Point to waiting for HT Innovations?

I was wondering if there’s any point to waiting a few years for a HT just generally. For example, there was talk about Verteporfin being able to lead to scarless hair transplants. Techniques such as FUE might continue to improve. Do you all see legitimacy in waiting for medical advances, and if so, how long?

5 hours ago, Fox243 said:

I was wondering if there’s any point to waiting a few years for a HT just generally. For example, there was talk about Verteporfin being able to lead to scarless hair transplants. Techniques such as FUE might continue to improve. Do you all see legitimacy in waiting for medical advances, and if so, how long?

FUE techniques imo are at a plateau and the current situations such that apart from perhaps a philosophy of doing hair transplants how the top doctors do them atm, i doubt much is going to change anytime soon. 

Vertaporfin is probably years away from getting FDA approval if at all and unless you're like 18-22 right now, i very much doubt most will be willing to wait it out for the possibility of advancements depending on your hair loss situation. Particularly if you are greater than a Norwood 3 and not able to style it well to mask any hair loss. 

Right now, if you chose a reputable clinic and doctor, it's probably as good as you will get. Things actually slipped backwards with the explosion of social media and these Horror Mills in Turkey, UK, Europe and the US etc. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, NARMAK said:

FUE techniques imo are at a plateau and the current situations such that apart from perhaps a philosophy of doing hair transplants how the top doctors do them atm, i doubt much is going to change anytime soon. 

Vertaporfin is probably years away from getting FDA approval if at all and unless you're like 18-22 right now, i very much doubt most will be willing to wait it out for the possibility of advancements depending on your hair loss situation. Particularly if you are greater than a Norwood 3 and not able to style it well to mask any hair loss. 

Right now, if you chose a reputable clinic and doctor, it's probably as good as you will get. Things actually slipped backwards with the explosion of social media and these Horror Mills in Turkey, UK, Europe and the US etc. 

yes I was wondering this too. So in ten years you don’t see a huge difference in the HT industry?

FUE has gotten a ton better in the last decade.  We simply can’t know what will happen in the future.

I suspect that the next improvements will mostly be techniques or post op treatments that allow for higher density survival of implanted grafts.

Check out my journey here:

12 hours ago, Fox243 said:

Doctors can use Verteporfin off label once the pig study comes out. Other advances such as hairclone may come out too, right? Or am I being too optimistic?

that would be illegal

1 minute ago, Mike10 said:

that would be illegal

No it’s not. Verteporfin has been FDA approved for 20 years. Anyways, doctors prescribe dutasteride and oral minoxidil off label as well and many of you are happy taking it, despite them not even being fda approved and the latter strongly discouraged by cardiologists. 

1 hour ago, Fox243 said:

No it’s not. Verteporfin has been FDA approved for 20 years. Anyways, doctors prescribe dutasteride and oral minoxidil off label as well and many of you are happy taking it, despite them not even being fda approved and the latter strongly discouraged by cardiologists. 

Tbf, the FDA isn't the world's eminent authority on medication approval and Japan as well as South Korea have approved Dutasteride for male pattern hair loss which is what gives it more legitimacy alongside the clinical studies. The manufacturer didn't pursue a patent probably because it wasn't seen as cost effective enough and could be used off label as it is, so they still made bank.