Verteporfin HAIR REGENERATION HUMAN TRIAL Dr. Barghouthi *OFFICIAL THREAD

Melvin- Admin

6 hours ago, Gatchpt said:

How about hairdao start a vert production line…. You make money out of that of vert works , that’s for sure. 

I messaged the UK's health ministry yesterday asking why there is a shortage of Verteporfin, and given the emerging demand for scarless wound healing, for Britain to start producing its own supply. 

• Like 3

I have a scar on my hand and some emergency c-section scars (born with) on the back of my head. Would vorteporfin be able to regenerate hair on these scars? I’m fine testing on these areas. I just planned on having them removed/revised at some point.

IMG_1656.jpeg

IMG_7053.jpeg

Edited by Superfueled
  • Like 1

I just paid $12 to read the study you linked that just dropped, "Verteporfin-Loaded Bioadhesive Nanoparticles for the Prevention of Hypertrophic Scar", and it looks like there may be a good reason to add slow release 10,000th of a milimetre nanoparticles to the Verteporfin mix, as it keeps the Verteporfin where we want it for longer, at the site of the wound, blocking the YAP pathway - I just found another study, entitled Yap and Taz Regulate Skin Wounding" where it says on the opening page "... Interestingly, YAP is expressed on the nucleua of the dermis at 2 and 7 days after wounding... " https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0022202X15366033

Using bioadhesive nanoparticles with Verteporfin reduces risk of liver toxicity as well as extending the presence of Verteporfin locally, at the site of the wound. 

• Like 2

So, what should be our realistic expectations of verteporfin? Does this medicine show promising signs that it could give us more donor hair to the point a NW7 could have a full head of hair or is it just likely to heal up the scaring nicer?

People who have been in the hair loss game longer than me, how excited should one be for this compared to all the other “break throughs” or what not that could “cure” hairloss?

When are the next key dates and what sort of information on those dates are we waiting on?

Its seems to early to make a conclusion. We only have one FUE case to go on but the results looks promising. 
I could be wrong but I feel a lot of people on this forum, other forums and reddit are not understanding how Verteporfin could be used. 

Theoretically, if Verteporfin has regeneration rate of 30% and those results do not diminish upon multiple extractions then we could consider it to be a 'cure'

Lets say we have someone who has had several hair transplants in the past and has 2000 grafts left available. You remove them 600 regenerate then with another round, you around 200 left. 

This seems to be the general consensus on how we could you it.  

Why not just keep extracting them and replanting them into the donor area?

Each round you would regenerate more and more until you have fully filled in your donor area. 

You then transplant a sizeable amount to the bald areas and repeat the entire process. 

This means the only limiting factor would be your bank balance. 

For this to work we require two things 

1. That verteporfin does actually regenerate a significant amount of hair - I would say 30% plus. 

2. Verteporfin results do not diminish on previously transplanted hair. 

12 hours ago, Shesayshesay said:

So, what should be our realistic expectations of verteporfin? Does this medicine show promising signs that it could give us more donor hair to the point a NW7 could have a full head of hair or is it just likely to heal up the scaring nicer?

People who have been in the hair loss game longer than me, how excited should one be for this compared to all the other “break throughs” or what not that could “cure” hairloss?

When are the next key dates and what sort of information on those dates are we waiting on?

Its seems to early to make a conclusion. We only have one FUE case to go on but the results looks promising. 
I could be wrong but I feel a lot of people on this forum, other forums and reddit are not understanding how Verteporfin could be used. 

Theoretically, if Verteporfin has regeneration rate of 30% and those results do not diminish upon multiple extractions then we could consider it to be a 'cure'

Lets say we have someone who has had several hair transplants in the past and has 2000 grafts left available. You remove them 600 regenerate then with another round, you around 200 left. 

Each round you would regenerate more and more until you have fully filled in your donor area. 

You then transplant a sizeable amount to the bald areas and repeat the entire process. 

