Top 3-5 in Turkey : Thai as of 2022 - I was scared of propecia

Aussie T

Hello everyone ,

I started taking finasteride 15 years ago, but stopped 7 years ago. I just got scared of the consequences it could have on my body if I took it for too long. 

now as you can see in the photo it’s time to do something about it. I have now decided to have a hair transplant and take finasteride. I guess I wish I never stopped. 

i live in Australia so either Thailand (closer) or Turkey (most famous for HT at great prices) would be preferred destinations for me. 

i was hoping you guys could point me to the top 3-5 surgeons/clinics in turkey and/or Thailand. I guess I would want the surgeon to do at least the incisions for me before handing to the technician (preferred though would be if the surgeon did the whole procedure). 

my budget is $10,000 Australian dollars, which comes down to around 7,000 Euros 

much appreciated 

tony 

F8D1CBDC-9577-43C0-81AD-8BB3F24D548B.jpeg

Turkey is not a good choice in general, it may appear more affordable than elsewhere, but it’s not a place which Is renowned for doing the best work or had the best Drs. In reality it’s 99.9% hair mills and then a handful of decent options.

If you’re looking at Turkey then consider HLC, Dr Keser, Dr Pekiner, Dr Bicer, Dr Turan + Dr Gur… 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Pineapple said:

@J.A.CI've seen HLC mentioned but when I google there are multiple results. Which HLC clinic in Turkey is everyone referencing? 

Links are not allowed here, but it’s fue-HLC.. You will see if you Google it. 

Edited by J.A.C
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, J.A.C said:

Turkey is not a good choice in general, it may appear more affordable than elsewhere, but it’s not a place which Is renowned for doing the best work or had the best Drs. In reality it’s 99.9% hair mills and then a handful of decent options.

If you’re looking at Turkey then consider HLC, Dr Keser, Dr Pekiner, Dr Bicer, Dr Turan + Dr Gur… 

agree 100%. Turkish clinics are "decent" at best. absolutely avoid Turkey if you are a high Norwood, a repair patient, or some other complexity. 

I don't understand all the love for Turkey given there are truly elite European doctors that offer comparable prices. And plenty of decent Euro doctors that are just as good as the top-tier Turkish docs. 

Turkey is best reserved for NW 2 and NW 3 bros in their 20s who are getting their first HT, and for whom a 1 or 2k price difference is going to make or break their choice of doctor. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, J.A.C said:

Would you also consider travelling to India/Spain/Portugal/Belgium? This would give you so many more top options 👍🏽

Definitely ! I have family in Italy so Spain, Portugal and Belgium would be better options for me than Turkey ! 

Are Spain, Portugal and Belgium better than Turkey and Thailand ? If so, could you please suggest what are widely considered the best doctors / clinics in Spain/Portugal/Belgium ? Again, my budget would be around euro 7,000

Edited by Aussie T

4 minutes ago, J.A.C said:

Ok so for Spain you can consider Dr Freitas, Dr Lorenzo, Dr Couto + Dr Vila, Portugal - Dr Pinto + Dr Ferreira. And Belgium - Dr Bisanga, Dr Mwamba, Dr Lapunzula + Dr Feriduni! 

Thanks J.A.C. Between Spain and Belgium , if you were in my shoes with my budget , who would you choose , given their recent results ? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Aussie T said:

Thanks J.A.C. Between Spain and Belgium , if you were in my shoes with my budget , who would you choose , given their recent results ? 

Difficult to say, all we can do is look for similar cases and see who’s work you prefer. When it comes to higher Norwood levels I like Dr Bisanga, HDC, @DrTBarghouthi, Eugenix and Dr Bicer in no particular order (I know I have chosen various locations and not just Spain/Belgium) sometimes it’s worth the travel to get the right Dr/Clinic that suits our individual needs. 

Edited by J.A.C
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Aussie T said:

Sorry for the stupid question but am I a higher Norwood? 

