Opinion about FUE transplant with Dr. Angela Phipps?

Has anyone had an FUE transplant with Dr. Angela Phipps in Raleigh NC? 

I am scheduled for an 1800 FUE transplant with her at the end of June. She's a doctor working with Bosley, but I don't have any pictures of her work.

It's my second FUE (first was 3900 FUE 2.5 years ago).  I'm looking to add some thickness to the top of my head and to make my hairline look more natural (currently a straight hairline), so I'm most interested in knowing if anyone has an opinion on the naturalness of hairlines from her work.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

• Administrators

I’ve never heard of this doctor. In North Carolina. I would strongly suggest consulting with Dr. Jerry Cooley

https://hairtransplantnetwork.com/dr-jerry-cooley/consult

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thank you for your feedback.  Very helpful. 

Dr. Mike Vories did my first surgery and he did a great job.  From a couple of pictures I posted in a different thread, Melvin said my hairline looks pretty good. I agree, but I'd really like to make it look more natural. So I think I will go with his suggestion and make an appointment with Dr. Cooley.  Dr. Cooley's name has come up twice in my extensive online searches and, with Melvin's endorsement, I feel confident that he's the best choice. 

• Like 1

Thank you for your suggestion. I cancelled my appointment with Bosely and called Dr Cooley's office.  It will be a few months before I can get a consult and then several more months before the surgery, but it's definitely worth the wait to have a good result.  Dr. Phipps with Bosely may be great too, but without seeing any pictures or even being able to talk with her before the surgery, I just feel really uneasy about it.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Great choice, you’re doing the smart thing. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

9 hours ago, D_Matt_I said:

It will be a few months before I can get a consult and then several more months before the surgery

would it really only be a few months before surgery after the consult? I contacted their office in January, and I would have had to wait 4 months for an in person consult and then a year after that for the surgery. 

Maybe its different because you live in NC. Or maybe his waitlist got shorter bc of the economy, covid, etc. 

Edited by HappyMan2021

I

13 hours ago, HappyMan2021 said:

would it really only be a few months before surgery after the consult? I contacted their office in January, and I would have had to wait 4 months for an in person consult and then a year after that for the surgery. 

Maybe its different because you live in NC. Or maybe his waitlist got shorter bc of the economy, covid, etc. 

I haven't actually scheduled anything yet. That's just what the receptionist said when I called. She said it was a few months to see "one of the ladies" or 3-4 to see Dr. Cooley.  She didn't give me a specific time for how long after that I could schedule the surgery, just said several more months. So like you said, maybe that actually means a year...

• Like 1