Post op wounds, infections.

Eff Brown

15 days post op. 5500 graft FUE. Turkish Surgeon says at this stage to stop antibiotics ( I have been taking them since day 1 until today ), stop medical shampoo and foam, to wash it every 2 days with isotonic water and see a dermatologist asap. Seing one next Monday in Atlanta.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JC71 said:

Which clinic was this ? Damn dude 5.5k is so many to do in one session. Really hope you can get it treated, Dr/Nurse can help too. 

Asli Tarcan. Probably one of the most dangerous clinics in all of Turkey. She has no medical background whatsoever yet when she knows she's being filmed she plants the grafts. Completely illegal and unethical.

Edited by Melvin- Moderator
Removed pictures
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Just now, Eff Brown said:

The clinic was Asli Tarcan. A traumatic journey.I mean how rude and unprofessional. They insisted I had ozone injections and PRM the same day.

So sorry 😞 these guys are absolutely awful, how’s your donor area looking ? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JovsGata said:

Asli Tarcan. Probably one of the most dangerous clinics in all of Turkey. She has no medical background whatsoever yet when she knows she's being filmed she plants the grafts. Completely illegal and unethical.

Yup, had to be with those kind of huge graft numbers 😢 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eff Brown said:

I just added my donor area pics!

you are right! That’s what I am trying to stay focused on but yet, remords, remords…

What’s done is done, it’s unfortunate but there’s no going back. So for now focus on getting your scalp to improve… at a later date you can see how it grows in… 

• Like 1

Have you shown these pics to any docs back at home in the U.S. yet, or are you waiting to see one in person?

It doesn't look great, sorry to say mate, but the biggest concern for now is addressing the infection in the recipient as others have already said.

• Like 2

Just be prepared that your donor area could be over harvested and also your quite likely going to see some shock loss. With huge numbers like that in one session, both of these are likely. I’m giving you the heads up now so it’s not a shock later on. The shock loss will improve, any over harvesting will not. 

• Like 3

Yeah, I can tell you now the donor has been over-harvested and that it's not just shock-loss as the sparse area is uniform across the whole extraction zone with a clear outline or wall of hair between thick and sparse hair all the way around. It will improve somewhat as time goes on, and hopefully won't look too bad, but you're going to have a fairly clear disparity between the areas hair was taken from and where it wasn't even when it's fully healed. 

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, I feel for you, but on the bright side it might still grow in well, you just need to get to the bottom of those wounds ASAP.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JDEE0 said:

Yeah, I can tell you now the donor has been over-harvested and that it's not just shock-loss as the sparse area is uniform across the whole extraction zone with a clear outline or wall of hair between thick and sparse hair all the way around. It will improve somewhat as time goes on, and hopefully won't look too bad, but you're going to have a fairly clear disparity between the areas hair was taken from and where it wasn't even when it's fully healed. 

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, I feel for you, but on the bright side it might still grow in well, you just need to get to the bottom of those wounds ASAP.

Yes now I see the pics, definitely over harvested/shock loss and it’s not a good extraction pattern in general 😞

2 minutes ago, Eff Brown said:

I will keep you guys posted and please look at the pic I just uploaded. I washed it with isotonic water but I have not applied betadine yet. So you can see without the red product.

👍🏽 This will Improve over the next week, keep at it 👍🏽And see that medical professional as soon as ! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1