Turkey

Fireblade

Hi all, 

I was advised to look at this forum for advice regarding clinics in Turkey, but when I look for recommended clinics there are only two.. Seems weird that only two would be qualified for recommendation as there are so many. And neither of them are doing DHI. Any advice of how to find reviews and recommendations for DHI in Turkey?

All the best! /Charlotte

Hi Charlotte, 

I've been researching for a good number of months now properly.

the top docs in turkey are Bicer, erdogan and HLC i believe...

You need to do lots of research as you already know! there are so many forums and to be completely honest, different clinics are advertised on diff forums (you probably know why but if not Message me and ill tell you why I think that is)

Dr Yaman is meant to be a good doc too (i think hes in turkey) however when I spoke to his advisor via whatsapp he told me to just book the flights and they can work around me which was very confusing so thats on my avoid list

5 hours ago, aKaWonderKid said:

Hi Charlotte, 

I've been researching for a good number of months now properly.

the top docs in turkey are Bicer, erdogan and HLC i believe...

You need to do lots of research as you already know! there are so many forums and to be completely honest, different clinics are advertised on diff forums (you probably know why but if not Message me and ill tell you why I think that is)

Dr Yaman is meant to be a good doc too (i think hes in turkey) however when I spoke to his advisor via whatsapp he told me to just book the flights and they can work around me which was very confusing so thats on my avoid list

Hi there, thanks for input. I'll certainly check out the ones you mention. It's a jungle and I really don't know where to start. Doesn't matter how good the Dr is if it's not him/her doing the procedure - right..? 

12 hours ago, Fireblade said:

Hi all, 

I was advised to look at this forum for advice regarding clinics in Turkey, but when I look for recommended clinics there are only two.. Seems weird that only two would be qualified for recommendation as there are so many. And neither of them are doing DHI. Any advice of how to find reviews and recommendations for DHI in Turkey?

All the best! /Charlotte

In Turkey there are plenty of good choices to select, depending on your budget. Look at Dr Yaman, Fue Capilar (Dr Turan is doing DHI), Dr Demirsoy, Dr Karadeniz, Dr Bicer, Asmed (Dr Erdogan), HLC, Pekiner, Keser

Edited by Gramatik

1 hour ago, Gramatik said:

In Turkey there are plenty of good choices to select, depending on your budget. Look at Dr Yaman, Fue Capilar (Dr Turan is doing DHI), Dr Demirsoy, Dr Karadeniz, Dr Bicer, Asmed (Dr Erdogan), HLC, Pekiner, Keser

Look what I said though about yaman

Its crazy they literally said book flights doesn't matter what date 

14 minutes ago, aKaWonderKid said:

Look what I said though about yaman

Its crazy they literally said book flights doesn't matter what date 

this might be a misunderstanding. Its not logical to say that.

Edited by Gramatik

Before you look into going abroad, perhaps start with the forums here that suggest things like hairmills, free consultations from doctors in your area (or online), and look up reviews that are unbiased.

Now its not easy to start but look at your goals and see your primary and see what medications you can start with. Then perhaps see a derm see what options they have and what they can suggest to you. After you could see plastic surgeons they usually offer free consultations since they like to make people insecure about something hoping they come back.

Here is a youtube video of some hair surgeons/doctors who like to make videos to promote their practice but still offer unbiased reviews. 

Edited by Vann

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

Thanks for all replies so far! I really appreciate this! I have contacted a lot of them for consultation and look forward to hear what they have to say. I believe DHI would be best for me, but not so many clinics seem to perform that. I really don't want to be shaved! I have, after two kids, lost a lot of hair and my hairline has declined a lot. To the limit I can't stand it anymore. I have, I believe, a good donor area, and one of the clinics I contacted earlier (Serkan Aygin) suggest 2800 grafts using DHI. But he doesn't do the procedure himself and from what I read it's one of those clinics that performs tons of procedures using "assistants" for them.. I'd like to find a reliable, highly competent doctor who's doing the procedure him- or herself and who's interested in a good result, not just the money... like all of us here I guess.. Anyone who's done DHI who has input to share? 

It might help to show pictures of your hair and the areas you want to improve. And it will help to know your budget, the costs can vary a lot.

The "no shave" option can be tough, usually not recommended, and typically it's more expensive, too. But if it is just lowering the hairline, that is possible. 

Don't get fooled into the "DHI is superior" narrative out there. It isn't, it is just a tool. Focus on the results. Who cares what tools they use?

• Like 1

Each surgeon has a different technique that they have spent a lot of time training in. Whether it is procedure, technique, or skill; I think you should really go for results. Since this should produce life long/life altering results I think having a bad hair cut is temporary compared to the long term results. 

however for most female patients that I have seen for hair transplants. Surgeons only shave the donor zone that would be covered up by longer hairs. So assuming your hair is long I would suggest bringing up that type of method.

But just remember some people could be fully shaven and never have any shedding while some may take up to a full year to see results. 

(there is also a video by Melvin about what technique is better and he’s interviewing some insanely good plastic surgeon [konior] and a hair transplant surgeon [mwamba] and the mutual consensus was it is about the surgeons technique and ability to perform) 

Edited by Vann

I have "no" problems being shaved in the donor area,but the receiving area - no way. I need to lower the hairline and increase density in the temples, a lot. My hair is half way down my back in length and relatively dense, except for the front. Shaving the front is not an option. From what i understand the DHI is not only a tool, it's also about how dense you can make it and also without shaving. Is FUE possible without shaving the receiving area? I've got s few responses from the suggested facilities but still no one says the Dr is actually performing the procedure only " overlooking it" and cutting channels.

