i have had 2 transplants already

1 front and some middle 2300 grafts 

2 crown and some middle 2040 grafts 

Norwood 6-7

density is no where near enough for me

i have a appointment with

dr reddy

dr Fargo 

and have just hear back from Lorenzo in Spain who would need to see me in person which isn’t a issue

tia 

Just starting fin and min

i was on duresteride after the transplant for a while

i haven’t heard back from dr Freitas yet

dr couto is not taking anyone on as booked till end of 2023

is this dr Vila?

Edited by Melvin- Moderator
Removed link

1 minute ago, Grant said:

Just starting fin and min

i was on duresteride after the transplant for a while

i haven’t heard back from dr Freitas yet

dr couto is not taking anyone on as booked till end of 2023

These are superb Drs, but you’re going to need someone who is better with the higher Norwood levels here. And someone that’s adept at using BHT. 
The Drs/Clinics I gave above are definitely worth considering/consulting with. 
Im not sure just how many of those 4340 grafts I see on your scalp, was it FUT or FUE

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J.A.C said:

These are superb Drs, but you’re going to need someone who is better with the higher Norwood levels here. And someone that’s adept at using BHT. 
The Drs/Clinics I gave above are definitely worth considering/consulting with. 
Im not sure just how many of those 4340 grafts I see on your scalp, was it FUT or FUE

It was fue 

I’m happy to to Spain but not turkey

Can I ask you when did you have the 2 procedures?  From the pics of the surgery it looks like a clean work, the graft density also looks ok, but from the pics you posted later, the hair is sparse, so either you lost it over time, or something hasn't grown back.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Egy said:

Can I ask you when did you have the 2 procedures?  From the pics of the surgery it looks like a clean work, the graft density also looks ok, but from the pics you posted later, the hair is sparse, so either you lost it over time, or something hasn't grown back.

The London hair transplant clinic

its only been 12 months since

Here is prior

i have read that guys with advanced hair loss tend to be slow growers

whether that’s the true or not I don’t know

DBE92E09-085F-4C7D-8D15-59B5CFD5ABBD.jpeg

Edited by Grant

18 minutes ago, Egy said:

I think  that the 4340 grafts were not enough to cover such a large area, what condition is your donor area in now?

Donor is fine still luckily

just heard back from fuegenix

he suggests 2-2500 grafts

10 hours ago, Egy said:

From the pics of the surgery it looks like a clean work, the graft density also looks ok, but from the pics you posted later, the hair is sparse, so either you lost it over time, or something hasn't grown back.

agree. this is a pretty interesting case. It looks like the existing grafts grew in well and the angles and everything is great, except the density is still visibly lacking. And without adequate density you do not have the illusion of density. Without the illusion of density, the HT is not doing its job. 

17 hours ago, HappyMan2021 said:

agree. this is a pretty interesting case. It looks like the existing grafts grew in well and the angles and everything is great, except the density is still visibly lacking. And without adequate density you do not have the illusion of density. Without the illusion of density, the HT is not doing its job. 

Yes I agree

im not expecting it to like when I had hair

but want much more density at the front middle

fuegenix has said just do the front middle first and worry about the crown later

he’s very responsive to questions which I like

• 2 weeks later...

So I’ve had a zoom call with Fuegenix 

and a meeting with dr reddy

both mentioned it will be front and middle only and then crown a year later

fuegenix said they would use 2500 grafts @ €7900

dr reddy would use 1500 grafts ( his max per session) @ £7500

he doesn’t charge by hair but by session 

I know some people have mentioned he does, so I asked him

they both stated the original transplant wasn’t very good stating the were to high and uneven  also the angle is incorrect which I thought anyway

both nice people 

just don’t know who to go with

any thoughts?

Edited by Grant

On 4/14/2022 at 12:29 AM, HappyMan2021 said:

Agreed

• Valued Contributor

I would really be giving the UK a wide berth personally. you have used up over 4K of scalp grafts and as you are a higher Norwood you need a good surgeon/clinic that specializes in this. Eugenix would be my choice as you can utilize beard grafts as a donor source in order to keep your scalp donor well managed. All the best!

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
On 4/14/2022 at 12:14 AM, Grant said:

i have read that guys with advanced hair loss tend to be slow growers

I haven't seen any evidence of this to be honest. I'm a Norwood 7 and at 3 months and 3 days today my growth is really starting to kick in now. Everyone is different. I guess it comes down to the quality of the surgery performed, biology, medication, etc. All the best!

3 hours ago, Gatsby said:

I would really be giving the UK a wide berth personally. you have used up over 4K of scalp grafts and as you are a higher Norwood you need a good surgeon/clinic that specializes in this. Eugenix would be my choice as you can utilize beard grafts as a donor source in order to keep your scalp donor well managed. All the best!

Thanks gatsby 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 4/26/2022 at 2:33 PM, Gatsby said:

Hello gatsby

ive just had my Ht done At Fuegenix on your recommendation 

the experience was so much difference that the first one I had

smaller grafts, less pain

less redness and soreness in the donor area

he removed a 5 graft 🙄 and 4,3 and 2’s from the hairline and replaced them elsewhere 

previous ht hair is standing up and diff directions ☹️

fingers crossed this is now fineFD3219A8-7DCE-47C5-955B-F88508CDBEF8.jpeg.398e430c186637df0a022ea9f1422877.jpeg

First one using 2300 grafts (according to them)

FCF856B1-D868-410A-B653-291FBBDF5D40.thumb.jpeg.70be319c60ece207f5d6390e3f16dcae.jpegthis one by Fuegenix using 2650

Edited by Grant