SMP/FUE for high norwoods?

Hey all,

I was thinking about this the other day, eager to hear your thoughts.

For those destined to be high NW's, i.e. 6/7, what are peoples thoughts about getting FUE dispersed mostly up front, and general coverage everywhere else - and then getting SMP all over?

Does anyone know if this creates a sort of illusion for a buzzed look?

Not in this stage yet myself, but thought it could be an option if all fails

• Moderators

The one that pops into my head is @azza786 who basically did this after several hair transplants that left him with very little hair all over. See below. You can go to page 5 to see the SMP results

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

4 hours ago, BeHappy said:

The one that pops into my head is @azza786 who basically did this after several hair transplants that left him with very little hair all over. See below. You can go to page 5 to see the SMP results

Hi, 

I am in that very situation you have talked off. Yes it can work if you feel it is something you would be okay with. Good to have hair blended with SMP.. probs the most realistic way to go. 

3608 grafts with dr h.rahal, june 2007

1623 grafts- dr h. rahal, november 2008

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website