29 minutes ago, Vann said:

Each surgeon has a different technique that they have spent a lot of time training in. Whether it is procedure, technique, or skill; I think you should really go for results. Since this should produce life long/life altering results I think having a bad hair cut is temporary compared to the long term results. 

however for most female patients that I have seen for hair transplants. Surgeons only shave the donor zone that would be covered up by longer hairs. So assuming your hair is long I would suggest bringing up that type of method.

But just remember some people could be fully shaven and never have any shedding while some may take up to a full year to see results. 

(there is also a video by Melvin about what technique is better and he’s interviewing some insanely good plastic surgeon [konior] and a hair transplant surgeon [mwamba] and the mutual consensus was it is about the surgeons technique and ability to perform) 

Where do I find those videos?

39 minutes ago, Fireblade said:

DHI is not only a tool, it's also about how dense you can make it and also without shaving

This isn't true at all. DHI is fine, but traditional FUE does the same thing. All top docs are doing 45-50 grafts/cm2 density in hairline, which is as dense as you want to go.

Women typically don't shave recipient areas. If you're just adding hair to areas where there isn't hair now, no need to shave. They might shave a 1/2 cm back to get better density, but that's not an issue.

2 hours ago, MachoVato said:

This isn't true at all. DHI is fine, but traditional FUE does the same thing. All top docs are doing 45-50 grafts/cm2 density in hairline, which is as dense as you want to go.

Women typically don't shave recipient areas. If you're just adding hair to areas where there isn't hair now, no need to shave. They might shave a 1/2 cm back to get better density, but that's not an issue.

I have to agree with this statement.

Charlotte, I think you should really look for what the surgeon themselves are best at. I understand that you would not want any shaved areas. But there could be potential areas that those implanted hairs will fall out and look almost as if they were shaved. Some people can style their hair to hide these smaller growing hairs.

As far as the level of involvement by the doctor those are only a few in Turkey. Almost all surgeons have some level of technician involvement in their operation. A few reputable doctors I have seen on this forum about Turkey are Dr. Pekiner, Dr Bicer, and HLC (not DHI techniques). But you shouldn't limit yourself to solely them, there are other clinics in Spain, India, and Belgium (basically anywhere in the world). You should focus on the results they produce and how they can best help you.

A specific technique does not guarantee a perfect result. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Vann said:

I have to agree with this statement.

Charlotte, I think you should really look for what the surgeon themselves are best at. I understand that you would not want any shaved areas. But there could be potential areas that those implanted hairs will fall out and look almost as if they were shaved. Some people can style their hair to hide these smaller growing hairs.

As far as the level of involvement by the doctor those are only a few in Turkey. Almost all surgeons have some level of technician involvement in their operation. A few reputable doctors I have seen on this forum about Turkey are Dr. Pekiner, Dr Bicer, and HLC (not DHI techniques). But you shouldn't limit yourself to solely them, there are other clinics in Spain, India, and Belgium (basically anywhere in the world). You should focus on the results they produce and how they can best help you.

A specific technique does not guarantee a perfect result. 

Thanks for this! I hear you. When it comes to involvement of assistants I'm just afraid that if practically all of the procedure is done by them I can't look at results bcs I'll never know who did what. -Results could be from good assistants while I might end up with a really lousy ones. Anyhow, I've contacted quite a few that were suggested here let's see how it develops. Regarding recipient area, is it possible to increase density in an area without shaving it using FUE?

8 hours ago, Fireblade said:

Thanks for this! I hear you. When it comes to involvement of assistants I'm just afraid that if practically all of the procedure is done by them I can't look at results bcs I'll never know who did what. -Results could be from good assistants while I might end up with a really lousy ones. Anyhow, I've contacted quite a few that were suggested here let's see how it develops. Regarding recipient area, is it possible to increase density in an area without shaving it using FUE?

I completely understand what you mean when it comes to techs. You don't want a hair mill, or something that is done without knowing if its done properly. Most places that have doctor involvement only usually still have tech involvement. This could be inspecting grafts and dissecting and organizing specific hairs (single, doubles, etc.), this really depends on your doctor/clinic. 

This would be a great question to ask when doing your consultation. If possible try to make a list of questions before hand about the doctor themselves, reviews on this site, and ask what they think would best be appropriate for you in terms of adding in more grafts. Obviously they work with what you would like and then offer their insight. But sometimes it is nice to differentiate other opinions when doing multiple consultations.

EX: Doctor A says 1000 grafts in 'xyz' location and Doctor B says 2.7k grafts in the same location.

Also, yes, it is possible to trim the hair a little shorter, lets say about 1-5 inches long, and then do a long hair fue transplant. There are a few surgeons who are actually known for doing that with women and some men. Ordinarily, it isn't something you would want because you would want the best result possible -- so shaving as much as possible would help the doctor visually. But if you are working with thinner/finer hair you could potentially get away with this. Especially if you only have a lower graft number you could shave small parts of the recipient site and implant these. Here is a summed up video of a plastic surgeon that is talking about this (long hair info. starts at 8:40 but still has some good information about options throughout the video). Hope that helps!