Dr. Patrick Mwamba FUE repair - about 600 grafts - 17th of July 2022

Jay00

17 minutes ago, RTC said:

you can defo fill in the gaps later, isn't that the plan anyway?

Use the gel, I'm sure it will look good. and if you implant hairs on it than in itself will camouflage any skin issues

I wasn’t planning doing any work later, but if I end up not liking it then I will have to. how long do people usually wait before implanting hair. 

yea I’m using the Gel. You think the scars will completely disappear?

It’s too early to tell anyways. It will probably look completely different in 6 months. 
so far, I’ve only used about 2k grafts. I believe I still got more donor hair to use. Maybe another 1k grafts or less will fill it in. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, RTC said:

I think if you're removing grafts, you should definitely get some new ones put in to refine the area. I personally am not doing that as I didn't have that many removed, but maybe down the road I will

Only God knows bro, be diligent with the silicone gel, stay hydrated and just live healthy.

How many grafts have you used so far? All surgeries combined

7 minutes ago, RTC said:

according to asli whorejan, 5k, then plus 1.3k from mwamba

so my donor is tapped out lol

Wow and your donor area looks fine, you can grow it out of you want to?
 I guess I’m fine then lol only used 2k all combined so far. Willing to sacrifice another 1k 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jay00 said:

Wow and your donor area looks fine, you can grow it out of you want to?
 I guess I’m fine then lol only used 2k all combined so far. Willing to sacrifice another 1k 

you are in a great position bro, plenty of grafts for later

if i grow my donor its almost undetectable, but I like having my hair shorter

if the beard grafts grow in my donor will look very decent

• Like 1

dr Mwamba told me it takes roughly 1 month for the skin to heal after graft removal, so it will most likely improve. 

But I dont see much scarring? Only some discoloration which could be from the initial transplant..

Its been only a week, so the gel will hopefully help, try to not think about it for a while. 

Btw I know some members here used a V beam laser to address discoloration, dont know much about it, but you might want to look into it

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RTC said:

you are in a great position bro, plenty of grafts for later

if i grow my donor its almost undetectable, but I like having my hair shorter

if the beard grafts grow in my donor will look very decent

I see. So u also repaired the donor area. Lol I was afraid of being overharvested that’s why I didn’t fill in the gap. But I will certainly go back and add more

3 minutes ago, SimpleLife said:

dr Mwamba told me it takes roughly 1 month for the skin to heal after graft removal, so it will most likely improve. 

But I dont see much scarring? Only some discoloration which could be from the initial transplant..

Its been only a week, so the gel will hopefully help, try to not think about it for a while. 

Btw I know some members here used a V beam laser to address discoloration, dont know much about it, but you might want to look into it

Yea bro I’m trying hard not to think about it lol I thought removing the implant would have given me peace of mind. It’s definitely too early, but Now I’m just thinking I should have just added more density instead of removing since I have a lot of donor grafts. 
the repair is already looking good. I’m thinking about the next move to make here. You think I’m fine the way it is, or I can some work 

1 minute ago, Jay00 said:

Yea bro I’m trying hard not to think about it lol I thought removing the implant would have given me peace of mind. It’s definitely too early, but Now I’m just thinking I should have just added more density instead of removing since I have a lot of donor grafts. 
the repair is already looking good. I’m thinking about the next move to make here. You think I’m fine the way it is, or I can some work 

More density later on is still possible if the healing doesnt turn out the way you want it. Its not like you made a major mistake

You have options bro, you're good. It's only a small area and the donor is not overharvested at all

What I would do is wait 4-6 weeks and focus on anything that is not hair related. After that re-asses and make a plan. Going through a repair surgery can be an emotional rollercoaster, so I dont think its wise to explore options at this stage..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, SimpleLife said:

More density later on is still possible if the healing doesnt turn out the way you want it. Its not like you made a major mistake

You have options bro, you're good. It's only a small area and the donor is not overharvested at all

What I would do is wait 4-6 weeks and focus on anything that is not hair related. After that re-asses and make a plan. Going through a repair surgery can be an emotional rollercoaster, so I dont think its wise to explore options at this stage..

Thank you bro. I needed those words. Lol I’m in the house going to the mirror every second. But I understand it’s a process, if I ever decide to do something it would be some minor work. The hardest part is already taken care of, the rest should be easy. I’ll definitely wait and see. 

