Day 18 post-op.. haircut? Shock loss?

Evening. 

I’m on day 18 of recovering after my HT that took place on 2/22. I’d like to get a haircut of the donor area, but wasn’t sure it this is reasonable at this point. 

also, is it possible to get shock loss in an area of your head that wasn’t touched during the procedure? I’m experiencing some thinning or complete  hair loss in a small area around my temple. I had around 20 grafts transplanted a couple inches above this, but nothing in the area. I’ll attach a picture and circle the area. I thought shock loss commonly took place 1-2 months after the HT.. is 18 days too early for this? 

thanks!

6F1E54A5-424C-4AC0-8ADE-D154E0DB4998.jpeg

8 hours ago, JoeMan said:

Where did you go for your HT? Can you share post operative pictures? 

Yes, I created a post in the review section covering everything. I tagged you in it a couple weeks ago, I think. Dr. Haber in Ohio.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JoeMan said:

Did you just start taking finasteride? I believe it can cause some shedding in the early months. Honestly I'm not sure what else will cause this. Possibly stress? Did you reach out to your Dr? 

@Melvin- Moderator has more experience I'm sure. Have you seen this before? 

I got back on oral fin about 3 weeks ago. I was off it for some time. What’s the time frame when I should expect to see shock loss, if I get it? 

This could be the reason but honestly I'm not sure. Have you reached out to your Dr about this? If it's from finasteride I believe the hair should regrow almost immediately. I'm pretty sure that whatever is going on should be temporary. I'm not a Dr by any means though so if you haven't already, I'd contact your Dr.