FUE by HLC Ankara | 4058 Grafts | June 22, 2022

4 hours ago, DutaSaveMe said:

2 months, 7 days post-op:

Been shedding for the past month, but luckier than most I guess. Seems like shedding is mostly done, and what is still there has grown a lot. Also noticing new hair sprouting in the recipient zone. Still some redness going on in the recipient zone, but that was expected since my scalp is very sensitive and I've had some trouble with seborrheic dermatitis earlier.

Got a prescription for oral minoxidil last week and will take a dose of 2,5mg (eventually 5mg) ED. Hopefully it will boost the growth on other areas that are thin. (crown, mid-scalp and temple points).

1.thumb.jpg.e019244293a88abbde7620a9cf4df2f2.jpg3.thumb.jpg.a5ff56d6bc6fc530578d9fbd740e6028.jpg2.thumb.jpg.b0bd2b463b1e04b49753cdd1f251266d.jpg4.thumb.jpg.6e8e9a2002b9a099ee67c5c2cbb9ad24.jpg

That’s not bad man. The redness looks worse in photos im guessing? 

overall for 2 months it looks pretty good. Hopefully by month 4 everything fills in for you. 

• Like 1

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

56 minutes ago, Vann said:

That’s not bad man. The redness looks worse in photos im guessing? 

overall for 2 months it looks pretty good. Hopefully by month 4 everything fills in for you. 

Yeah, the redness doesnt look that bad, but had to use blitz to get a clearer pic. 

no blitz:

E576028E-0C4F-4B13-8592-6CE8011F96C8.jpeg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

4000 grafts when you only needed 2500, this clinic need to be avoided same strategy as asmed. Hope you will have a good results.

Better pay more per graft at a better doctor and he will use small amount an the results will be the same or better with small amount of grafts and finally you will pay same or less and you will be left with more grafts in donor for future.

Edited by Mike8000fue

On 7/2/2022 at 4:30 PM, THE TRUTH said:

Waw ! Over 4000 grafts for someone who is relatively young and only a Norwood 2.5 hairline with minimal loss ? 

Well I mean okay it's not like you're 20 without being on medication.

You are 29 and your miniaturization seems to be stabilized thanks to the use of finasteride so you are an okay candidate  but still the fact they did 4000 grafts only for a Norwood 2.5 hairline to me seems way exagerated....

Reminds me of this similar case from the same clinic and the result was really subpar...

Did you ask specifically to get 4000 grafts ? Or was it the clinic's suggestion ? 

Did they elaborate a long term strategy and how about your total donor capacity ? 

Anyways I wish you a happy recovery ! All the best

YEs, 4000 for that limited need seems very exaggerated.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/24/2022 at 1:11 AM, Xanadu said:

YEs, 4000 for that limited need seems very exaggerated.

You two might be right, but I feel my forelock area was in worse condition than the pre-op photos show. You can see this in the next picture. This is taken close to four months after the operation. You can also see some scarring after I removed a lipoma the month before the hair transplant. The HT docs were a bit concerned that any hair would grow there, but it turned out very nicely!

The line that is drawn on my head in the first picture is something my sister did before I left for Turkey. Not done by any doctors lol.

front.thumb.jpg.0f3f4e79a4c77357e17efc76dc8d09ac.jpg

• 3 months later...

7 months update

It's been seven months since my transplantation. I am so happy that I went through with it. Before the transplant I walked past the living room mirror with great frustration, everyday thinking that this will only get worse as time passes by. Now all I feel is relief. 

I was fortunate to not shed all of the transplanted hairs after the procedure, and I reckon all my transplanted hairs had sprouted after five months. The last two months I have not seen any new growth, only maturing. Less curly and increasing diameter.

Here are some pictures of the results. Before on the left, and after on the right:

BEFORE                                                                                                                                                   AFTER

1588194404_7months.thumb.jpg.dddfb83ce4483bdcb9a66b6a72b1d1fe.jpg

BEFORE                                                                                                                                           AFTER

466124806_7months2.thumb.jpg.9ec6e72fcbaa52da43cd86a3b85c9da8.jpg

How do you think the result looks?

P.S. The redness is caused by seborrheic dermatitis, which I've been struggling with for years...

Edited by DutaSaveMe
  • Like 4