Advice please, fresh over from r/tressless

TG92

I’ve reached the 6 month stage on treatment (fin, min and dermarolling), I’d like your thoughts on my progress so far, if I’m likely to see more and how many grafts I’d need for the hairline. Thanks! 191316EB-4417-4CDC-A8EE-CA40EDC98729.thumb.jpeg.2b05a6a7d934cd9de98e6d77fd017592.jpeg3452C5AA-9E40-4CB9-8E1F-A99189D65D97.thumb.jpeg.22ecd31cc3ebb2c66a1a83fd6e834244.jpeg

it's not working for your end-goal....maybe these methods are technically working, but all your hard work and focus is taking you from a NW5 to a "improved" NW4. 

I recommend a hair transplant if you wish to see tangible improvement in your hair restoration journey. 

• Valued Contributor

I would give finasteride (and minoxidil) a full year before evaluating on how much you are benefiting from it. Only then can you really ask yourself how many grafts, etc will I need approximately. Unfortunately patience is key in everything when it comes to hair loss.

7 hours ago, HappyMan2021 said:

it's not working for your end-goal....maybe these methods are technically working, but all your hard work and focus is taking you from a NW5 to a "improved" NW4. 

I recommend a hair transplant if you wish to see tangible improvement in your hair restoration journey. 

Thanks for the reply. Wow, that high on the NW scale? Maybe I’m in denial but going by the attached graphic I didn’t think it was a 5. F7256E16-72BD-4690-9C60-80137EE002A6.jpeg.0fa30ecba5df9097977cd2eb35bd8549.jpeg

8 minutes ago, ItHasToLookNatural said:

No that guy doesn't know what he's talking about. You're a nw 2.5/3

true he is not a NW5. But even if he is a NW 2.5 I wouldn't recommend microneedling over a transplant with his level of hairloss. 

The only guys who I see with success with microneedling on r/tressless are like 21 yr old NW 1.5s. 

OPs hairloss is not minimal enough for microneedling to regrow all the lost hair. 

6 hours ago, HappyMan2021 said:

true he is not a NW5. But even if he is a NW 2.5 I wouldn't recommend microneedling over a transplant with his level of hairloss. 

The only guys who I see with success with microneedling on r/tressless are like 21 yr old NW 1.5s. 

OPs hairloss is not minimal enough for microneedling to regrow all the lost hair. 

Thanks again, I am not thinking I’ll regrow much thanks dermarolling/microneedling but it’s just an addition to my ‘stack’. Every little helps. I know I’ll need a HT to see significant improvement. 

Just now, TG92 said:

That’s a relief! 

Yeh looks around Norwood 3 at present. Hope the med regime will help you retain what you have at present. Have you noticed any loss in the vertex/crown area? With your hair style and pic it’s difficult to tell. 

3 minutes ago, J.A.C said:

Yeh looks around Norwood 3 at present. Hope the med regime will help you retain what you have at present. Have you noticed any loss in the vertex/crown area? With your hair style and pic it’s difficult to tell. 

In certain light it looks thin on the crown but thankfully I think finasteride has worked well there. I always have my hair long too. I wouldn’t be spending money on grafts going there at this point. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TG92 said:

In certain light it looks thin on the crown but thankfully I think finasteride has worked well there. I always have my hair long too. I wouldn’t be spending money on grafts going there at this point. 

A wise approach, concentrating on the frontal third is a good way forward. Around 3-3.5k would be needed. But as @Gatsbymentioned, at least 12 months on the med regime, and then reassess the situation.