1. That verteporfin does actually regenerate a significant amount of hair - I would say 30% plus. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dragonsphere said:

Its seems to early to make a conclusion. We only have one FUE case to go on but the results looks promising. 

This is, apart from wounding + verteporfin reviving lost follicles, the best case scenario.

Lets say that at a given moment, there are 0 grafts in the recipient area (ra) and 5000 in the donor area (da).

Let's say you transfer 3000 from da to ra and 30% regenerates, that will mean 2900 grafts in the da and 3000 in the ra.

Then move 2000 back from ra to da, so the balance becomes 4900 in da and 1600 in ra.

Then move 3000 from ra to da, which means 2800 in da and 4600 in ra. 

Etc.etc.

It would take a lot of procedures and therefore money, and given that healing per session will take at last around a year, also quite a bit of time. But theoretically you could continue until you become the human version of the Yeti. 

How realistic are both assumptions?

1. We need more evidence than just the case of dr. Barghouthi. The photo's might be misleading, errors might have been made, maybe this person is 1 in 100 who hyperresponds etc. But purely judging on the photo's, I think that 30% regrowth is achieved here, so there might be a good chance that this criterium is achieved. The fact that the doc is not rushing to start the next trial can be inconvenient for some, but it does inspire confidence in his motives: if he would be looking for a quick buck in some way, he would probably do everything a lot quicker.

2. I don't even have remote knowledge on this topic to even speculate on this. Trials are the only way to figure this out. Are their others who have an educated guess?

Hi guys,

I'm new here. I'm actually new to forums as a whole, so forgive me if I commit any sins. I ended up here as I went deeper into my scarless healing online research (not hair related) and stumbled upon Verteporfin and the studies available so far. I would have two main questions I wish someone could help me with:

1 - If any of these clinical trials conducted by these independent doctors/clinics, regarding hair harvesting, have positive, or maybe even conclusive outcomes, would the procedure/protocol have to be FDA approved, or their approval is only necessary regarding the medication (which is already approved)? If so, any estimates on how long it would take?

2 - Regarding the "devices" (which is more of my interest in the whole subject), or means to administrate the Verteporfin (such as the nanoparticle gel, microneedling, hydrogel, etc..) on wounds, for the so expected scarless healing, would those also need approval before reaching market? Any expectancy regarding time span  for that?

Thanks so much beforehand! 

And here is another 2023 study I just found (this one free to read):  

Hyaluronic acid-modified and verteporfin-loaded polylactic acid nanogels promote scarless wound healing by accelerating wound re-epithelialization and controlling scar formation

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC10369727/

• Like 1

On 12/16/2023 at 7:40 PM, LL_boring_J said:
On 12/16/2023 at 6:33 PM, Square1 said:

This is, apart from wounding + verteporfin reviving lost follicles, the best case scenario.

Lets say that at a given moment, there are 0 grafts in the recipient area (ra) and 5000 in the donor area (da).

Let's say you transfer 3000 from da to ra and 30% regenerates, that will mean 2900 grafts in the da and 3000 in the ra.

Then move 2000 back from ra to da, so the balance becomes 4900 in da and 1600 in ra.

Then move 3000 from ra to da, which means 2800 in da and 4600 in ra. 

Etc.etc.

It would take a lot of procedures and therefore money, and given that healing per session will take at last around a year, also quite a bit of time. But theoretically you could continue until you become the human version of the Yeti. 

How realistic are both assumptions?

1. We need more evidence than just the case of dr. Barghouthi. The photo's might be misleading, errors might have been made, maybe this person is 1 in 100 who hyperresponds etc. But purely judging on the photo's, I think that 30% regrowth is achieved here, so there might be a good chance that this criterium is achieved. The fact that the doc is not rushing to start the next trial can be inconvenient for some, but it does inspire confidence in his motives: if he would be looking for a quick buck in some way, he would probably do everything a lot quicker.

2. I don't even have remote knowledge on this topic to even speculate on this. Trials are the only way to figure this out. Are their others who have an educated guess?

