Personal Finasteride question!

Rachmunas4life

I've been taking Finasteride for a few weeks now. Ever since taking it I have been very constipated. I keep having to take laxatives just to get a bowel movement. I never used laxatives in the past so I know it's because of Finasteride.

Is this normal for Finasteride users? Thanks!

I've been taking Finasteride for a few weeks now. Ever since taking it I have been very constipated. I keep having to take laxatives just to get a bowel movement. I never used laxatives in the past so I know it's because of Finasteride.

Is this normal for Finasteride users? Thanks!

Never heard about this. It may be a coincidence. Try taking all bran stuff or Honey Cherios cereal. It is a big laxative for me.

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

If all of this is true, then you are one of the few people that exist outside of 3 standard deviations.

I do not understand how the use of finasteride can re-absorb water from the large intestine, and thus contribute to constipation.

Finasteride is vital to retarding your hair loss.

Consult your physician first, and then if allowable modify your intake of fluids per day.

There have been cases of lower sperm motility and motivity in patients that use finasteride but this is rare. Just like your case is rare.

I have the documentation some where and perhaps soon I'll initiate a thread and invite comments.

take care...