Donor area minoxidil? Scabbing, and more…

Good Morning all!

Wondering if you all apply minoxidil to your scalp and donor areas or just scalp? I know it’s less effective or designed to be applied to the crown, but I’ve always applied it to the hairline as well. Do you guys apply it all over?

also, I have some scabbing on my donor area. Today is day 9 of my HT. Should I begin rubbing them off tomorrow, day 10, like the recipient area? I plan on letting them all fall off on their own until day 12-13 and then gently massaging them off. Can anyone explain the whole “conditioner” sitting on your scalp trick for me, and when I should begin that?

I’m sure I’ll think of more questions as the day goes on.. lol. I’ll add my 9 day HT pics to the comments. 

Coverdale,

There’s no need to apply minoxidil to the donor area as any shocked hair will regrow on it’s own and the extracted follicles will not grow back regardless of what you apply to it.  Similar to the recipient area, you can work off the scabs in the donor area as well.  Just don’t pick at them with your nails and even though you’re not concerned about protecting transplanted hair in the donor area, you should still be gentle and massage the scabs with your fingertips to work them off carefully.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

• Like 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.