Surgery after Hair Transplant

Good question.  I personally would want 6 months, which I fee like is a good time point where most of the grafts have sprouted.  I hate the idea of putting my body through heavy stress with unborn hairs still lingering haha!

But the real answer is probably much sooner than that.

• Like 1

Check out my journey here:

I don't know if there's a general rule for this, so it's something I would suggest running by both your hair transplant surgeon and the surgeon of the future procedure to get their input. There could be various specific circumstances at play here that they would both consider. There's no literature to my knowledge to support that you would have to wait an extended period of time, though I can't imagine you'd need to wait more than three months. However, as mentioned above, for your own peace of mind, it might be beneficial to wait until a significant amount of your results have appeared. Surgery can be stressful enough as it is, so if you can wait until you're mostly on the other side of the HT before diving into another one, I think that'd be best. That's what I would do anyway. 

• Like 1

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

7 hours ago, Fue3361 said:

Good question.  I personally would want 6 months, which I fee like is a good time point where most of the grafts have sprouted.  I hate the idea of putting my body through heavy stress with unborn hairs still lingering haha!

But the real answer is probably much sooner than that.

No thank you for response I was thinking about 6-8 months due to stress or going under anesthesia. I can easily wait a year too I just didn’t know if it was safe a year after. How long before HT could I do something like that?

Best to ask your doctor.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY