Going back to work after your transplant

Just curious what others' experiences were like. I don't have much of a problem going back with a buzzcut out of nowhere for a month before my native hair grows back enough, but I am concerned about the redness. I feel like I will be prone to redness and that would be quite weird and embarrassing for people to see. I've heard that you can apply some light makeup but the whole thing seems like a bit much, especially considering it will probably fade off after a few hours, then I'd have to go touch it up in the bathroom, etc. Also, no, I cannot wear a hat at work. TIA

• Valued Contributor

What environment do you work in? Office? Customer facing? What's the deal there? I'd say were possible for appropriate, just tell people you've had/having a transplant. That way there's nothing to hide if a hat is off the table.

• Like 1

Customer service type of job. I don't care about the customers seeing me. I don't know any of them personally nor care what they might think. It's my co-workers that I'd rather not reveal the surgery to. And please, to all, no I'm just not comfortable with the "Just be open about it!" mindset. Just a personal choice. I work for a big company and would just rather it not go around that I'm the guy who got "hair plugs" as people still call them most of the time.

11 minutes ago, SD1984 said:

Customer service type of job. I don't care about the customers seeing me. I don't know any of them personally nor care what they might think. It's my co-workers that I'd rather not reveal the surgery to. And please, to all, no I'm just not comfortable with the "Just be open about it!" mindset. Just a personal choice. I work for a big company and would just rather it not go around that I'm the guy who got "hair plugs" as people still call them most of the time.

I hear ya. Absent a long leave of absence there's nothing much more you can do.  You can say it's a rash but that won't stop the rumor mill.