Verteporfin HAIR REGENERATION HUMAN TRIAL Dr. Barghouthi *OFFICIAL THREAD

Melvin- Admin

2 minutes ago, Fox243 said:

I’ll ask him at the 6 month mark so in two weeks. 

Thank you. Last update by Dr. Barghouthi increased interest and awareness by a lot. A promising update by Dr. Bloxham will be a huge step in that direction and make as much closer to global acceptance of verteporfin.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nikoni said:

Thank you. Last update by Dr. Barghouthi increased interest and awareness by a lot. A promising update by Dr. Bloxham will be a huge step in that direction and make as much closer to global acceptance of verteporfin.

It could also be not promising and prevent people from trying it out.

• Sad 1

btw everyone i joined a verteporfin telegram for people with scars, they are very interested and they will be testing it on their scars probably with scar revision. They have a doctor that has access to verteporfin that will be administering it i believe , so we should have more cases soon. Also someone on Reddit is ordering verteporfin next week, he will be doing a microneedling test! I'll update you if i get any further information on these.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fox243 said:

Personally, after seeing his 3 month results, I was a bit disappointed, especially compared to Dr. Barghouthi's 3 month results, so I'm not expecting much. Not sure what went wrong, be it that it was an FUT or the procedure in some other way, but I'm more excited for Dr. Barghouthi's upcoming trial.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fox243 said:
4 hours ago, Fox243 said:

Personally, after seeing his 3 month results, I was a bit disappointed, especially compared to Dr. Barghouthi's 3 month results, so I'm not expecting much. Not sure what went wrong, be it that it was an FUT or the procedure in some other way, but I'm more excited for Dr. Barghouthi's upcoming trial.

In his last update, dr. Bloxham described his emotional state regarding the trial as a "rollercoaster" because he received some updates that were less than impressive. He comes across as very passionate about the research and such statements confirm his emotional involvement. 

The most likely scenario I see is that, unfortunately, the results fell flat and are no longer distinguishable from the controls. If so, one can imagine that he is disheartened and / or maybe doesn't want to hurt the verteporfin movement by publising his results right now.  

Of course, even if his results show no improvement with vp, being open about it is the best way forward. Even if vp+ FUT does not seem to work, he is still a hero of the community for trying it out and besides that, it does not negate the work of dr. Barghouthi that seems to show a clear effect of vp. 

I hope I am wrong and we wake up tomorrow with a vid in which dr. Bloxham showcases fantastic results, but I will temper my expectations.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Fox243 said:

Dr. Barghouthi showed zoomed out photo on 4 months, so the two results shouldn't be compared (yet).
Also give the chance that FUT heals slower. But 5 and 6 months results should clearly show if it was success or not.
In both cases we can make conclusions and possibly improve the protocol ...

However so far we have multiple independent sources for the proof.

Mice/Rabbits/Pigs - It definitely works on different types of mammals(why not on humans)
Human skin xenograft - Human skin attached to mouse, trial by same Harvard team. They made sure that cells responding to injury are human cells not mouse, and it was the same mechanism as for pigs and mice
Dr. Barghouthis successful trial
The well known guy who had multiple scars and was the first to try verteporfin with his own protocol, he  made revisions, most of them look much better and some of them are scarless

Edited by Nikoni
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nikoni said:

@Fox243 btw, have both doctors got their trichoscan devices ?
There's a chance Dr. Bloxham is waiting the device for better assessment.

Yes, both doctors have just received their trichoscan devices, and are waiting till mid Jan before they can talk to the company about how to use it.

• Like 1

If verteporfin is a success.  Will this mean norwood 7 can go to norwood 0?  What about ppl who are intolerant to 5ARI's and can't take them?  Would they benefit at all assuming they have the money to get a transplant every year?  Or would their hair fall out b4 full density can be achieved?

7 hours ago, Hairlossingfast said:

If verteporfin is a success.  Will this mean norwood 7 can go to norwood 0?  What about ppl who are intolerant to 5ARI's and can't take them?  Would they benefit at all assuming they have the money to get a transplant every year?  Or would their hair fall out b4 full density can be achieved?

If verteporfin is a complete succes, then yes, you can have all the hair you want. 

It depends however on many variables that are unknown at the moment. It could turn out that verteporfin does nothing or at best yields a couple hundred extra grafts against a hefty price tag or anything else in between a complete success and a complete failure.

The most important thing right now is the start of the next trial of dr. Barghouthi and the first of dr. Mohebi. Hopefully they start pretty quickly, so we can  get a more measures take of what we can expect from vp.

9 minutes ago, Square1 said:

If verteporfin is a complete succes, then yes, you can have all the hair you want. 

It depends however on many variables that are unknown at the moment. It could turn out that verteporfin does nothing or at best yields a couple hundred extra grafts against a hefty price tag or anything else in between a complete success and a complete failure.

The most important thing right now is the start of the next trial of dr. Barghouthi and the first of dr. Mohebi. Hopefully they start pretty quickly, so we can  get a more measures take of what we can expect from vp.

Also optimizing the dose, Bargouthi suggested it is very probable a higher dose would yield better results if I remember 

I wouldn't rule out Dr. Bloxham's trial yet.  He never was punctual with dates :)  for example 2 months update was available only after 4 months. Hope the update will be worth waiting. Dr. Barghouthi and Mohebi trials results are still months away, but we will be on 6th month of Bloxhams trial in two weeks. If it shows hair growth/scar reduction, then vert is confirmed.

3 months results also looked promising IMO. We saw hair and better looking skin. Even in Pig trial skin started showing improvement after 12 weeks.

