1 Week Post Op thoughts!

growmehair

Hey everyone!

Thanks for all the nice messages i recieved. I am now 1 week post op and have started developing valleys. Few things i might have done differently...

Maybe gotten my hair cut/shortened. My hair is long now, I haven't cut it for about 2 months now. Applying Vitamin E and shampoo is such a hassle! The hair keep covering recipient area and i have to be very careful as to how i take them off. I am very tempted to use the machine and buzz the hair off but am too scared about affecting recipient area. The hair is a mess and sticky from the Vitamin E cream...ahhh....

Taken time off for a few weeks. I have to wear the surgical cap everyday while going to school. People (especially immature students) stare. I just wanna scream out that this is not a fashion statement or religious wear I HAD SURGERY!

My donor area has started to become more senstive now and i will keep an eye on that. But overall not too bad...it is manageable if i had pre planned it more icon_frown.gif

Hey everyone!

Thanks for all the nice messages i recieved. I am now 1 week post op and have started developing valleys. Few things i might have done differently...

Maybe gotten my hair cut/shortened. My hair is long now, I haven't cut it for about 2 months now. Applying Vitamin E and shampoo is such a hassle! The hair keep covering recipient area and i have to be very careful as to how i take them off. I am very tempted to use the machine and buzz the hair off but am too scared about affecting recipient area. The hair is a mess and sticky from the Vitamin E cream...ahhh....

Taken time off for a few weeks. I have to wear the surgical cap everyday while going to school. People (especially immature students) stare. I just wanna scream out that this is not a fashion statement or religious wear I HAD SURGERY!

My donor area has started to become more senstive now and i will keep an eye on that. But overall not too bad...it is manageable if i had pre planned it more icon_frown.gif

I have to wear the surgical cap everyday while going to school. People (especially immature students) stare. I just wanna scream out that this is not a fashion statement or religious wear I HAD SURGERY!

a bandana might not look as silly.... just an idea... good luck man and good growing.

*** RESULTS WILL 100%, without a DOUBT, VARY***

Dont let people looking at the hat bother you. I actually never really noticed too many people looking at my blue surgical hat. I figured most people are worried about themselves too much to care if I have a surgical hat on. icon_smile.gif

Have you spoke to the doctor about when and how you can cut your hair?

In 1 more week you can get the sutures out. That was a key point for me because it allowed me to sleep better. icon_smile.gif

I wish you the best of luck with everything! icon_smile.gif

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

People are just looking because you look different. Think about it... if you saw some dude with a surgical cap on, wouldn't you take a look. Young people are just extra curious as they haven't experienced as much yet. But you can be sure that they aren't judging you... just being curious...

And sure why not scream.. well, maybe not scream but say - "yup, that's right.. just had surgery - they say they got most of the tumor this time." And if she's hot, tell her it's affecting your arm motion and if she can give you a hand after class it would be great... work it to your advantange...