Post op management recommendations

• Administrators

I didn’t get a strip surgery, but I flew halfway around the world. My suggestion is to give yourself at least 4-5 days. You can use a surgical cap in the airplane and airport. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I didn’t get a strip surgery, but I flew halfway around the world. My suggestion is to give yourself at least 4-5 days. You can use a surgical cap in the airplane and airport. 

How many days till you were "back to baseline" (like maybe 95%)? I have heard some people here say 2 weeks I think for strip? Sutures come out at 4 days and staples at 2 weeks? I know this varies from doc to doc but was just wondering what people's experiences were.

• Administrators
Just now, George Clooney said:

How many days till you were "back to baseline" (like maybe 95%)? I have heard some people here say 2 weeks I think for strip? Sutures come out at 4 days and staples at 2 weeks? I know this varies from doc to doc but was just wondering what people's experiences were.

You mean, when the scabs are all off and you don't look like you had a hair transplant? I would say at least 2 weeks. 

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.