Roughly how many grafts/Question about Drs. Mwamba and Gabel

Hi, I'm 31, black male, been experiencing hair loss for 7 years or so now. I wanted to post here initially to ask just a few questions as I start doing research about this. If they're more easily answered elsewhere, please point me in that direction.

1. Roughly how many grafts using FUE would it take for my stage of hair loss?
2. Is Dr. Mwamba a good bet for both black/curlier hair issues and FUE in general? 
3. I was also looking at Dr. Gabel in OR, but I don't see black patients there. I assume he's worked with at least one person, but I didn't know if steering clear of someone who's a great surgeon if they don't have enough experience with curly hair.
4. Are there any other US surgeons you'd recommend/us there anything you think I should know, just looking at the images.
5. Also-how do autoimmune conditions like lupus affect hair transplant, if at all? I have somewhat mild lupus and it's relatively stable--I'm not getting massive hair sheds out of nowhere any more. But I dont know if there's anything additional I should know. 
6. Since I see topical anesthetics like lidocaine and benzocaine can be used during transplantation, can other topicals like septocaine, marcaine, mepivacaine be used as well? (probably another doctor question).

Also, excuse my humorous toilet cam; intended to take these today with fully dried and unstyled hair with NO hair fibers, but for complicated reasons my own apartment was temporarily not available.

front.jpg

back.jpg

Edited by IonNumberFive

• Administrators

Are you on any form of preventive medication? 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

6 hours ago, IonNumberFive said:

Yes. I've been on finasteride and minoxidil more or less this whole time.

You need a lot of grafts maybe 3000-3500 if you want the hairline addressed too you’ve been on fin for 7 years and are still losing hair? That’s cause for concern maybe it’s not preventing enough dht