Take it from someone who was botched - if they mess things up you will live to regret it for a long long time

yes I second what RTC said here. 

It's not just like  "if it fails I'm just gonna shave it ". 

This doesn't work at all unfortunately. 

A bad hair transplant is something people regret their whole life. It's a big deal. It really is. 

If you shave you'll have 2 problems. 

-Thousands of weird-looking white scars at the back and sides showing you had FUE.  

-And your baldness will still be visible even if you shave with a razor... 

So in case things go wrong you'll have to accept dealing with SMP touch-ups for the rest of your life OR wearing hats OR paying tens of thousands of dollars for repair with a top repair doctor....so think about it. 

• Like 3