The best case scenario would a 100% regeneration of the follicles. 😁

I agree that there appears to be regeneration in Dr Barghouthis trial. Visually it looks well over 50% of the follicles were regenerated. 

In regards to point two, I guess it depends on what the body remembers. As the follicle has been transplanted it may heal back to the state prior to the transplanted hair being there. However, as the follicle is there and as the body has not rejected it, it should, theoretically, regenerate with the follicle. 

The most frustrating thing in all of this is we are probably several years away from knowing its true potential. Dr Barghouthi's next trial will be completed in 1.5 year minimum and it still wouldn't answer this question. 

The thing is, I would be more than happy to be the human guinea pig and fund the procedure and medication myself. Is verteporfin that difficult to acquire?

See the below website for example. 

www.scientificlabs.co.uk

This is one of many websites that came up when searching online regarding purchasing it, granted it is in powder form.  

1 hour ago, Dragonsphere said:

The best case scenario would a 100% regeneration of the follicles. 😁

I agree that there appears to be regeneration in Dr Barghouthis trial. Visually it looks well over 50% of the follicles were regenerated. 

In regards to point two, I guess it depends on what the body remembers. As the follicle has been transplanted it may heal back to the state prior to the transplanted hair being there. However, as the follicle is there and as the body has not rejected it, it should, theoretically, regenerate with the follicle. 

The most frustrating thing in all of this is we are probably several years away from knowing its true potential. Dr Barghouthi's next trial will be completed in 1.5 year minimum and it still wouldn't answer this question. 

The thing is, I would be more than happy to be the human guinea pig and fund the procedure and medication myself. Is verteporfin that difficult to acquire?

See the below website for example. 

www.scientificlabs.co.uk

This is one of many websites that came up when searching online regarding purchasing it, granted it is in powder form.  

I think there a 2 scenario's of which only one has to be achieved that could lead verteporfin to be an essential cure for baldness. The first one is the regrowth rate. Let's say we find out that, generally, 30% of hair is regenerated. Why isn't it 100%? Do the 70% of grafts (or the skin under them) that do not regenerate have different qualities or attributes that make it verteporfin-resistant or does the treatment only provide the necessary conditions for 30% of the grafts to regenerate? If it is the latter, we can improve upon it. 

The other scenario is that you can use verteporfin on transplanted hairs as well and achieve the same regrowth. Even if it is just 30%, you can do it over and over again and at some point, you have all your hairs. So yeah, if you have already undergone transplants in an area where only transplanted hairs are present, it would be extremely valuable to transplant those hairs and scientifically measure regrowth. If we get the result we want, you will have written history :)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Square1 said:

I think there a 2 scenario's of which only one has to be achieved that could lead verteporfin to be an essential cure for baldness. The first one is the regrowth rate. Let's say we find out that, generally, 30% of hair is regenerated. Why isn't it 100%? Do the 70% of grafts (or the skin under them) that do not regenerate have different qualities or attributes that make it verteporfin-resistant or does the treatment only provide the necessary conditions for 30% of the grafts to regenerate? If it is the latter, we can improve upon it. 

The other scenario is that you can use verteporfin on transplanted hairs as well and achieve the same regrowth. Even if it is just 30%, you can do it over and over again and at some point, you have all your hairs. So yeah, if you have already undergone transplants in an area where only transplanted hairs are present, it would be extremely valuable to transplant those hairs and scientifically measure regrowth. If we get the result we want, you will have written history :)

Or if microwounding, can cause limited regeneration you could have microwounding followed by a hair transplant, then follow up transplants and microwounding for maintenance 

• Like 1

On 12/17/2023 at 3:38 AM, Hair Tomorrow said:

And here is another 2023 study I just found (this one free to read):  

Hyaluronic acid-modified and verteporfin-loaded polylactic acid nanogels promote scarless wound healing by accelerating wound re-epithelialization and controlling scar formation

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC10369727/

Could we contact the authors and maybe have a compounding lab or pharmacy make this

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, TV_on_LazerDisk said:

Could we contact the authors and maybe have a compounding lab or pharmacy make this

I would be happy to fund the costs. 

