Addt'l Procedure Needed! frontal/mid scalp-possible shock loss??

1st procedure done over 10 years ago. Did not take Finasteride during or after as side effects were not good---as you can see hair loss has continued to progress behind the initial procedure which was ballpark the first 1" of my hairline, temple work and some filling in on the crown.

Concerns I have and was also brought up with my initial consult with Eugenix is that frontal and mid scalp is a candidate for shock loss especially with clients that are not currently on Finasteride. I also had inquired about donor farming (process of filling in scar line from previous strip surgery) and beard (middle center chin) and mustache (around the corners of my mouth is sparse).

Couple of questions for the group:

1) how much could shock loss potentially come into play as i try to add density to frontal and mid scalp areas?

2) would Finasteride if started now and procedure only a month or two from now help reduce this?

3) I am going to try Finasteride again--are there any solutions to the potential side affects? or other solutions to take other than Finasteride?

4) has anyone had a successful beard/mustache transplant? And  please confirm if you had beard hairs transplanted in the beard region or if you had beard hairs transplanted in the scalp

5) has anyone had successful donor farming to minimize the bare scar left from the strip surgery donor area?

Hair 3.jpg

Hair 1.jpg

Hair 2.jpg

• Administrators

Shock loss is almost certain with diffuse loss. Now, I would get on medication and give it a year. You might respond well. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.