• Like 1

On 12/29/2023 at 4:03 PM, Nikoni said:

I wouldn't rule out Dr. Bloxham's trial yet.  He never was punctual with dates :)  for example 2 months update was available only after 4 months. Hope the update will be worth waiting. Dr. Barghouthi and Mohebi trials results are still months away, but we will be on 6th month of Bloxhams trial in two weeks. If it shows hair growth/scar reduction, then vert is confirmed.

3 months results also looked promising IMO. We saw hair and better looking skin. Even in Pig trial skin started showing improvement after 12 weeks.

Even if Bloxhams trial doesn't regrow hair but reduces scaring you can transplant hair into a scar. 

It's way better if it works for fue and not fut rather than the other way around. 

Edited by TV_on_LazerDisk

48 minutes ago, TV_on_LazerDisk said:

Even if Bloxhams trial doesn't regrow hair but reduces scaring you can transplant hair into a scar. 

It's way better if it works for fue and not fut rather than the other way around. 

FUT leaves a pencil thin scar. Even if Verteporfin does work on FUT, it does not leave room for much regeneration. The surface area that is removed is replaced by far smaller one. This is why patients typically can only have 2-3 FUT surgeries due to limited scalp laxity 

Even Dr Bloxham advised at the beginning of the test that it was more to find out the results that verteporfin has on FUT scars rather than follicle regeneration. 

On a tangent, did I read somewhere that doses over 0.4 result worse results? I could be imagining this. 

it's really perplexing that we saw hairs growing directly out of a FUT scar in Dr Bloxham's pictures...what on earth could those be if not verteporfin induced hair regrowth. We know that with traditional FUT zero hairs are supposed to grow out of the scar..but we see hairs growing directly smack dab in the middle of the FUT scar region where verteporfin was injected, two or three hairs in single spot in some cases, sure it didn't show dozens or hundreds of hairs like Dr Bargouthi's patient..but it's still something. 

Screenshot_20231230-161501__01__01.jpg

Screenshot_20231230-161842__01__01.jpg

Edited by takuma

On 12/28/2023 at 4:22 PM, Fox243 said:

Why? Dr. Bloxhams last video showed that the verteporforin wounds were healing similar to Barghouthis trials. Meaning the verte injected wounds were pinker and flatter. I remember Dr. B's updates and around month three we had pinker skin and a few mystery hairs that seemed to be growing but we were unsure of them. I expect Dr. Bloxhams 6, 8 and 12 month results to go along the same path as Dr. Barghouthis. 

Personally i think Dr. Bloxham might achieve better results than Barghouthis first trial but I think FUT is inferior to FUE in the sense that if Verteporforin achieves 50% regeneration that would still be only like 20% for FUT and no noticeable scar because the skin was completely removed from the root whereas FUE the skin remains as it is and the holes will regenerate. 

Personally I don't get why Dr. Barghouthi is taking so long for his full FUE. If he needs a patient there's probably 100 people on this forum alone that would fly to Jordan for the procedure and update us willingly with pics weekly

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jay Dunman said:

Why? Dr. Bloxhams last video showed that the verteporforin wounds were healing similar to Barghouthis trials. Meaning the verte injected wounds were pinker and flatter. I remember Dr. B's updates and around month three we had pinker skin and a few mystery hairs that seemed to be growing but we were unsure of them. I expect Dr. Bloxhams 6, 8 and 12 month results to go along the same path as Dr. Barghouthis. 

Personally i think Dr. Bloxham might achieve better results than Barghouthis first trial but I think FUT is inferior to FUE in the sense that if Verteporforin achieves 50% regeneration that would still be only like 20% for FUT and no noticeable scar because the skin was completely removed from the root whereas FUE the skin remains as it is and the holes will regenerate. 

Personally I don't get why Dr. Barghouthi is taking so long for his full FUE. If he needs a patient there's probably 100 people on this forum alone that would fly to Jordan for the procedure and update us willingly with pics weekly

It seems Dr. Barghouthi's waiting for the hair scanning device to be set up, so the trial has more unbiased approach - Hair count, better quality pictures etc.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, takuma said:

it's really perplexing that we saw hairs growing directly out of a FUT scar in Dr Bloxham's pictures...what on earth could those be if not verteporfin induced hair regrowth. We know that with traditional FUT zero hairs are supposed to grow out of the scar..but we see hairs growing directly smack dab in the middle of the FUT scar region where verteporfin was injected, two or three hairs in single spot in some cases, sure it didn't show dozens or hundreds of hairs like Dr Bargouthi's patient..but it's still something. 

The answer is probably Trichophytic Closure of the FUT strip. You can read more here: https://hassonandwong.com/trichophytic-closure/

The way the FUT strip is closed leads to hair growing through the scar in many cases. Bloxham, specializing in FUT, closes his strips this way I presume.

2500 FUE by Dr. Victor Hasson, June 2023

45 minutes ago, Chrisno said:

The answer is probably Trichophytic Closure of the FUT strip. You can read more here: https://hassonandwong.com/trichophytic-closure/

The way the FUT strip is closed leads to hair growing through the scar in many cases. Bloxham, specializing in FUT, closes his strips this way I presume.

He mentioned in his video that he didn't use Trichophytic Closure for the trial.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jay Dunman said:

I think the problem is that the end result of Dr Barghouthi's test blew all expectation and now the bar has been raised. 

People seem to forget that said test's results did not appear overnight but over many months. 

FUT removes far larger area than FUE so the body needs to remember substantially more in regards to healing than just a small FUE incision.  

The results are promising; I doubt they will be as good as Dr Barghouthi's simply down to it being FUT

I personally am excited to see what larger doses of Verteporfin can do in FUE and if verteporfin can produce cumulative results in already transplanted hair. 

Edited by Dragonsphere
  • Like 1