Day 3 of HT - thoughts and feelings

Super excited about what’s to come, but also super anxious and don’t want to wait, lol. Not all of my swelling has subsided but I do have a question about it… I have itching in my scalp in certain areas where it feels as though there’s movement or almost feels like a bug is crawling around under the skin, lol. Is this a sign of the swelling and fluids moving, the hair doing something, or something else?

also, does everyone experience shedding of the implanted hairs, or is it only most?

4 minutes ago, Coverdale said:

Super excited about what’s to come, but also super anxious and don’t want to wait, lol. Not all of my swelling has subsided but I do have a question about it… I have itching in my scalp in certain areas where it feels as though there’s movement or almost feels like a bug is crawling around under the skin, lol. Is this a sign of the swelling and fluids moving, the hair doing something, or something else?

also, does everyone experience shedding of the implanted hairs, or is it only most?

I ask because most of the things I’ve read say the donor area is the itchiest, and for me it’s the transplant area 

This feeling is likely due to the nerves being disrupted. It will subside and eventually go away. Everyone is different when it comes to hairs shedding but I'd say it's more common than not for most hairs to shed. 

What clinic did you go to? Can you post pictures? 

28 minutes ago, JoeMan said:

This feeling is likely due to the nerves being disrupted. It will subside and eventually go away. Everyone is different when it comes to hairs shedding but I'd say it's more common than not for most hairs to shed. 

What clinic did you go to? Can you post pictures? 

Dr. Haber in Ohio. I made a post in another topic but I’ll go make one now with a full update in the experiences topic 

• Like 1

It is indeed the related to severed nerves, swelling, inflammation, and the overall healing process that is taking place...I just recommended the use of an enriched aloe vera cream on a previous thread for someone experiencing the same post-op sensations...I think you will find it to be very helpful. 

• Thanks 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY