Small FUE session as a test before deciding? Anyone try?

I was thinking about going for fellers 200 fue lunch time session as a test to see if fue works well for me. I want to see how transplanted hair looks on my head before I go further. I did a internet counsel with Dr.Cole and he said 800-1000 grafts for what I want. Does anyone know of anyone whos gotten the 200 fue session with dr feller? Any thoughts, advice?

notjustyet, Save all of your donor supply! Many with experience have had small and/or subpar sessions, including myself because I was naive at the time. Having had received 800 grafts did absolutely zero of an improvement, which came out in the end to be a little see-through peach fuzz but did leave me with a scar that was totally unnecessary for the next doctor to deal with. In the worse case scenario of hair loss, you will need every bit of your donor hair to maintain a full looking head of hair in the many years to come.

I happen to think that a 200 graft lunchtime FUE with a quality physician like Dr. Feller would do no harm if you want to try it. It certainly won't leave a scar. You'll not notice much improvement with that small amount, but it's not such a bad idea. I'd say, yes, go for it.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

The idea is its fue, so I want to see if there are white dots and how my head reacts to the whole process, if I get poor growth ect then maybe fues not for me...if the graphs are obvious and I dont like it then i deal with only 200 graphs i dont like and not 1000 ect. I see no downside really. any other thoughts? Id think 800 should show some improvememnt, I wonder if youd gone for 200 instead and got the same result it may have saved you some donor and money?

NJY,

Allow me to put FUE in perspective based on your comments. ALL FUE TECHNIQUES LEAVE LITTLE WHITE DOTS. The point is that they are easily covered even by a number 1 buzz.

No FUE practitioner will come on here and say that their particular FUE procedure does not leave visible scarring.

The benefit of FUE is that FUE scarring is MUCH easier to conceal than a uniform strip scar running the length of your donor area.

Scar formation is also physiology dependent. That is, scar from an 8mm punch used on one patient can be as obvious or more obvious than a scar produced by a 1mm punch on another patient.

By and large FUE is the way to go if you are absolutely ruling out strip surgery, but it is not the "non-invasive" "non-scar forming" procedure it has been shamelessly hyped to be over the years.

I hope this helps you.

Dr. F

Dr. F,

I understand what you are saying. is the lunchtime fue a procedure you still do as an option for those of us who are interested ? Really I am only looking to beef up my natural hairline at this point (nw2.5 ish), I am 36 but in time my hair will recede to maybe a NW3.5 at worse Id expect. So mega sessions I doubt Id ever need, plus I think the downtime with a small session is better than a lengthy time off from work. 200 FUE I am sure I could hide/recover from quicker than 1000. thanks

NJY,

Yes, lunchtime procedures are very popular and it sounds like you may be an ideal candiate as long as your hairline isn't too low. It would be best if you send me a photo of your hairline so I can see for myself what bothers you. Please send to info@fellermedical.com and write a note to Marcia that you are NJY from the inernet. This way I'll remember who you are. If I don't email you back witin a day CALL Marcia at 516-487-3797 to follow up. She'll make sure I see your photo.

Dr. F