Oral minoxidil daily dosage ?

Whipaway

II just hit my one month mark on oral minoxidil and I'm starting off small at 1.25 mg daily. After 6 months I will try to increase to 2.5 mg daily and after a year I will maybe go up to 5 mg daily. 

I'm scared about the minoxidil shed so I started off extremely small to try to avoid it. 

From my own experience , alongside from what I have seen from others who have documented their experiences, and what recommending doctors such as Bisanga say -  5mg is where you need to be, to get results - however I think there is a correlation to the dose with your body weight - and I really do think easing your way up to that dosage is both sensible and effective in avoiding adverse effects.

I am fortunate enough to have experienced no negative side effects this far, however I think the starting low strategy, and splitting 5mg into 2x 2.5mg dosages, over a 12hr period may have contributed towards this.

On 3/22/2022 at 7:46 PM, Whipaway said:

I’m interested  to know what dosage of oral minoxidil do most folk use ? 
Have many folk started low and built up or likewise started in a high dose and felt a need to reduce . 

Hello guys,

Do check out the link below to learn the recommended dosage of minoxidil and its application. 

I'm 2.5 weeks into oral minoxidl (1.25mg per day) and had comments the veins under my eyes are more visible... Anyone else had this? They were visible before I started, looking at my post op pics (I started a few weeks after transplant).

On 3/22/2022 at 6:23 PM, Curious25 said:

Started on 2.5mg daily for the first 6 weeks, then upped it to 5mg daily (2.5mg morning and noon) . . . I’m coming up to my 4 month mark this week, and can see noticeable improvement. 

Sounds promising. Is it overall thickening ? Any new hairs ? 

6 hours ago, Whipaway said:

Sounds promising. Is it overall thickening ? Any new hairs ? 

I think a combination of both. 

My bro science theory as to how it works from my own anecdotal experience, is that at doses of 5mg, it just seems to give super strength to existing areas of hair on your body, as opposed to growing copious amounts of new hair in new places (although I think this is possible too, however nothing cosmetically terrifying). Which makes sense - because hair on your head is the only hair that is affected by miniaturisation, therefore look at it like this; 

It will make your chest hair for example grow faster, and thicker. 

It will do the same to your scalp hair - however this is more impactful, because it effectively repairs the damaged (miniaturised) hair, therefore the cosmetic difference is most significant in this area.