Hair Transplant in Mexico

I have consulted with the following two medical doctors in Mexico and need some help deciding which one to choose:

1. Dr Nader (Nader Medical in Reynosa)

2. Dr Cortez (Hair Medical Restoration in Tijuana)

Both have recommended 2000 - 3000 grafts for the crown area. The costs are about the same (if you factor in a 10% discount that Dr Nader offers for paying cash). Both seem highly reputable based on the reviews here. I am based in Chicago, so traveling to Reynosa from McAllen, TX would be a little easier. 

Any thoughts on which one would be a better option? 

Thanks.

You are dipping and the area is getting larger. Note the miniaturized hair all around the perimeter.  Hopefully you are doing some type of medical therapy to help you with retention.

If you were to fill in the entire area, and say you keep expanding the pattern, you would end up with an island of hair and nothing around it.  What's worse, say you keep dipping, you could end up with what we refer to as a smile in the back of the head.  In other words, you would end up chasing the pattern.  If you end up using all your donor - and you lose hair in the front - you would have nothing else to fix it.  

To prevent all that you could consider working the horizontal plane. Go back as far as you can so as to minimize the size of the crown. By doing this in a circular fashion, the back would still look natural. As the transplants grow, they would help cover the area.

Move fwd with caution.

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

• Administrators

Are you on medication? I think 2,000-3,000 seems like a good number. As long as the doctors take into account the future hair loss you will inevitably experience, you should be fine. Medication can sustain the border hair for quite some time.

59F038B5-617A-4475-B692-A353DC0F681D.jpeg

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Since you live in Chicago have you considered Konior, Nadimi, or Panine?

Sure they are more expensive than the docs south of the border, but when you factor in travel and accommodation (plus the stress of traveling for surgery), the costs may equal out. 

I would recommend Dr. Nader. I've had 2 hair transplants (March 2020 & March 2021) and very happy with my results. I live along the border so was able to get credited for my hotel stay, no flight, and of course, they provide transportation to and from McAllen, TX.

50 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Are you on medication? I think 2,000-3,000 seems like a good number. As long as the doctors take into account the future hair loss you will inevitably experience, you should be fine. Medication can sustain the border hair for quite some time.

59F038B5-617A-4475-B692-A353DC0F681D.jpeg

I am not on any medication right now. Perhaps, I should see a dermatologist here in Chicagoland first. 

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Fullymooned said:

I am not on any medication right now. Perhaps, I should see a dermatologist here in Chicagoland first. 

I wouldn’t say getting a hair transplant is pointless without medication. However, it’s important you at least try medication to mitigate further hair loss. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.