Eugenix on June-06th and June07th | 4500 Grafts

Hello,

I am scheduled for a hair transplant on June-06th and June07th at Eugenix for 4500 Grafts.  Reading so many positive reviews I am very excited.

Have some questions so hoping to get some help.

* Do the blood tests strictly have to be taken a week before or can they be taken once I reach Delhi a day before ?

* I am planning to stay for 5+ days after the transplant, is it ok to visit places (From a transplant standpoint) after the transplant considering the pollution / sweat ?

*  One of the emails said not to give tips to any of the drivers or staff, I know that tips are typically expected in India. wondering what others did here ? Did you end up tipping, if yes how much typically.

Thanks for your help !

I'm scheduled to go for my procedure in a week from now but i will personally be only going to the clinic and back to the hotel. 

I'm treating it as a business almost first kind of trip. I do not want to go out risking hitting my head on cars, rickshaws etc. and any potential dust/pollution like you mentioned on the newly implanted grafts. 

Blood tests can be done beforehand but i don't think there's a strict time limit. I do think if you plan to get the clinic to do it, they are sometimes a bit hesitant to schedule it the day before but they technically can and have pulled it off for members and others it seems. 

Personally i don't know about the tipping thing, but it's probably best to ask your Eugenix consultant why they say that etc. and whether it's appropriate in other circumstances.

• Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor

1. I did my bloods in Delhi. Eugenix arranged a chap to come to the hotel and I had the results back that night as I recall. Unless you suspect you might have some issues blood-wise that could affect your HT, just get them done in Delhi.

2. I wouldn't personally. You're going to be milling about in a surgical cap and conscious of both bumping your head, people looking at you and everything else. If you had some downtime prior to the HT... hell yea! But not after. Just rest up in the hotel room and take it easy. The first 5 days post-op are important - it's a vulnerable time. Just take it nice and easy.

If you do want to get out and about, I'd recommend trying to get a private driver and going out really early in the morning so you can beat the crowds, the sun etc... and not worry about having to catch a taxi or a rickshaw to and from each place you go. I visited Qutub Minar the day before my surgery and I regret not utilising the full two days before surgery for more exploring to be honest. But equally the last thing I wanted to do post-op was go and out and about.

Tips... It's up to you. I tipped the hotel driver who picked me up from the airport because my flight was delayed and getting out of the airport took an eternity. The driver waited patiently for ages so I tipped him (no idea how much to be honset). But that was the hotel driver, not a Eugenix employee, which I think is what the email refers to, so I'd honour that email as far as Eugnix staff go.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, rookie52 said:

Hello,

I am scheduled for a hair transplant on June-06th and June07th at Eugenix for 4500 Grafts.  Reading so many positive reviews I am very excited.

Have some questions so hoping to get some help.

* Do the blood tests strictly have to be taken a week before or can they be taken once I reach Delhi a day before ?

* I am planning to stay for 5+ days after the transplant, is it ok to visit places (From a transplant standpoint) after the transplant considering the pollution / sweat ?

*  One of the emails said not to give tips to any of the drivers or staff, I know that tips are typically expected in India. wondering what others did here ? Did you end up tipping, if yes how much typically.

Thanks for your help !

1. You can get the blood tests done prior to a week or even after you are in Delhi.

2. It is okay to visit places provided you take care not to rub or scratch the transplanted area.

3. Please do not tip anyone. It is not required.

• Thanks 1

I think it's always good to get blood tests before, because in case something comes out as wrong and you need to cancel surgery, you're not stuck flying back and forth for nothing.

I'd not visit almost anything post transplant.  The first 2-3 days after you're very vulnuerable.  If it was 7+ days after, sure.

No idea about tips.  But from my understanding, I'd only tip if the tipping is something that makes you happy.  I'd not do it because it's "expected" because it's not.  But yeah, someone gives a great service, I'll tip for my own satisfaction.  

• Thanks 1

Check out my journey here:

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, Fue3361 said:

I think it's always good to get blood tests before, because in case something comes out as wrong and you need to cancel surgery, you're not stuck flying back and forth for nothing.

I'd not visit almost anything post transplant.  The first 2-3 days after you're very vulnuerable.  If it was 7+ days after, sure.

No idea about tips.  But from my understanding, I'd only tip if the tipping is something that makes you happy.  I'd not do it because it's "expected" because it's not.  But yeah, someone gives a great service, I'll tip for my own satisfaction.  

Getting the required bloods in the UK, as far as I could tell, was complicated and expensive - probably no less expensive than my flight. In Delhi it was about £30. To my mind, may as well take the flight and do the bloods in Delhi and if for some reason the bloods return in a way that means surgery isn't possible then at the very least you can have a good few days sightseeing in India.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I honestly think the blood tests in the UK depend on your local GP. Some are really good and accommodating. Some are absolutely horrible. 

Either way, if you cannot get them in the UK, bar some horrible complications, Eugenix shoulf be able to organise them

On 5/11/2022 at 3:29 AM, Berba11 said:

1. I did my bloods in Delhi. Eugenix arranged a chap to come to the hotel and I had the results back that night as I recall. Unless you suspect you might have some issues blood-wise that could affect your HT, just get them done in Delhi.

2. I wouldn't personally. You're going to be milling about in a surgical cap and conscious of both bumping your head, people looking at you and everything else. If you had some downtime prior to the HT... hell yea! But not after. Just rest up in the hotel room and take it easy. The first 5 days post-op are important - it's a vulnerable time. Just take it nice and easy.

If you do want to get out and about, I'd recommend trying to get a private driver and going out really early in the morning so you can beat the crowds, the sun etc... and not worry about having to catch a taxi or a rickshaw to and from each place you go. I visited Qutub Minar the day before my surgery and I regret not utilising the full two days before surgery for more exploring to be honest. But equally the last thing I wanted to do post-op was go and out and about.

Tips... It's up to you. I tipped the hotel driver who picked me up from the airport because my flight was delayed and getting out of the airport took an eternity. The driver waited patiently for ages so I tipped him (no idea how much to be honset). But that was the hotel driver, not a Eugenix employee, which I think is what the email refers to, so I'd honour that email as far as Eugnix staff go.

Thanks for your detailed response, Appeciate it. I am inclined to get my blood work done with Eugenix only and as suggested going to skip being a tourist :-).

On 5/10/2022 at 3:29 PM, NARMAK said:

I'm scheduled to go for my procedure in a week from now but i will personally be only going to the clinic and back to the hotel. 

I'm treating it as a business almost first kind of trip. I do not want to go out risking hitting my head on cars, rickshaws etc. and any potential dust/pollution like you mentioned on the newly implanted grafts. 

Blood tests can be done beforehand but i don't think there's a strict time limit. I do think if you plan to get the clinic to do it, they are sometimes a bit hesitant to schedule it the day before but they technically can and have pulled it off for members and others it seems. 

Personally i don't know about the tipping thing, but it's probably best to ask your Eugenix consultant why they say that etc. and whether it's appropriate in other circumstances.

Thanks for your response, very helpful ! Good luck with your procedure.

• Like 1

On 5/11/2022 at 4:30 AM, Fue3361 said:

Thanks for your response, Very helpful.