Feeling tempted to book in a transplant after only speaking with two doctors

14 minutes ago, FITA said:

Dr Couto doesn’t perform extractions either. I had a consultation recently and in truth I came out feeling a little underwhelmed.

How did you get a consultation mind I ask?

All I can see is a new Website from his clinic but cant really find a way to get in touch. 

4 hours ago, FITA said:

Dr Couto doesn’t perform extractions either. I had a consultation recently and in truth I came out feeling a little underwhelmed.

It sounds as though Bisanga also doesn't do the extractions either (not sure if this is relatively new) unless you specifically pay for this which is an extra 1.5 euro per graft. Otherwise the extractions are done by Dr Kostis. My understanding is the overall design and recipient sites is the most important part of the process which Basinga is completing. Don't know enough about Dr Kostis or hair transplants in general to know if the 1.5 Euro per graft for the extractions is worthwhile or not, but we all know how important protecting the donor area is.

At least Dr Kostis has been on the other hand of Basinga's work. I believe he posted his own review of a hair transplant done by Basinga on this forum.

Edited by Viney

10 hours ago, TheGreatPretender said:

How did you get a consultation mind I ask?

All I can see is a new Website from his clinic but cant really find a way to get in touch. 

I found the email address online. It’s just info @ web address. I remember emailing and getting a response saying to email back a couple of months later when they open up their consultations window. So I did, and was then given a date for a year later. So it was roughly 14.5 months between first emailing and then having a face to face consultation (which was completely free by the way).

4 hours ago, FITA said:

I found the email address online. It’s just info @ web address. I remember emailing and getting a response saying to email back a couple of months later when they open up their consultations window. So I did, and was then given a date for a year later. So it was roughly 14.5 months between first emailing and then having a face to face consultation (which was completely free by the way).

Thanks, I have just noticed that they do indeed have an email, might be worth a try sending a message to see if it is possible to get an answer.

10 hours ago, Viney said:

It sounds as though Bisanga also doesn't do the extractions either (not sure if this is relatively new) unless you specifically pay for this which is an extra 1.5 euro per graft. Otherwise the extractions are done by Dr Kostis. My understanding is the overall design and recipient sites is the most important part of the process which Basinga is completing. Don't know enough about Dr Kostis or hair transplants in general to know if the 1.5 Euro per graft for the extractions is worthwhile or not, but we all know how important protecting the donor area is.

At least Dr Kostis has been on the other hand of Basinga's work. I believe he posted his own review of a hair transplant done by Basinga on this forum.

Its funny that I always had this wrong idea that the majority of top clinics used DHI when performing the extractions/implantations. Reality is that things arent what they seem and after doing some further digging, only a few surgeons seem to be comfortable doing both extractions and implantations manually such as Ferreira, not sure if Pinto is doing the same tough. 

I think its also important to make sure that the techs are good enough to perform the implanations and I believe that the majority of them are possibly capable of following the surgeons instructions leading to good results, I guess this is why De Freitas is really good as he seems. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TheGreatPretender said:

Its funny that I always had this wrong idea that the majority of top clinics used DHI when performing the extractions/implantations. Reality is that things arent what they seem and after doing some further digging, only a few surgeons seem to be comfortable doing both extractions and implantations manually such as Ferreira, not sure if Pinto is doing the same tough. 

I think its also important to make sure that the techs are good enough to perform the implanations and I believe that the majority of them are possibly capable of following the surgeons instructions leading to good results, I guess this is why De Freitas is really good as he seems. 

So did I and I think it was an opinion I'd formed on this website as a lot of people were saying your doctor needs to do the whole process. I think this was more the doctor needs to be involved in the whole process - to some degree - and be the person performing the really key important tasks.

• Like 1

I’m on a similar boat. My “research” and consultations were mainly around Turkey at first but I’ve seen the light since then lol. I’ve spoken with Dr. Freitas’s team and would be totally comfortable booking with them. I’d love for the doctor to have performed the whole surgery but I’m ok’ing with the extractions being done by his assistant since I can’t argue with the results that he’s shown as well as the member results here. I don’t think I’ve seen one botched extraction job at all. 

I do really hope I can speak with Ferreira first before I book though. I love his work and I like how he handles the major parts of the surgery on his own. It’s really a toss up between Ferreira and Freitas for me. I’m open to getting the surgery done up to the end of next year if needed. I’ve been told that my quote for my assessment with Freitas is good for 3 months (March in my case), and I’m leaning towards just signing the dotted line and putting in my deposit if I don’t hear from Ferreira by my deadline with Freitas. But we’ll see!  

• Like 1