Hit head 1 month post-op!

Don't worry, you're fine

Was there any bleeding? Either way, nothing can remove your grafts from scalp now. In fact they can't even be removed permanently by manual extraction punch because there is a 70% chance they grow back

• Like 1

I agree…very unlikely you have done any damage to your grafts. 

• Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

30 minutes ago, Ryan Daniel said:

Don't worry, you're fine

Was there any bleeding? Either way, nothing can remove your grafts from scalp now. In fact they can't even be removed permanently by manual extraction punch because there is a 70% chance they grow back

Yes, a little bleeding. Small area, mostly scraped the skin and caused a slight bump/bruise. 
So mad at myself! I've been super careful and have done everything I was told to do. Ugh!
At least I'm 1 most post-op and didn't do this in the first week. I just hope I didn't damage the graft/root.

Edited by hairyharry

Believe it, you would know if you lost any grafts, there would be bleeding evidenced by a steady stream of blood protruding from the site where the graft was lost.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Hairyharry,

I know how scary it can be to bump your head after undergoing hair transplant surgery.  If you were only a couple of days out from the procedure I’d be asking more detail about the bump, how hard you hit your head, if there was any blood or if any of the grafts look like they’ve been dislodged.

However, at 1 month post op, the grafts have long been deeply rooted underneath the surface of the scalp and  could only be removed with surgery.

So long story short, you’re not at any risk of losing any grafts or causing damage to the hair transplant on any way.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

• Like 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

54 minutes ago, Ryan Daniel said:

Don't worry, you're fine

Ryan,

I have to ask, where are you getting this information?  While I agree that bumping one’s head 1 month after surgery would not cause any damage to the grafts, it sounds like you’re saying that the follicular units could  not be surgically removed by a manual punch because there’s a 70% chance they’d grow back.  

If that were true then 70% of the donor extractions would grow back, providing almost an unlimited donor hair supply.  This would literally “cure” baldness (not the process of losing hair but actually eliminating baldness on those where it occurs).  I wish this were tru but it’s simply not.  Once a follicular unit is extracted (from anywhere on the scalp or body), it does not grow back in the area from which it was harvested.  

Perhaps I’m misunderstanding you, but I just wanted to post this because it could be misleading to anyone considering surgery.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Edited by Rahal Hair Transplant
  • Thanks 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

21 minutes ago, Rahal Hair Transplant said:

Ryan,

I have to ask, where are you getting this information?  While I agree that bumping one’s head 1 month after surgery would not cause any damage to the grafts, it sounds like you’re saying that the follicular units could  not be surgically removed by a manual punch because there’s a 70% chance they’d grow back.  

If that were true then 70% of the donor extractions would grow back, providing almost an unlimited donor hair supply.  This would literally “cure” baldness (not the process of losing hair but actually eliminating baldness on those where it occurs).  I wish this were tru but it’s simply not.  Once a follicular unit is extracted (from anywhere on the scalp or body), it does not grow back in the area from which it was harvested.  

Perhaps I’m misunderstanding you, but I just wanted to post this because it could be misleading to anyone considering surgery.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Hi,

Sometimes when grafts are implanted very deep under the skin by a hair mill that aren't using correct incision lengths, it is very difficult to completely extract them permanently, hence why there is a chance they will grow back.  This is quite common 

• 2 weeks later...

At one month you certainly didn't damage the grafts. Nothing to be worried about. 👍

However, this doesn't mean your grafts survived. Grafts dislodging and graft survival are 2 differents things... You never know and you won't find out till the 6-month mark.