Longevita Honest Review Please

m_mm

Hi Guys,

I am a 27 year old male with NW-7 hair loss pattern. I generally do a good job covering my hair up with hair building fibers but am looking for a more permanent fix. I spent weeks researching online and came across 2 clinics which caught my attention. Longevita and IdeaofMed. Both gave me detailed over the phone Q&A and provided prices; Longevita 1350 euro for 3500 grafts and IdeaofMed 2650 euro for 3500 grafts. While I am skeptical why there is 1000 euro difference in the price, I've researched on TrustPilot, Google Reviews and Hair Restoration Network for honest reviews. I only came across a few people posting actual results from Longevita which looked really good at the 6 and 12 month point.

I was wondering if anyone has honest review of Longevita as I have recently paid my deposit. My operation date is May 27th, 2022. If you've been to Longevita what was your operation day like and the day after.

Greatly appreciated!

• Sad 1

Longevita are “middle men” and you will basically end up having a procedure performed with a random tech team in a random setting. They can and do change the setting on the day of the procedure. They might mention a Dr but that will also change or you won’t see one at all. At best they will draw on the hairline. 
Aim higher, and at the very least a known and skilled Dr who will be overseeing and taking part in actually performing the procedure. The incision/channel opening step should always be done by a Dr. 

4 minutes ago, JC71 said:

For example:

I appreciate the quick response, I read this one and the other one done with the same "surgeon" on Hair Restoration Network. It seems odd to go from one side of the spectrum to the other which is why i'm trying to find more info. I've only paid the deposit which I'm not concerned about if i have to cancel the operation but does anyone have more information or Longevita or IdeaofMed?

9 minutes ago, m_mm said:

I appreciate the quick response, I read this one and the other one done with the same "surgeon" on Hair Restoration Network. It seems odd to go from one side of the spectrum to the other which is why i'm trying to find more info. I've only paid the deposit which I'm not concerned about if i have to cancel the operation but does anyone have more information or Longevita or IdeaofMed?

The major issue here is that it won’t be the same Dr or Tech team, every person will get a different experience. I have had experience and seen results from both of these over the last 12 years, i would not recommend either. 
What you need is Dr/Clinic which is putting out consistent/reliable results. Here is the forum recommended list for Turkey:

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/surgeon-list/TKY/Turkey

No one in this forum will recommend you either of these two hair mills. There are more chances your head getting butchered at a hair mill than getting bald. Basically you'll be paying them to waste your donor resource. After that you would be paying way much more to get a repair done by an elite doctor. You need to do much more research about hair transplants. Never go for cheap. Your precious grafts once wasted won't grow back. Look up the forum recommended doctors and their results and save up for who you would like to choose.

Edited by Drish
  • Like 1

Apart from Dr Bicer + Dr Yaman, you could consider HLC, Dr Keser & Dr Demirsoy. All of those choices are infinitely better and they include 1 or few patients per day and the named Dr doing the work.

Please don’t put your scalp in the hands of a unknown quantity! It never ends well. 

Edited by JC71

To be honest if you are only 27 and have Norwood 7 loss already then you really need to be considering someone like Eugenix/Hattingen or Hasson & Wong.

Unless your on Fin/Minox to retain what you have then you will fast run out of donor hair, how’s your beard ? Without pics It’s difficult to judge on how to best go forward. But that’s incredibly aggressive loss if your already at a 6/7.

Donor management is key here. Mess up going to a hair mill and it’s game over… 😕

Edited by JC71

Beard is strong and well.

I appreciate the quick responses but have to admit that I am skeptical still but will take everything into consideration before I make my final decision.

I do have family in Turkey and know people that have gone to Longevita with good results. I just find it odd that there is minimal people talking about it on this forum besides 1-2 really bad reviews which are detailed. I'm more worried that I cant find anything on IdeaofMed which is odd since they seemed legit during my 2 hour consultation. 

Through the various reddit forums I've read and see 12 month results of Longevita I was pretty happy to see good results but wanted to get more information on this forum as well.

I'm not looking for someone to tell me to go or not to go but honest advice which is unfiltered and has facts to support it.

I attached my hair photos; i generally use hair building fibers and cover it up amazing.

WhatsApp Image 2022-02-07 at 8.05.14 AM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-02-07 at 8.05.13 AM (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-02-07 at 8.05.13 AM.jpeg

The facts are that longevita is a middle man, it’s always best to go direct to a clinic yourself. What your doing is looking at someone that you don’t know who will be performing the hair transplant, so it’s a massive risk. They mostly use tech teams only, so there is no way of knowing what your result might be.

The reason we recommend particular Drs is that we know what to expect from them and their clinics. At last count I think I have helped around 8 people seek repairs after having a procedure through Longevita, all had a different tech team, and from memory only 2 even saw a Dr.. these people were too embarrassed to show or speak openly on the forum. This happens often from hair mills. They will come here and PM us or post a review and then ask for it to be removed/deleted.

Edited by JC71
  • Like 1

You are definitely a defuse thinner, but not necessarily a NW7. You may stop around NW6. 

That said, these two clinics aren't promising. You have limited donor and need a doctor that can manage that. In North America, Dr. Konior or H&W are your best bet. In India, Eugenix. In Europe, I really like Couta, Bisanga, and Ferreria. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Z-- said:

You are definitely a defuse thinner, but not necessarily a NW7. You may stop around NW6. 

That said, these two clinics aren't promising. You have limited donor and need a doctor that can manage that. In North America, Dr. Konior or H&W are your best bet. In India, Eugenix. In Europe, I really like Couta, Bisanga, and Ferreria. 

Agreed. I was looking and also thinking Dr Zarev… 

• Like 1

Just now, JC71 said:

Agreed. I was looking and also thinking Dr Zarev… 

Oof. Can't believe I'd forgotten him! Great reminder - thanks, JC. He and Couto are notoriously difficult to get in touch with haha. 

• Haha 1

• Administrators

I would definitely not go to a hair mill, Eugenix lower package with Dr. Priya costs $1.61 per graft, verified results here. 

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

The fact that you are on here talking about it shows that you are doing some research beforehand, which is great. I'm fairly new to this forum but if you look around enough, a bad result doesn't look fun. You will likely be shameful of your decision and covering up your head. Looking for a repair will not be easy. Most Dr's will make you wait 10 months just to evaluate your final results and then most have almost a year wait for surgery. The financial risk is high as well since a repair will likely cost more. Turkey is full of hair mills and scams to make you feel at ease. The only Dr I'd consider in Turkey is Dr. Biçer but they do have a few others as mentioned by others. 

Cheapest Dr is not what you should be looking for. 

Where are you from? 

I think Dr. Pinto in Portugal is a great value at 2.6€ per graft.

• Like 2

Also if you're looking for facts to support your decision to not go to a hair mill, the fact is that you found 2 bad detailed cases on here. The only 2 on here which says a lot. The other clinic you said you couldn't find anything. These are big red flags if you ask me. 

Good luck with your decision

• Like 2

Just now, JoeMan said:

Also if you're looking for facts to support your decision to not go to a hair mill, the fact is that you found 2 bad detailed cases on here. The only 2 on here which says a lot. The other clinic you said you couldn't find anything. These are big red flags if you ask me. 

Good luck with your decision

Exactly this. 👍🏽

I have always said that HRN is the only forum that does not compromise (money) with clinics, if you have found 2 negative testimonials on one of these two clinics it is not said that they have not done other damage, but it may be that the unfortunate patients, either did not publish their experience or even published it on other forums which then, under high remuneration from these pseudo clinics, deleted their threads.  Listen to the advice given above, lose your deposit and stay here looking for a good clinic / surgeon recommended here.

• Like 2

• Administrators

You should keep in mind, some of the reviews on Reddit may be from the clinic. Reviews here show progression from month to month, it will be very difficult to fake reviews here. 

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Just now, Melvin- Moderator said:

You should keep in mind, some of the reviews on Reddit may be from the clinic. Reviews here show progression from month to month, it will be very difficult to fake reviews here. 

Yes, and this community is very good at calling out anything suspicious ! 

• Like 1

I appreciate everyone’s support but i only found 2 negative in tots and to quote JC71 I’ve found numerous Reddit threads and a few on this platform that have shown with pictures good results. 

it’s odd to hear negative after negative review with no clear evidence besides pointing me to other forums. I posted because I wanted honest not biased. 

When you say “hair mill” .. it’s odd because they only do 2 surgeries a day from what my friend who went to this clinic told me… his results were amazing. I may be playing devils advocate but it’s odd when I get such aggressive negative responses. Again I appreciate that everyone is taking time but with all the misinformation on social media it’s odd when I head aggressive negative or positive.

No I don’t trust Trustpiolt or Google reviews because they are altered that’s why I came to this forum but now I’m questioning where the biases came from.. if there is only 1 long thread saying bad results.

if there are 10+ people you have helped JC7 please connect me with them or show a photo… I’d love to see it for my own eyes. I have a few months before my operation so I’d like as much information as possible.