Almost 5 years on minoxidil

1.3 years on oral fin

8-9 months keto 2% and dermarolling

What do you guys think? Open on recommendations

received_3095520460722513.jpeg

received_4873721679360241.jpeg

received_672737070438829.jpeg

received_469101438035790.jpeg

Firstly, credit to you for maintaining a routine of Minoxodil for near 5 years and also starting Finasteride 13 months ago. 

How often is your application of both? 

Now, the pictures may be be under harsh lighting, but you look like you are still having issues and potentially suffering from diffuse thinning. You could potentially try switching some days of Finasteride if used every day to taking a Dutasteride instead and it could help, but be prepared for a shedding phase to crop up if it does help. 

Also, maybe adding Microneedling into the mix with a Derma Pen might help boost your results further and help with that diffuse thinning if you are maybe using a roller instead if you aren't already. 

Where are you scheduled for your hair transplant? That's also the most important part of all this and what are your goals and expectations for this hair transplant? 

I agree about your age being quite young. You might want to wait a few more years, which i 100% know feels like a lifetime in your 20s, as a guy just recently(ish) at that point a decade ago. 

Edited by NARMAK
  • Like 1

Diffused thinning.  Unfortunately you have not posted photos of your sides and back.  First thing I would do is let your hair grow for 7-10 days and see if the hair shingles.  2nd, I would get consider all medical modalities to help you retain and perhaps enhance the native hair.  (Propecia, Rogaine, PRP, Laser).  I would do them for a good year as it does take this time period to confirm what exactly this will do.  In the meantime, and if you do want to create the illusion of more density, I would consider SMP.  This would buy you some time.

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

Minoxidil is once per day (every day)

Fin is 0.7 4 times/week planning to move on getting it everyday

Dermarolling 1.5mm once every week

Keto twice per week

Not sure if i can go for dut since its expensive in my country and really hard to find. I didnt schedule anything yet. About my expectations: since i got some hair. I hope i can make a hairline filling temples and add some density to the half front so in the future i may be able to go for a second one

13 minutes ago, acaysa said:

Minoxidil is once per day (every day)

Fin is 0.7 4 times/week planning to move on getting it everyday

Dermarolling 1.5mm once every week

Keto twice per week

Not sure if i can go for dut since its expensive in my country and really hard to find. I didnt schedule anything yet. About my expectations: since i got some hair. I hope i can make a hairline filling temples and add some density to the half front so in the future i may be able to go for a second one

Definitely try to increase to 1mg/day for Finasteride and see if the increased dosage helps. The rest of your routines spot on but is it a Derma Pen or Derma roller? Apparently a Derma pen is a bit more effective. 

Which country are you from? 

9 minutes ago, acaysa said:

Got these photos right now. Hope they help

IMG_20220223_232744.jpg

IMG_20220223_232725.jpg

IMG_20220223_232720.jpg

IMG_20220223_232713.jpg

IMG_20220223_232707.jpg

You need to hold off any hair transplant for a while bud. Besides thinning as a potential issue on the top, the sides and donor area near the bottom looks like Retrograde Alopecia which is something that will make it harder for you to get enough quality grafts. 

I would say to wait a couple of years to get to 25+, and save up to visit somebody who knows what they're doing and is from the recommended list. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, acaysa said:

Honestly, believe me when i say its the last thing i ever want to do, but this forums about helping people and that sometimes means saying the tough things and making the right recommendations before you end up at some horror mill in Turkey etc. and have your donor area destroyed and not get the result you wanted. 

As a guy that's been where you are mentally about his hair loss, i know what it's like and how desperately we want it resolved. Even more when you feel like you spent near 5 years using Minoxidil to try treat it which is why you already have my respect. 

However, being sensible and not rushing something you might end up living with for your entire life and not being happy. 

Consider that if you wait a little, change things up and save. You probably will be a LOT more happy getting the right hair transplant at 25+.

7 minutes ago, acaysa said:

Anout the retrograde alopecia, how bad does it look like from a scale 1-10?

It's difficult for me to say as i'm no expert but hopefully others can chime in. Just as a heads up to be transparent, it doesn't mean you can't get a hair transplant. Melvin on here has some retrograde alopecia and has had like 4 but yours is over the ears and bottom of your neck looking like it's reduced the possible donor area. Even if that zone is typically considered outside the safe area. 

I don't think a HT in the crown area would make much of an improvement as there is still a fair amount in there.

I would try to hold out for another couple of years and maybe throw in DUT if you are total sides free on Fin.  If that works out fine then a relatively conservative frontal FUE could be the way forward.  2000 grafts, something like that.

You can basically see where your 'safest' donor area is and it's a bit narrower because of the retrograde.  So you want to use it sparingly.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day