Which clinic suits my case?

Hey guys!

I am new in this network so hey all, hope you are having a good day.

About my case, i am 28 years old from Austria (german speaking) and have a pretty bad hair loss since the beginning of my 20´s.  I tried Minoxidil but it didnt help, i also tried Finasterid twice for about 6-7 months, but it didnt seem to help, did loose like half my density in the time of taking it and had a view side effects like lower libido and fuzzyness in the head. So i dont really want to take it again unless i have to.

I am searching for a good clinic which can implant like 4-5k grafts at once, since i think thats the amount i will need minimum for an "okay" result. I do know that i would need an extra transplant for the crown area to be filled, but i would be okay with it just not beeing completly bald, so i dont have to make an extra surgery for the corwn.

My budget ist between 5000-8000€. 

I read good things about Hairpalace in Budapest and also about Dr.Turan and Dr. Bicer, although she seems quite expensive now.

Also want to know how the waiting lists are, how long before do i have to book in average, because i would have a time window in August next month, next best thing would be February next year.

Here are some pictures, would love to hear from you! 🙂

9D7F4414-A0E1-4B82-9B97-10CC4952DFC1.jpeg

523928C4-2147-4ECA-8F35-DE1BA36CF5A1.jpeg

CD060EE2-C28A-434B-913E-C16FDDAE57B8.jpeg

D9D4B444-6D18-41E4-BEEA-CE27DF7F71E5.jpeg

DB939E08-FCE6-4D8A-9E50-F71F6ED3B1C1.jpeg

Hello @Eric01

This is Hala working for @DrTBarghouthi

I have tagged the Dr.Taleb, so he can give you an advice regarding your case.

Good luck :) 

• Like 1

Patient Adviser to Dr. Taleb Barghouthi - approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with us here  or via WhatsApp at +962778837839 (Jordan) or +962798378396 (Jordan). 

Social media Instagram & Facebook : vertexhair

I would consider staying on some form of maintenance therapy given your pattern. This can be even topical finasteride or oral minoxidil. Your crown might thin a bit more in the lower border so I suggest not to fill it completely in case it dips further. You can work on the areas of frontal zone and midscalp and possibly anterior crown (front part) to make it smaller.However, we have to keep an area that is thinner in case the lower part of the crown thins in the future- so it looks natural still. 

• Like 1

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

15 hours ago, Eric01 said:

Hey guys!

I am new in this network so hey all, hope you are having a good day.

About my case, i am 28 years old from Austria (german speaking) and have a pretty bad hair loss since the beginning of my 20´s.  I tried Minoxidil but it didnt help, i also tried Finasterid twice for about 6-7 months, but it didnt seem to help, did loose like half my density in the time of taking it and had a view side effects like lower libido and fuzzyness in the head. So i dont really want to take it again unless i have to.

I am searching for a good clinic which can implant like 4-5k grafts at once, since i think thats the amount i will need minimum for an "okay" result. I do know that i would need an extra transplant for the crown area to be filled, but i would be okay with it just not beeing completly bald, so i dont have to make an extra surgery for the corwn.

My budget ist between 5000-8000€. 

I read good things about Hairpalace in Budapest and also about Dr.Turan and Dr. Bicer, although she seems quite expensive now.

Also want to know how the waiting lists are, how long before do i have to book in average, because i would have a time window in August next month, next best thing would be February next year.

Here are some pictures, would love to hear from you! 🙂

9D7F4414-A0E1-4B82-9B97-10CC4952DFC1.jpeg

523928C4-2147-4ECA-8F35-DE1BA36CF5A1.jpeg

CD060EE2-C28A-434B-913E-C16FDDAE57B8.jpeg

D9D4B444-6D18-41E4-BEEA-CE27DF7F71E5.jpeg

DB939E08-FCE6-4D8A-9E50-F71F6ED3B1C1.jpeg

You are Grade 3V on the Norwood Hamilton Scale of baldness.

You shall require:

Frontal zone: 2500 grafts approximately

For the mid scalp and the crown, you shall require medications. If you did not have any side effects from finasteride then you can continue it. The results of finasteride are seen within 8 to 12 months. You can start using Minoxidil too. However, you need to be committed to medications in order to maintain the results. If you leave the medications then you will lose all the hair that have cone due to minoxidil and finasteride. Finasteride also helps in sustaining the transplanted hair as they also have a tendency to miniaturize. The donor area is more immune to dihydrotestosterone but not completely immune.

2 hours ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

I would consider staying on some form of maintenance therapy given your pattern. This can be even topical finasteride or oral minoxidil. Your crown might thin a bit more in the lower border so I suggest not to fill it completely in case it dips further. You can work on the areas of frontal zone and midscalp and possibly anterior crown (front part) to make it smaller.However, we have to keep an area that is thinner in case the lower part of the crown thins in the future- so it looks natural still. 

