Scarring after FUE

I just seen a video where someone shaved his head to 0 after 4 years post HT. Is this normal? Is there really no going back to shaving head after FUE? Wasn't FUE supposed to be scarless procedure? I think a FUT scar would look better than this..

image.png.adc139aba2d0a4290a6486a5465037ef.png

Edited by SoSoz

35 minutes ago, SoSoz said:

I just seen a video where someone shaved his head to 0 after 4 years post HT. Is this normal? Is there really no going back to shaving head after FUE? Wasn't FUE supposed to be scarless procedure? I think a FUT scar would look better than this..

Whoever told you "FUE has no scars", well, if you believed them. 

Are you in the market for a bridge? :D

This type of scarring is dependent on 2 things. 1 is your own bodies response to scar healing and usually darker skin tones with scars being white tend to look the worst with fair skin coming off better. Generally speaking. There's exceptions. 

The next factor is the size of the punch used and how many grafts were taken. The bigger the punch, usually the larger the scar and of course, the more grafts taken, the more scars. 

Also, bear in mind that you shouldn't imo ever bother shaving your head like that if you intend to go down a hair transplant route as the basic reason you got a hair transplant is to show hair off. 

Having hair there masks the scars usually. I would also agree with you that a long linear FUT scar in that above image would look cleaner per se, but you can also possibly try tattoo that linear scar with something more skin ton covered as a form of SMP or alternatively even use beard grafts to implant into the FUE scar and then maybe when shaved down, it might help mask it even more. Tbh, Joe Rogan is a good example of what i believe is going from an FUT scar to slick bald. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, SoSoz said:

Whenever the skin is cut, a scar will replace it. How many grafts did this guy have?

If you enlarge the photo it appears IMHO that the individual’s physiology had a large impact on healing and development of scarring; yet we know nothing about the instruments used or surgeon’s experience and skill…including the techs if they did the extractions.

Bottom line, anytime incisions or any type of cuts are made in flesh tissue, scar tissue will develop in the healing process, PERIOD….Oh sure, some scarring is less visible than others BUT there’s no way around it, “Hair Transplant Surgery” will involve scarring!

And there’s no such thing as “Scarless FUE”…..😳

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY