How many months after FUT is it safe to do scalp stretch exercises to improve laxity?

As the title asks, when is it safe to do scalp stretch exercises? After how many months? I have another FUT surgery after 10 months from my previous one. I want to make sure my laxity is at its best. 

Baldiee,

With due respect to Burnie, his advise is actually inaccurate.  The reason scalp exercises work is because you’re ultimately stretching the skin creating a temporary elasticity that can be beneficial for surgery because it allows the surgeon to take a larger strip. If your scar has not fully healed, there is definitely a risk of scar stretching.

Honestly, It’s advisable to wait at least a year before undergoing a second FUT hair transplant and thus, I would wait at least 10 to 12 months before starting scalp exercises and then another two months of doing exercises prior to undergoing surgery.  That said, if you are a slow grower, I would extend this time out to 18 months because a hair transplant can take longer to fully mature.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

1 hour ago, Rahal Hair Transplant said:

Baldiee,

With due respect to Burnie, his advise is actually inaccurate.  The reason scalp exercises work is because you’re ultimately stretching the skin creating a temporary elasticity that can be beneficial for surgery because it allows the surgeon to take a larger strip. If your scar has not fully healed, there is definitely a risk of scar stretching.

Honestly, It’s advisable to wait at least a year before undergoing a second FUT hair transplant and thus, I would wait at least 10 to 12 months before starting scalp exercises and then another two months of doing exercises prior to undergoing surgery.  That said, if you are a slow grower, I would extend this time out to 18 months because a hair transplant can take longer to fully mature.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant

but my next transplant is 10 months after the previous one. So I should start scalp exercises on month 8?