Hello fellow co-workers, just another day back

Hey all.

I know that this is in the top 3 discussed questions, but I wanted to start a more official thread.

I plan on booking an HT very soon. And as many have read about me before, my biggest concern is going back to work.

I need as much input as possible. I work in an office setting in a very engaging and aggressive industry. I work with a lot of different people, all ages.

I'm 24. I plan to get my frontal area and hairline restored. I think the most I will be able to get off work is about 10 days (5 work days and 2 extra). So I'd probably return to work 10 days post.

I need any feedback/personal stories about going back. Wearing a hat is no option, and getting more time off is not either.

I'm to the point where I'm getting the hair transplant. I'm at that point and it is ready. Losing hair in front for a long time, stabilized loss, strong top and crown.

So please, what can I do? I think about it everyday. If this was no problem I probably would have been having hair sprouting by now haha.

Thank you ahead of time for your help. This forum has done so much for me already.

Current Regimen:

.5mg Fin ED

Minox 2x daily

Nizoral 1% 2-3 times a week

Fish Oil capsules w/ Omega-3

Hey all.

I know that this is in the top 3 discussed questions, but I wanted to start a more official thread.

I plan on booking an HT very soon. And as many have read about me before, my biggest concern is going back to work.

I need as much input as possible. I work in an office setting in a very engaging and aggressive industry. I work with a lot of different people, all ages.

I'm 24. I plan to get my frontal area and hairline restored. I think the most I will be able to get off work is about 10 days (5 work days and 2 extra). So I'd probably return to work 10 days post.

I need any feedback/personal stories about going back. Wearing a hat is no option, and getting more time off is not either.

I'm to the point where I'm getting the hair transplant. I'm at that point and it is ready. Losing hair in front for a long time, stabilized loss, strong top and crown.

So please, what can I do? I think about it everyday. If this was no problem I probably would have been having hair sprouting by now haha.

Thank you ahead of time for your help. This forum has done so much for me already.

Current Regimen:

.5mg Fin ED

Minox 2x daily

Hi Space

I've just posted on this subject myself:

http://hair-restoration-info.c...66060861/m/344104471

I've also updated my blog with pictures.

Hope that helps. Note also the comments of others on my thread - I suspect I could have gone back to work sooner if I'd left my hair longer.

Good luck.

17 Feb 09 - 3,200 FUs by strip surgery (Dr Feller)

My Hair Loss Website

Why not just admit it? If people are going to notice anyway, you will get extra points for being honest and not trying to deny the obvious.

If your industry is aggressive, they might even respect you for taking the "Yeah, I got a hair transplant. You got a problem with that, punk?" approach.

Hey Space,

I know what you're going through. I too am in my 20s with a similar hair loss pattern to yours by the sound of it. Now I know everyone is different, and what doesn't affect me, may affect someone else drastically. But to echo what Marvin said, why not just be honest about it? I've told everyone who has asked me what I'm having done, and not one of them has said anything derogatory so far. In fact, the response I've got from people on average has been something like 'Oh cool, I hope it goes well for you.' My attitude towards it is that IT'S YOUR OWN HAIR that is being moved to a different part of your head that will grow naturally from then on, it's not like you'll be getting a wig that will be hiding your bald head underneath. It's a medical procedure like any other, and hence NOTHING to be ashamed of. And if certain people have a problem with it, it's THEIR problem, not yours! Just my two cents mate, hope it helps somewhat. Best of luck with your HT.

I had my transplant with Dr. Cooley. I went back to work on the eighth day after my transplant. I work in an office with a lot of people. I had people sitting across from my desk. By Day 8, I was completely healed. No one, and I mean no one, noticed a thing. I had 2800 grafts placed in my front and I had virtually no hair in front to cover the new grafts. Some Coalition doctors, such as Dr. Cooley, has a post-op course of care that results in patients healing very rapidly. Also, you do not have to shave the recipient area with Dr. Cooley. He works around existing hair. If you go to Dr. Cooley, you can be back at work in 7 days completely healed and no one will notice a thing. There are probably other coalition docs that have similar regimens to Dr. Cooley as far as quick healing. However, I can only speak for him.

True story - I only tell the girls at work! lol..

They love it and when it comes in - they give me advice on style, cuts.

Chicks dig confidence!

Dec. 2004 - 1938 Grafts via Strip

Feb. 2009 - 1002 Grafts via FUE

Thanks for the responses guys.

I don't think telling anyone that is an option for me... I'm just not the kind of guy that could come out and say something like that. I'm too self-concious of my appearance.

Anyone who couldn't tell people care to share their experiences? I'm shakin in my boots about this situation.

Current Regimen:

.5mg Fin ED

Minox 2x daily

spacebetween, you should really look at some of the post op pics some of the guys have posted in here. I think it would be really hard to hide an HT procedure. I am lucky as I run my own business and can wear a hat. I wish you all the luck.

Not what you are gonna want to hear but...

I work from home and only have to see my co-workers about once a month for meetings. I scheduled my HT right after one meeting so I knew I would have a month to heal before I had to go anywhere without a hat on. Dr. Alexander expressed confidence that my procedure would be undectectable by then based on my skin type. After a month, the top of my head was still too pink. I thought about making up a story about sunburn or something but the pattern was too regular and I didn't feel it would fly so I ended up calling in sick. Last week, I finally had to face people without a hat for the first time and I'd say it looks totally normal now but it took me about two months to get to that point. Everyone heals differently so some of us have an easier time than others. Good luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

I have the same exact concerns as the original poster but I have to say, I am really getting to the point where I am going to just be open about it. Not volunteer it but if asked what the heck, just tell people. If you broke your nose and had a bump fixed, would you hide it...I guess not.

I fgure any redicule can't be any more than the cheap comments one tend to get from people about your receding hairline.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Space- people all heal differently so you will get varied responses to the amount of time it takes to look normal again. I try to answer this question as honestly as possible so one doesn't have unrealistic expectations on their healing time. I want to stress not to underestimate the time it takes to look normal again. Ten days will not be enough time, but if you can get away with wearing a hat or work from home.

I would say to try to have the procedure on a friday and then take the two weeks off so you have eseentially three weekends on top or the ten week days off. That would actually help a lot. Healing just takes time.

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

Eman is right Space. I understand where you are coming from, some people prefer to keep it to themselves which is absolutely fine. All I could suggest is that you hold off on it until such a time that you can get a longer period of time off work. Or else you could always take medical leave? Not sure how that is governed in the US (you are from the US yes?) But here in Ireland we are entitled to medical leave once we have a valid 'cert' from a licensed medical practitioner.

Hi Space,

I had 2 HTs in the frontal area. What I did, and it takes a lot of patience, was to let my hair grow out long enough so that it covered the entire recipient area. I went back to work 4 days after my 1st HT and 3 days after my 2nd HT and nobody at work noticed or said a thing. I couldn't tell I had a HT under my existing hair because it covered everything.

Besides that I'm not sure how else you could hide the fact that you had HT, unless you can take more days off. At 10 days I think the frontal area isn't healed enough to hide that you had something done there.

Is your hair long enough to cover the recipient and donor areas? If people ask then it's obvious you had something done, at that point it's best to be honest.

Good luck.