Scabs fallen off on day 7, should I be worried?

I was gently washing my hair and massaging the scabs, I then realised pretty much all of my scabs had fallen off! It is only day 7 which seems really early, should I be worried?

For some extra information some of the scabs had hairs in them, there was NO blood, no pain or discomfort and my scalp doesn’t look very red.

Thank you in advance.

Edited by Zigler

Zigler,

Actually, that’s quite normal. In fact, I’ve heard some hair transplant patients  claim that they’ve worked the scabs off around 4 to 5 days. So 7 to 10 days is pretty average.  As long as you weren’t picking at the scabs or the transplanted hair with your fingernails over the first couple days and you didn’t dislodge any grafts early on, you’re fine.  Note that losing a graft would be followed by blood and a bit of pain.   It’s highly unlikely that you did this but I just wanted to cover all the bases.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

50 minutes ago, Rahal Hair Transplant said:

Zigler,

Actually, that’s quite normal. In fact, I’ve heard some hair transplant patients  claim that they’ve worked the scabs off around 4 to 5 days. So 7 to 10 days is pretty average.  As long as you weren’t picking at the scabs or the transplanted hair with your fingernails over the first couple days and you didn’t dislodge any grafts early on, you’re fine.  Note that losing a graft would be followed by blood and a bit of pain.   It’s highly unlikely that you did this but I just wanted to cover all the bases.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant

I enjoy reading all your comments, you offer a lot great comforting opinions

6 hours ago, Rahal Hair Transplant said:

Zigler,

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant

Thank you so much for letting me know. I feel more relaxed already.