Oral Dutasteride + Oral Minoxidil regimen and timing questions

samiam

I just started .5mg Oral Dutasteride + 2.5 mg Oral Minoxidil. I've never taken any other drugs for anything.  All else being equal, can I take both of these drugs at the same time each day? Or is it best to space them out e.g., .5 Dut in the am and 2.5mg Minoxidil at night, or should I split one or both of them to take 2x/day, or other regimen? I did take the first day simultaneous in the am and felt a bit woozy with a slight headache and slept most of the day

45 minutes ago, samiam said:

I've never taken any other drugs for anything.

I find this really hard to believe. You've never taken a prescription medication for anything in your life? You have never been sick, your doctor has never prescribed you anything? 

47 minutes ago, samiam said:

I did take the first day simultaneous in the am and felt a bit woozy with a slight headache and slept most of the day

Placebo effect

13 minutes ago, HappyMan2021 said:

I find this really hard to believe. You've never taken a prescription medication for anything in your life? You have never been sick, your doctor has never prescribed you anything? 

Placebo effect

Thanks for chiming in. Hopefully, someone can help with my questions. :)

To elaborate on your skepticism and question, though, and my previous statement - I have never taken any drugs previously that would have any bearing on an answer to my questions here i.e., no medications for heart, blood pressue, for hair restoration etc. yes of course there's been a couple times when I was really young that I have taken a prescribed steroid maybe twice and maybe some OTC cold medicine when sick, but otherwise no medicine in last 25 years or so - I never really get sick and if I do get sick I take no drugs, no pain meds, never had surgery etc. 

You can take them at the same time. Put them next to your bed. Just pop them with a glass of water when you get up. 

The schedule really does not make any difference in any way as far as the efficacy goes. 

Give them a good 6 months. 

1 hour ago, Ali took over said:

You can take them at the same time. Put them next to your bed. Just pop them with a glass of water when you get up. 

The schedule really does not make any difference in any way as far as the efficacy goes. 

Give them a good 6 months. 

what does your username refer to?

1 hour ago, RTC said:

what are your thoughts on Karadeniz' youtube persona during his recorded consultations?

Hahahahhahahahahah 

Karadeniz is a funny one. 😂

Sometimes he seems very nice.

Sometimes he comes across as being crazy and arogant. 

I've even heard reports of weird behaviour. Like some dude reported he was yelling and repeating "YES I CAN DO EVERYTHING" when candidly asked by his patient if he could lower the hairline. 😂

I gotta say his english is excellent. Better than any other turkish surgeons or nurses  techs etc I've ever spoken to 

I remember J used to speak very highly of him...

Sadly Karadeniz has chosen quantity over quality. He's become a hairmill these days...

I believe he does only the design and "opening of the channels" at best. 

For the rest, I guess "nurses take over" 😂

So basically classic turkish scheme. 

Unfortuantely I've seen several bad results from his clinic. 

One was from username masd or musd.   Something like that.  It was a really bad one and very poor planning....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ali took over said:

Hahahahhahahahahah 

Karadeniz is a funny one. 😂

Sometimes he seems very nice.

Sometimes he comes across as being crazy and arogant. 

I've even heard reports of weird behaviour. Like some dude reported he was yelling and repeating "YES I CAN DO EVERYTHING" when candidly asked by his patient if he could lower the hairline. 😂

I gotta say his english is excellent. Better than any other turkish surgeons or nurses  techs etc I've ever spoken to 

I remember Joseph Tillman used to speak very highly of him...

Sadly Karadeniz has chosen quantity over quality. He's become a hairmill these days...

I believe he does only the design and "opening of the channels" at best. 

For the rest, I guess "nurses take over" 😂

So basically classic turkish scheme. 

Unfortuantely I've seen several bad results from his clinic. 

One was from username masd or musd.   Something like that.  It was a really bad one and very poor planning....

hahahahaha

bro his recorded consultations are painful to watch

it's just him shouting at/preaching to the client for 20 minutes because he likes the sound of his own voice

he comes across as a pure narcissist

🤣  @ opening the channels and leaving the room

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RTC said:

hahahahaha

bro his recorded consultations are painful to watch

it's just him shouting at/preaching to the client for 20 minutes because he likes the sound of his own voice

he comes across as a pure narcissist

🤣  @ opening the channels and leaving the room

Exactly

hahahahhahaha 🤙😂

• Like 1

• Administrators

Guys,

Let’s take this conversation to pm, it’s completely unrelated to OP’s question.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
4 hours ago, samiam said:

I just started .5mg Oral Dutasteride + 2.5 mg Oral Minoxidil. I've never taken any other drugs for anything.  All else being equal, can I take both of these drugs at the same time each day? Or is it best to space them out e.g., .5 Dut in the am and 2.5mg Minoxidil at night, or should I split one or both of them to take 2x/day, or other regimen? I did take the first day simultaneous in the am and felt a bit woozy with a slight headache and slept most of the day

There’s no need to take dutasteride daily, the long half life means you can take it 1-2x per week and it will be effective. The side effect you described could be due to blood pressure. Do you have a blood pressure cuff? You should invest in one if you’re gonna take oral minoxidil. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.