Eyebrow Transplant

7 hours ago, JoDimaggio22 said:

Had no idea wether this was hair loss related or cosmetic but decided I would post it here. Anyone ever had eyebrow transplant? Are there any doctors known for that? Where do they get the donor hair from?

We perform eyebrow transplantation. It comes under hair transplantation. The donor hair are taken from the nape of the neck. However, the eyebrow hair, after they have grown, have to be maintained by trimming them periodically.

You can inbox us your contact details and we could share examples of patients who have gone for eyebrow transplants with us.

Jodimaggio,

i’ve spoken to and have seen a number of eyebrow hair transplants over many years. Some have been satisfied with their procedure and others have not. I think those surgeons who specialize in eyebrow hair transplantation typically do a good job but keep in mind that unless body hair is used, there will be more maintenance with transplanted eyebrows than there would be   with natural ones.

Unlike natural eyebrows that grow only to a certain point and then stop, scalp hair continues to grow and transplanting scalp hair into the eyebrows means that you’ll have to trim them every so often to keep them looking the way you want.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant

• Like 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

4 hours ago, Rahal Hair Transplant said:

Jodimaggio,

i’ve spoken to and have seen a number of eyebrow hair transplants over many years. Some have been satisfied with their procedure and others have not. I think those surgeons who specialize in eyebrow hair transplantation typically do a good job but keep in mind that unless body hair is used, there will be more maintenance with transplanted eyebrows than there would be   with natural ones.

Unlike natural eyebrows that grow only to a certain point and then stop, scalp hair continues to grow and transplanting scalp hair into the eyebrows means that you’ll have to trim them every so often to keep them looking the way you want.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant

That’s half my question I guess where else can they get donor hair? I’d rather not use scalp hair honestly

13 hours ago, Rahal Hair Transplant said:

I have to trim my natural eyebrows anyway; some of the hairs continue to grow much longer than the others. Is that normal?

Jodimaggio,

Hair can also be taken from other places of the body including but not limited to the chest, back, legs, arms, etc. Believe it or not, pubic hair has been used as well under certain circumstances.  Now, whether or not any of this body hair can be used depends on patient physiology and a number of other factors.  Many people just don’t have enough body hair that would be viable for using for transplanting   

The best thing to do is consult with several surgeons who perform eyebrow hair transplantation and express your concerns and ask for their advice.

best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

AlteredEgo,

It’s not unusual to have to trim your eyebrow hair as some hairs may grow longer than others. But what I’m referring to regarding eyebrow hair transplantation is hair continuing to grow at great lengths without stopping so they must be regularly trimmed.  That’s why using body hair might be better than using scalp hair however this may not always be feasible as described above.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant