Normal for transplanted hairs to grow back different colors?

This question is probably premature and if it is I apologize.

I am not quite 2 1/2 months pre-op. Fortunately I seem to be an early grower. I've got bunches of hairs coming in up to a 1/4 inch in length.

But curiously, the hairs that are coming in on left side all look uniformly dark (actually mid-brown color) where all the hairs coming in on my right side look blond and thinner. In fact, to the eye the hairs on the right side are very hard to see because of their thinness and light coloration.

I assume this is just coincidental and that the hairs on my right side will become thicker and darker as they progress?

It just struck me as almost too uniform to be random.

At 2 1/2 months it is still to early to tell if the new hairs are shocked original hairs or the transplanted hairs. I agree it is a positive sign that you are already getting some early growth. Wait at least a few months before you start comparing the right and left sides. Hair loss is often assymetrical and hair regrowth can also follow this pattern.

Originally posted by Dr. Glenn M. Charles:

At 2 1/2 months it is still to early to tell if the new hairs are shocked original hairs or the transplanted hairs. I agree it is a positive sign that you are already getting some early growth. Wait at least a few months before you start comparing the right and left sides. Hair loss is often assymetrical and hair regrowth can also follow this pattern.

Well, the assymetrical aspect is good to know.

As for shockloss vs. transplanted hairs, these are on left and right temple recessions that were hairless at time of transplant.

However, I seem to have gotten some growth from the minox solution my doc started me on post-op. This has followed the recession, with hairs growing back within 2-3 weeks in the areas where recession was most new.

Anyway, I figured it was too early to ask the question, but I appreciate the response.