Denser hair between crown and donor

I got a transplant done three years ago, 3800 grafts by Cinik, and was happy with it but decided to give my head a buzz cut recently.

For the record I only started talking fin about a year ago, and lost quite a bit of my native hair in the couple of years before starting it and having my transplant .

I like the buzz cut and it looks great from the front but you can see from the back and sides there's a very obvious line of much denser hair in-between the crown and donor area. It's buzzed with the same blade length all over. This makes it look awful from the back and sides and makes it look like I'm only a few weeks back from Turkey. 

Has anyone else experienced this? Other than grow my hair out again can this be hidden or fixed somehow?

I presume as this hair hasn't fallen out or thinned at all like the rest of my native hair that if I was to go for another transplant this hair could be used and planted up in the crown to give me some more density up there? 

Picture below

IMG_20220413_125501__01.jpg

Edited by Mascherano
Extra info

• Administrators

What you’re describing is the demarcation line. There’s not much you can do besides grow it out or get smp.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.