Thanks for your advice!

I have already taken finasteride in the past, but after about 7 months I did not see any improvement and stopped taking it again, especially since I had side effects such as lower libido and fuzzyness. But I'm considering starting again with a lower dose, like 0.5mg.

Thanks also for the tip about my crown, I will keep this in mind for my hair transplant!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eugenix Hair Sciences said:

You are Grade 3V on the Norwood Hamilton Scale of baldness.

You shall require:

Frontal zone: 2500 grafts approximately

For the mid scalp and the crown, you shall require medications. If you did not have any side effects from finasteride then you can continue it. The results of finasteride are seen within 8 to 12 months. You can start using Minoxidil too. However, you need to be committed to medications in order to maintain the results. If you leave the medications then you will lose all the hair that have cone due to minoxidil and finasteride. Finasteride also helps in sustaining the transplanted hair as they also have a tendency to miniaturize. The donor area is more immune to dihydrotestosterone but not completely immune.

Thanks, I didn't know that transplanted hair gets finer too. As previously written, I had slight side effects when I first tried finasteride, but I think I'll go back to it at a lower dose! Its probably the best thing to do.

• Like 1

A lower dose of finasteride or 1 mg on alternate days usually helps many people both in terms of results or reducing potential side effects.

• Like 1

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

• 10 months later...

Hey guys!

I have now postponed the hair transplant tewas and want to do it in the summer. I have two offers, one from Dr. Gur (standard package) with 4000 grafts for 3.300€ and one from Dr. Resul Yaman, who offered me 6000 grafts with DHI method for 6000€ (operation over 2 days).

Photos from last year are on the top, hasnt changed much. I was told i am torwards a NW6.

Now both doctors got good reviews here in the forum, besides I know it is a matter of taste, however I still wanted to ask you guys what you can recommend.

Dr. Gur would not do the crown on me, not even with a second HT, because he also does not transplant beard or body hair. With Dr. Yaman the crown would be included.
Realistic expectations are important and I do not expect a crown that is completely dense, but I would like to have enough hair there that it is not completely naked and I can help with some hair fibers in case of need. Focus should be in the front and mid-scalp area. Of course I would prefer to have it done in one operation, but I wanted to ask you some questions.

My specific questions are, do you have a recommendation for me which of these doctors would be better suited for my case?

Is the DHI method of Dr. Yaman suitable for many grafts, since I once read that DHI is used more for punctual repairs?

Is it advisable to do an operation with 6000 grafts, regarding the survival of the grafts, or are there other disadvantages compared to a 4000 graft operation?

Thank you and best regards,
Eric

Edited by Eric01

• 3 weeks later...
  • Valued Contributor

There are some doctors who are doing this giga sessions often this days...dr yaman does this quit often..but personally i would not recommend this...i believe surgery should be better of done in at least 2 phases when the grade of baldness is high....so imo you can go with dr gur for 1st session and can do your front portion with a bit of mid scalp which will frame your face well and than after an year or two you can go for crown....plus dr gur is conservative in his approach so your grafts will get well preserved for the next session...

Edited by A_4_Archan

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

I think Gur's results have been consistently great while Yaman has shown some subpar ones, even though I should say they are both considered highly ethical and are recommended by the forum.

I am not a huge fan of using such a big number of grafts (6000) just in one go. While getting 6000 grafts extracted may sound fascinating and sort of tricks us to believe it will offer the so-wished-for single solution to our problem, I think it's probably more conservative approaches that work better.

If a Dr. suggests you will get a good result with fewer grafts (and he has been known to deliver on his promises) then this is a reason to go with him rather than with a Dr. who suggests going for more grafts imo. We must bear in mind that hair loss is a long-term game and be mindful of our limited donor area capacity. You do not want any more grafts to be extracted than the absolute number needed, given your young age. 6000 grafts might, unfortunately, be close to exhausting your donor capacity (or at least, if it is really great, subtract 60-70% of it).

In your place, I would sooner than later get back to minoxidil (oral has been shown by some studies to be more potent than topical) and finasteride (or even trying dutasteride or both-each every other day, if you felt fin did not help you), as the doctors above suggested. This will also assist you in getting a better HT result. If the side effects are bad with fin you can try a reduced dose, as mentioned, or the topical form too. I would then go for a first HT with Dr. Gur. You can reassess where you stand after that. Remember that as a diffuse thinner you might get impressive results if you manage to get your DHT levels under control, regaining a lot of your lost hair (especially in the crown area), as you are still quite young. Consistency in taking the medication and trusting the process are the keys to success. 

In the same budget, I might also consider Dr. Turan (though, I would probably by a thin margin prefer Dr. Gur to him). If you are able to scale up your budget might be worth also considering Dr. Laorwong and Dr. Pekiner. 

Hope this is helpful and good luck with your decision and HT!