Having several of these trials in tandem would definitely get the ball rolling. 

I was thinking of doing a small 50 beard graft FUE

If it was successful and the follicles regenerated,  we could look at transplanting the regenerated follicles and their subsequent success rate. 

Hopefully @Melvin- Admincould give some insight about acquiring Verteporfin. 😅

Edited by Dragonsphere

Has Dr Bloxham put out any update in the discord? I think we're mid month 5 now in his trial. He said he wanted to do a microneedling test with verteporfin also, so looking forward to how that goes.

Edited by takuma
  • Like 3

And here is another 2023 study I just paid $15 to read, for another kind of nanoparticle suspension slowly releasing Verteporfin at the site of the wound for over at least 7 days, improving Verteporfin's effect at regrowing skin and hair (although not by much over Verteporfin alone - the previous different nanoparticle studies I linked earlier in this thread had more impressive results).

I am wondering if research teams focusing on slow release nanoparticles are going to be biassed, insisting Verteporfin alone isn't sufficient, or is more toxic, when it really might be fine as is - perhaps these research teams are globing on to Verteporfin's success, attempting to keep their nanoparticles relevant and part of the mix.  

Screenshot 2023-12-18 at 20.20.52.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hair Tomorrow said:

And here is another 2023 study I just paid $15 to read, for another kind of nanoparticle suspension slowly releasing Verteporfin at the site of the wound for over at least 7 days, improving Verteporfin's effect at regrowing skin and hair (although not by much over Verteporfin alone - the previous different nanoparticle studies I linked earlier in this thread had more impressive results).

I am wondering if research teams focusing on slow release nanoparticles are going to be biassed, insisting Verteporfin alone isn't sufficient, or is more toxic, when it really might be fine as is - perhaps these research teams are globing on to Verteporfin's success, attempting to keep their nanoparticles relevant and part of the mix.  

Screenshot 2023-12-18 at 20.20.52.png

Bro you don’t need to pay money to read these articles. All students get these articles for free. Better for you to donate this money to trials.

• Like 1

@Fox243 you the only one among us with some contact with Dr. Bloxham.

I know you don't want to bug him, but we are past 5 months now and it should be evident which direction the trial took.

Please ask for some initial assessment and the Doctor's opinion without photos or anything.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Nikoni said:

@Fox243 you the only one among us with some contact with Dr. Bloxham.

I know you don't want to bug him, but we are past 5 months now and it should be evident which direction the trial took.

Please ask for some initial assessment and the Doctor's opinion without photos or anything.

Because it’s his trial, I would rather wait till he feels comfortable sharing whatever he wants publicly. 

I have been getting lots of DMs about vert and it’s been a bit overwhelming so I am going to be off the site for a few weeks. I will return after the holidays.

Edited by Fox243
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Fox243 said:

Because it’s his trial, I would rather wait till he feels comfortable sharing whatever he wants publicly. 

I have been getting lots of DMs about vert and it’s been a bit overwhelming so I am going to be off the site for a few weeks.

Maybe he has some days off near the holidays and plans to release his info then. He did create some expectations by stating that he would release new updates directly from month 4 on, but hey, maybe some unforeseen stuff happened that takes his attention right now.

You fully deserve some rest to recharge from this. I can understand it drains your reserves!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Square1 said:

Maybe he has some days off near the holidays and plans to release his info then. He did create some expectations by stating that he would release new updates directly from month 4 on, but hey, maybe some unforeseen stuff happened that takes his attention right now.

You fully deserve some rest to recharge from this. I can understand it drains your reserves!

He uploaded a new video on his YouTube channel 15 hours ago, so i think he might update us soon... the video he uploaded is not verteporfin related, but at least he's active right now. Posting the video link below.

https://youtu.be/P-ite6cBaRU?si=hIE9WD6XjKvZWVVC

Edited by takuma