Deleted

5 minutes ago, mmokin said:

blacklist turkey imo

I think blacklisting somewhere isn't the answer. For all the big speeches and grand standing about places ruining people and so on, the US, UK, Europe etc. are also full of some awful hair clinics. 

The truth is, Hair Transplants are not really still a fully recognised and mandated field to get into. A person doing boob jobs and all sorts can do a weekend course in the US for example and buy a machine, then have a tech do the work. 

I think ultimately we need to realise that prospective patient education and so on is the only real thing we can try. It's like anything, if you are going to get something done that's life changing and going to be with you like this, you need to do your research properly and find a good place.

The top doctors and clinics charging what they do isn't undeserved but ultimately if they can only take X amount of patients for Y demand, then it ends up where certain patients with more limited budgets are going to get priced out. So if anything, we need an increase in clinics that are truly capable and have dedicated staff to perform hair transplants. 

My personal feeling is that unfortunately greed is an overwhelming temptation for some and that's why we ended up where we did. If for example top doctors are in such demand, they'll be increasing prices as much as they can to make as much as they can. Inversely the hair mills decided to work on volume at lower prices. 

To meet the middle ground, even if you had good prices for the quality you offer and capable doctors/techs, the marketing aspects have to be done right to try and educate and then also make people understand that they're paying a little bit more to save themselves in the long run. 

37 minutes ago, NARMAK said:

I think blacklisting somewhere isn't the answer. For all the big speeches and grand standing about places ruining people and so on, the US, UK, Europe etc. are also full of some awful hair clinics. 

The truth is, Hair Transplants are not really still a fully recognised and mandated field to get into. A person doing boob jobs and all sorts can do a weekend course in the US for example and buy a machine, then have a tech do the work. 

I think ultimately we need to realise that prospective patient education and so on is the only real thing we can try. It's like anything, if you are going to get something done that's life changing and going to be with you like this, you need to do your research properly and find a good place.

The top doctors and clinics charging what they do isn't undeserved but ultimately if they can only take X amount of patients for Y demand, then it ends up where certain patients with more limited budgets are going to get priced out. So if anything, we need an increase in clinics that are truly capable and have dedicated staff to perform hair transplants. 

My personal feeling is that unfortunately greed is an overwhelming temptation for some and that's why we ended up where we did. If for example top doctors are in such demand, they'll be increasing prices as much as they can to make as much as they can. Inversely the hair mills decided to work on volume at lower prices. 

To meet the middle ground, even if you had good prices for the quality you offer and capable doctors/techs, the marketing aspects have to be done right to try and educate and then also make people understand that they're paying a little bit more to save themselves in the long run. 

yh i agree but turkey has the biggest concentration of mills, the entire country is a landmine when it comes to cosmetic surgery

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rafyht said:

Can’t this be said with anyone really? And I know now hair time are one of the top

Gosh!! You really need to get educated on HTs.

Edited by Drish

• Rafyht changed the title to Deleted
3 hours ago, mmokin said:

yh i agree but turkey has the biggest concentration of mills, the entire country is a landmine when it comes to cosmetic surgery

It does have a lot of hair mills but the country is focused on more so due to the price. Even in the US, there's a lot of these unsavoury places doing transplants but the primary difference imo is the cost factor and how many Turkey has compared to other places that makes it an easy target. 

The solutions a combination of patient awareness and an increase in safety standards being more imposed by the country but ultimately the bottom line is always "Caveat Emptor".