Advise for people with sensitive skin

I’m scheduled for my first HT in Nov, I feel I’m a very good candidate, check all the boxes but my only concern is I tend to have itchy skin sometimes, I am a body builder and I do take lots of vitamins, beetroot, And other supplements, my plan is to discontinue all vitamins about a month before my Ht as I know they do cause some of my itching and they thin my blood. Looking for advice on what I can do to help with the concerns of itching after the Ht, can I take Benadryl, any recommendations to avoid major itching of the scalp and how to support healthy healing. 

Hi @Chetman2112

This is Hala, working for @DrTBarghouthi

I tagged Dr Taleb so he could give you an advice regarding your case.

Kind regards,

Hala

• Thanks 1

Patient Adviser to Dr. Taleb Barghouthi - approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with us here  or via WhatsApp at +962778837839 (Jordan) or +962798378396 (Jordan). 

Social media Instagram & Facebook : vertexhair

On 6/12/2022 at 3:49 AM, Chetman2112 said:

I’m scheduled for my first HT in Nov, I feel I’m a very good candidate, check all the boxes but my only concern is I tend to have itchy skin sometimes, I am a body builder and I do take lots of vitamins, beetroot, And other supplements, my plan is to discontinue all vitamins about a month before my Ht as I know they do cause some of my itching and they thin my blood. Looking for advice on what I can do to help with the concerns of itching after the Ht, can I take Benadryl, any recommendations to avoid major itching of the scalp and how to support healthy healing. 

I tend to use a combination if olive or almond oil, aloe vera and in severe cases anti histamines. Also avoid minoxidil for 3-4 weeks. If flakes appear then a ketoconazole or anti dandruff shampoo also helps a month after. 

• Thanks 1

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram