Dr. Bicer hair transplant - 08/02/2022

RP1995

Hey,

I’d been looking into the possibility of having a hair transplant for a number of years after noticing I started balding at around 22. This begun with the front hairline thinning and receding and then the top thinning also. Using this forum, amongst other sources, I discovered Dr.Bicer based in Istanbul.  

After going through the process of checking other hair transplant clinics in both the U.K. and Turkey, I believed Dr.Bicers to be the best option after seeing both the amazing results of some of her patients, the fact she is involved in every single surgery (and only has one client a day) and also the relative affordability of the transplant (especially compared to the U.K.). Not only this but Dr.Bicers qualifications and accreditation’s in the industry gave me comfort in her expertise too.

After a discussion with her assistant, Ozen, and a online consultation with Dr.Bicer, we discussed a potential hair transplant, how many grafts etc. And I decided to book the surgery. The initial interactions began in October and I booked to fly out to Istanbul for the transplant in early Feb (8th) 2022.

Here is a little about my experience, which overall was absolutely fantastic, and I couldn’t fault Dr.Bicer or her team at all. The surgery went incredibly smoothly - and virtually painless - whilst Dr.Bicers and her teams hospitality made me incredibly comfortable throughout the whole journey from start to finish. Here’s a little on the journey.

Day 1:

I travelled to the clinic to visit the team. We stayed a little further a field from the clinic so had to get taxis. I’d suggest booking cabs for your days at the surgery as they could be a little difficult to get on Uber (you wouldn’t want any unnecessary stress on the day). We travelled to meet the team and they were fantastic, really accommodating and friendly and gave a great detail on the process of the surgery. I then signed my final forms for the surgery and had my blood collected for the next day.

Day 2:

Surgery day. I travelled to the clinic and sat down to discuss how the surgery would go again with the team. They were again very friendly and made it a lot more comforting. I was of course nervous, but spoke to a guy who was in for his check-up having had the surgery the day before. This definitely made me less nervous too. We had a consultation and Dr.Bicer drew my hairline on herself consulting me if I was happy with this. Then her assistants shaved my hair and we were ready for theatre. Dr.Bicer also noticed slight dermatitis on my scalp and was able to suggest some medication to treat this also.

The whole experience, the a long day, was virtually painless throughout. Bar the Dr.s team applying the anaesthetic, I felt no pain or discomfort at all, and even nodded off at one point. The surgery of course went on for a long time, and I was a tad restless by the end, but all in all the whole experience was virtually painless. I was very comforted by the fact Dr.Bicer created the insertions all by herself, as this is the most important part of the surgery. I know this is rare in Istanbul, and Dr.Bicers clinic is one of few to actually offer this done by a trained Dr.

One part of the surgery day that really showcased the teams hospitality I thought was the lunch. You were offered any food from local restaurant/takeaway you wanted. I was expecting crappy hospital food so this was a nice surprise, and showcased how important they take hospitality at the clinic.

I left the surgery about 6:30pm and it was raining. Dr.Bicers team even called a taxi for me and ensured it came right up to the door so that I did not have to step out in the rain.

Day 3:

I went back to the clinic for a check-in the day after my surgery. I wasn’t too tired from the surgery day, and frankly slept pretty well the night of my surgery. I usually cannot sleep only my back, but using the travel pillow they gave me, it was pretty comfortable to sleep.

The check-in involved looking over my scalp to ensure it all looked okay, cleaning the back after removing the dressing and taking a few photos of the work (which I have attached here).

I then even spent the day walking round Istanbul seeing the sights before travelling home - I felt no pain or fatigue at all and was just advised to be incredibly careful.

I am now one week post- hair transplant.

The week after has been relatively easy to deal with, bar ensuring you remember to take all of your medication at the right time, and being incredibly careful with your head generally and through the washing stages of your hair, it has been easy to deal with.

I experienced slight swelling of my face on day 3/4 post surgery, but it really was not too painful at all, and easy to deal with. I’d advise anyone that it really is not a painful or discomforting experience and well worth it.

I would 100% recommend Dr.Bicer on my journey so far, having had the surgery and now one week post-op. Of course I am awaiting to see the results of this, but so far I am incredibly happy with the service and surgery and professionalism of the team. It’s been a 5-star treatment so far.

Posting my one week photos too, and will try and post fairly regularly updates on this to showcase how it looks.

I had 3150 grafts to the front of the head. The back is slightly thin, but as I am still young (26) Dr.Bicer wanted to leave some grafts for a potential transplant in the future.

70C7B0A6-59C6-4CB8-BD9D-255D4B497ED0.jpeg

ACCB9C88-319C-40E7-8BD7-B50EDABD7A28.jpeg

D3A7D3F6-FC0E-42DA-8C4E-ACC511B01823.jpeg

CA57C9B4-C4A8-4026-9C50-30FE425E365C.jpeg

68069A1E-A305-4890-967D-46F44AA8CEF7.jpeg

3F26DC3A-F00F-475B-BF5C-144138E4D95A.jpeg

ADFB2519-6B9F-4212-A977-FE0B67544912.jpeg

D4982C0E-177A-4262-8089-D5ECC35F0586.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...