Yes, your pattern of balding shows a progressing 5/6. Hopefully you can retain what you have if you restart the Fin. 

Edited by J.A.C

Thanks for the mention. Would you mind sharing some more photos Tony. Also what is your current age? You are indeed a NW 5/6 and finasteride is recommended considering you had no real side effects. 

• Like 3

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

Eugenix in India (highly recommended for your hairloss grade) have a package of 120 INR per graft ($2.12AUD) so you could get up to 5000 grafts for approx $10,000 Australian.

Look at their clinic and patient results on the forum and see what you think. 

Spain & Belgium look to be out of your price range as their top surgeons are charging $5 AUD per graft and you need at least 4000 grafts IMO. 

I would start fin again, maybe Minoxidil too, and see what your baseline is in 12 months.

At the same time save more money to open up your options further. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

Thanks for the mention. Would you mind sharing some more photos Tony. Also what is your current age? You are indeed a NW 5/6 and finasteride is recommended considering you had no real side effects. 

Thanks Doctor , my age is 40. 
here are more photos 

BFD496B1-7A7F-477C-8626-B726F620A645.jpeg

66345459-6C12-4FF6-9527-EE272DA6BDA1.jpeg

2765CF8E-9047-4D79-B8FD-43147BACB20C.jpeg

2 hours ago, mrmane85 said:

Eugenix in India (highly recommended for your hairloss grade) have a package of 120 INR per graft ($2.12AUD) so you could get up to 5000 grafts for approx $10,000 Australian.

Spain & Belgium look to be out of your price range as their top surgeons are charging $5 AUD per graft and you need at least 4000 grafts IMO. 

I would start fin again, maybe Minoxidil too, and see what your baseline is in 12 months.

I think that’s what I had in mind. Start fin again and see where I’m at in 6 months. So that if some hair grow back I can get even more out of the Hair transplant. 
Whit the minoxidil , why would I do it if I already do the Fin ? Isn’t Minoxidil for people who are scared of taking fin because of the side effects ? If I could spare the trouble of having to spend 15 mins per day doing the minoxidil that would be preferred 

Edited by Aussie T

2 hours ago, mrmane85 said:

I guess India is not too far from Australia so I could consider Eugenix too ! Though  $10,000 sounds a bit expensive - unless it’s the surgeon themselves who operate on me (and not their techs)? 

1 hour ago, Aussie T said:

I think that’s what I had in mind. Start fin again and see where I’m at in 6 months. So that if some hair grow back I can get even more out of the Hair transplant. 
Whit the minoxidil , why would I do it if I already do the Fin ? Isn’t Minoxidil for people who are scared of taking fin because of the side effects ? If I could spare the trouble of having to spend 15 mins per day doing the minoxidil that would be preferred 

They have different functions. Simply finasteride will help you keep what you have and Minoxidil will help with regrowth. You can always try oral Minoxidil which is just a capsule. 

Most important medication is Finasteride. You can always add oral minoxidil to the mix

1 hour ago, Aussie T said:

I guess India is not too far from Australia so I could consider Eugenix too ! Though  $10,000 sounds a bit expensive - unless it’s the surgeon themselves who operate on me (and not their techs)? 

You may not need 5000 grafts. Maybe they quote you for 4000 grafts so you'd be looking at $8,000 AUD. And this package is with the surgeon doing most of the procedure.

Please don't get surgery based on location. That is the last thing you should be concerned about. If you choose based on location and you receive a below average result (very likely) you will live in constant regret and disappointment. 

You will not be able to hide this surgery, it will be there for everyone to see. Go to a top surgeon and get it done right. 

Reach out to @eugenixhairsciencesand @DrTBarghouthi and have a consultation to see how they can assist. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Aussie T said:

A Dr will be involved in every one of the packages. Even the cheapest ones. 

7A7FFBBF-38B1-4DE1-9784-946CDFB0AA75.jpeg

• Like 1