Is this normal???I'm afraid it could be an infection

You really should still see a dermatologist or primary doctor to ensure everything is ok. A hair transplant is such a large investment you really need to be diligent about it. 

You can't trust the operating surgeon at face value because of course he is not going to say he gave you a scalp infection. 

• Like 2

On 8/3/2022 at 7:25 AM, Ernesto said:

Guys any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

I think we're all in agreement that seeing a doctor to get an official evaluation would be a great idea. Even though it looks like it's clearing up, there was something considerably off about the procedure, and I'd at least want to have a dermatologist or my PCP look at it in person. I really don't understand why your HT surgeon said it was normal. 

As far as the HT goes, all you can do now is wait and hope for the best. Should you need another procedure in the future, use this forum as a proper resource to help make sure you're choosing a top level surgeon who won't leave your scalp in the condition it was in - and then have the nerve to tell you it was nothing to worry about. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

It’s hard to say how deep the infection impeded or if it will affect the regrowth.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• 8 months later...

Hi @Ernesto - did you happen to have some follow up photos on how the hair has grown post infection? I have recently had a minor infection as well and curious to see how the transplant has held up. Appreciate anything you can share! Im sure you know the anxiety Im dealing with at the moment!