Has anyone tried Topical Finasteride and oral Minoxidil? What has been your experiences?

UKLad81

I’ve been on finasteride for a couple of years and noticed sides right from the beginning. I carried on taking it daily and definitely did feel a loss of libido, water semen and aching balls. I stopped and went to a MWF dosage and i noted that the aching balls stopped but the rest was still very much present. Having consulted with my doctor i was advised to come off for a week or so and then go back and try twice a week. This worked fine for a period of time until the two symptoms returned. It started to worry me as i was in mid 30s and experiencing watery semen and libido issues. I’ve since for the last year dropped finasteride as not only was i getting the sexual sides but i was mentally not in a good place (might not be related to the drug itself) but just felt incredibly low - i imagine covid didn’t help either. Since then I’ve not touched it and now i’m slowly noticing the thinning in my transplanted hairs creep up. I’ve heard and most recently Melvin talking to Bisanga about oral Minixodil and wanted to get people who have tried it and their experiences? What about topical finasteride has anyone had experiences they could share?

On 7/20/2022 at 10:53 PM, UKLad81 said:

I’ve been on finasteride for a couple of years and noticed sides right from the beginning. I carried on taking it daily and definitely did feel a loss of libido, water semen and aching balls. I stopped and went to a MWF dosage and i noted that the aching balls stopped but the rest was still very much present. Having consulted with my doctor i was advised to come off for a week or so and then go back and try twice a week. This worked fine for a period of time until the two symptoms returned. It started to worry me as i was in mid 30s and experiencing watery semen and libido issues. I’ve since for the last year dropped finasteride as not only was i getting the sexual sides but i was mentally not in a good place (might not be related to the drug itself) but just felt incredibly low - i imagine covid didn’t help either. Since then I’ve not touched it and now i’m slowly noticing the thinning in my transplanted hairs creep up. I’ve heard and most recently Melvin talking to Bisanga about oral Minixodil and wanted to get people who have tried it and their experiences? What about topical finasteride has anyone had experiences they could share?

Hi friends!

I currently use topical, oral dutasteride, and oral minoxidil and have had no side effects.  The first few days of Minoxidil I did have somewhat low blood pressure, but after a few days everything returned to normal.  Watery semen is normal for this type of treatment.

A hug!

On 7/20/2022 at 3:53 PM, UKLad81 said:

Since then I’ve not touched it and now i’m slowly noticing the thinning in my transplanted hairs creep up. 

Just to be clear, you're saying the hairs that were transplanted from your donor are now thinning? 

2 hours ago, PelazoVenAMi said:

Hi friends!

I currently use topical, oral dutasteride, and oral minoxidil and have had no side effects.  The first few days of Minoxidil I did have somewhat low blood pressure, but after a few days everything returned to normal.  Watery semen is normal for this type of treatment.

A hug!

Why do you use both oral and topical dutasteride?

30 minutes ago, Tiger2050 said:

Why do you use both oral and topical dutasteride?

The doctor told me that both lotions contain Biotin, panthenol and other natural growth factors that are exclusive to Dr Mwamba and a proven formula that generates a synergistic effect on alopecia superior to using Dutasteride alone.

Best,

3 hours ago, PelazoVenAMi said:

The doctor told me that both lotions contain Biotin, panthenol and other natural growth factors that are exclusive to Dr Mwamba and a proven formula that generates a synergistic effect on alopecia superior to using Dutasteride alone.

Best,

Hmmm…interesting I have heard a couple doctors now say that topical dutasteride/finasteride seem to work better for the hairline than oral. I am using oral dutasteride right now and thinking of stacking topical for the hair line.

12 hours ago, Tiger2050 said:

Hmmm…interesting I have heard a couple doctors now say that topical dutasteride/finasteride seem to work better for the hairline than oral. I am using oral dutasteride right now and thinking of stacking topical for the hair line.

I hope you have good results, I started with a very large alopecia (you can see it in my profile) and I have improved.

A hug!