• Like 1

Lol I know you guys already told me to stop thinking about hair but I can’t help it. Overall Dr Mwamba has done a good job, I will need to cover those areas next. This will take about 1k graft for full density? 

75442FB2-E336-4B26-AB3B-3FF13B0CB573.png

On 7/26/2022 at 9:05 AM, Jay00 said:

Lol I’m in the house going to the mirror every second. But I understand it’s a process, if I ever decide to do something it would be some minor work. The hardest part is already taken care of, the rest should be easy. I’ll definitely wait and see. 

I'm the same way. I got repaired by Mwamba in early June, also at the NJ location. 

I think my HT will be 90% killer result, but am a bit sad bc there seem to be 20 or so badly angled grafts Mwamba for whatever reason could not extract during surgery. 

For all I know this will be a complete non-issue and all the other transplant hairs will camoflage this. 

Or, it will be super annoying, but hoping I can just kill them with electrolysis. 

But yea one of the sh*ttiest things about hair transplants is the timeline - its such a long process. 

I can only speak for my own situation - I personally need to wait 6 months or so until I can tangibly and pragmatically take next steps. I need to see the HT outcome and how it looks with these bad angles before I can take next steps. 

Trust me, I wish I could go to a electrolysis place today and zap the bad grafts off. 

But that would really be unwise of me and in haste. Sucks but I need to see the HT result overall and holistically. 

More than anything, you need to make sure the latest hair transplant actually grows in as intended. You don't want to rush off to do another HT when you aren't even certain the current HT will be successful in its intentions. 

I personally have 100% faith and zero doubt that my latest HT will all grow in as intended, but its really one of those things you have to be 200% sure of the outcome before you get operated with another surgery. 

Edited by HappyMan2021

7 minutes ago, HappyMan2021 said:

I'm the same way. I got repaired by Mwamba in early June, also at the NJ location. 

I think my HT will be 90% killer result, but am a bit sad bc there seem to be 20 or so badly angled grafts Mwamba for whatever reason could not extract during surgery. 

For all I know this will be a complete non-issue and all the other transplant hairs will camoflage this. 

Or, it will be super annoying, but hoping I can just kill them with electrolysis. 

But yea one of the sh*ttiest things about hair transplants is the timeline - its such a long process. 

I can only speak for my own situation - I personally need to wait 6 months or so until I can tangibly and pragmatically take next steps. I need too see the HT outcome and how it looks with these bad angles before I can take next steps. 

Trust me, I wish I could go to a electrolysis place today and zap the bad grafts off. 

But that would really be unwise of me and in haste. Sucks but I need to see the HT result overall and holistically. 

Yours seem to be an easy fix. You won’t have to extra no more grafts. Quick question thought, how many grafts were used for your HT (all HTs combined). 

Edited by Jay00

On 7/21/2022 at 6:29 PM, Jay00 said:

I’m still waiting for the photos taken by Dr Mwamba pre HT and after HT. In the meantime, we removed the stitches yesterday and took some pictures. 
first 2 pictures - with stitches

last 2 pictures - after removal. 
HT date: Sunday July 17th

A76A37B8-6B3A-471D-804E-AB1E3A9540CC.jpeg

CCFD15E1-0851-48D1-B43D-EC6A1DFF5DD2.jpeg

758AB6C3-CD40-4F79-92FD-AC0000AAB664.jpeg

3D1AE111-54CC-4B6D-964C-250602C141A2.jpeg

So if i understand well, he did 2 micro strips in 2 parts of your hairline to remove the grafts ? Why didn't he just punch out the grafts, instead of removing the skin with the grafts and putting stitches ? What if the skin under the stiches leaves scar ? I think its a bit risky, this method you did. It would be better to use a manual punch to punch out the grafts or add more grafts there..

3 hours ago, Jay00 said:

What is that ?

It's something that can reduce scarring while the wound is fresh. Also it's hard to tell with your picture, but it seems that the scarring has all healed now? Or if not, would love a strongly lighted picture 

1 hour ago, Gramatik said:

So if i understand well, he did 2 micro strips in 2 parts of your hairline to remove the grafts ? Why didn't he just punch out the grafts, instead of removing the skin with the grafts and putting stitches ? What if the skin under the stiches leaves scar ? I think its a bit risky, this method you did. It would be better to use a manual punch to punch out the grafts or add more grafts there..

I think the punch out were used? Not microstrips?