What things do you recommend that are not listed that is helpful to note?

I have scheduled a procedure with HLC (in Ankara, Turkey) this summer and I was wondering what types of things would you guys recommend that I do/need prior to going there or need when there? Any suggestions in terms of traveling the area? Does Turkey still need a negative PCR test as of 03/03/2022? I know some airlines have stopped requiring this but if anyone knows anything that I do not it would be very helpful.

For example:

-I heard that people should bring button shirts that you do not need to lift over your head.

- Your own neck pillow for when you sleep,

- melatonin to help sleep (not sure if this will interfere with the HT or not)

Questions I have: can I wear a surgical cap after my hair transplant or a boater hat (the straw hat type of design) without damaging the grafts? How did you hide your procedure during the flight back? Also, do you have any recommendations for your growth phase that is beneficial to do?

I am sure that there are people in the clinic that I can ask but I would also like to hear the opinions of peoples experiences. 

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

6 hours ago, Vann said:

I have scheduled a procedure with HLC (in Ankara, Turkey) this summer and I was wondering what types of things would you guys recommend that I do/need prior to going there or need when there? Any suggestions in terms of traveling the area? Does Turkey still need a negative PCR test as of 03/03/2022? I know some airlines have stopped requiring this but if anyone knows anything that I do not it would be very helpful.

For example:

-I heard that people should bring button shirts that you do not need to lift over your head.

- Your own neck pillow for when you sleep,

- melatonin to help sleep (not sure if this will interfere with the HT or not)

Questions I have: can I wear a surgical cap after my hair transplant or a boater hat (the straw hat type of design) without damaging the grafts? How did you hide your procedure during the flight back? Also, do you have any recommendations for your growth phase that is beneficial to do?

I am sure that there are people in the clinic that I can ask but I would also like to hear the opinions of peoples experiences. 

The clinic will usually advise you to bring button shirts for the day of procedure but you should probably use them for the first week or so. Just trying to take as much precaution against touching the grafts as possible until they are firmly anchored in. 

Your neck pillow should be a high quality and large size so you don't accidentally end up sleeping on your donor area and recipient. Also make sure it's maybe of a memory foam construction. 

I'll let others chime in who have actually been through their hair transplants but @Melvin- Moderatorhas put together a series of videos for people on YouTube for the Hair Restoration channels. 

• Like 1